Anyone been denied The Vibe?

Kenlorz

I've seen a few threads that claimed Vibe Beach Club never completely sold out on their sailings and I've just read a recent review that spoke of people who waited at the pier for 3 hours before check in and made the mad dash for customer service along with the rest of the masses and still couldn't score a Vibe Pass.

So, what's been your experience in recent sailings? Did Vibe sell out before you had a chance to purchase a pass? If so, how early did you get to the pier and how bad was the dash to customer service?

I'm just thinking that even though we would really like a pass, if it is really that hard and crazy to get one, maybe we'll just avoid starting our vacation off with major stress all together and skip it. Wanted to hear other's experience first....

I've seen a few threads that claimed Vibe Beach Club never completely sold out on their sailings and I've just read a recent review that spoke of people who waited at the pier for 3 hours before check in and made the mad dash for customer service along with the rest of the masses and still couldn't score a Vibe Pass.

So, what's been your experience in recent sailings? Did Vibe sell out before you had a chance to purchase a pass? If so, how early did you get to the pier and how bad was the dash to customer service?

I'm just thinking that even though we would really like a pass, if it is really that hard and crazy to get one, maybe we'll just avoid starting our vacation off with major stress all together and skip it. Wanted to hear other's experience first....

My husband and I were able to get vibe tickets on the Getaway April 12 -19. We boarded around 12:30pm. We didn't go to guest services until 1:30 or 2:00. There was a crew member asking those of us in line at guest services what we needed. Since we just wanted vibe he sent us straight over to a separate counter. We had no trouble getting in.

I was slightly disappointed in the Vibe beach club. We are a 45 and 50 yr old married couple. We weren't there to party. I was hoping for a quiet place away from the main pool without kids and craziness. What we got were hot tubs full of young adults talking loud and drinking. Discussing their conquests. It is windy up there. There is a stair case next to the club that always has people going back and forth looking over the wall. You can hear the noise from the pool deck below.

The bartender and valet were nice though. They brought around trays of fruit and cookies. You could exchange your towel there so no need to take wet towel back to room. There are umbrellas if like me you can't take too much sun. The private cabanas do sell out very early. A nice lady showed us her cabana. They look comfy and roomy.

My husband and I were able to get vibe tickets on the Getaway April 12 -19. We boarded around 12:30pm. We didn't go to guest services until 1:30 or 2:00. There was a crew member asking those of us in line at guest services what we needed. Since we just wanted vibe he sent us straight over to a separate counter. We had no trouble getting in.

I was slightly disappointed in the Vibe beach club. We are a 45 and 50 yr old married couple. We weren't there to party. I was hoping for a quiet place away from the main pool without kids and craziness. What we got were hot tubs full of young adults talking loud and drinking. Discussing their conquests. It is windy up there. There is a stair case next to the club that always has people going back and forth looking over the wall. You can hear the noise from the pool deck below.

The bartender and valet were nice though. They brought around trays of fruit and cookies. You could exchange your towel there so no need to take wet towel back to room. There are umbrellas if like me you can't take too much sun. The private cabanas do sell out very early. A nice lady showed us her cabana. They look comfy and roomy.

Thanks for this. We are not booked on this ship but if we ever sail on her I know not to bother with the Vibe pass...for the exact reasons you mentioned. We will stick with spa passes.

Would love to hear more perspectives on this. I am thinking vibe could be really nice for relaxing!

We've done both Posh on Epic and the Vibe on Breakaway, and we honestly love it. I'm VERY fair-skinned, so knowing that I will be able to get a lounger in the shade is fantastic.

No kids. Very few instances of loud carrying-on, and cool towels? It's honestly the best $79 we've spent onboard :D

This trip we're vying for one of the Cabanas on the breakaway. There are only 5... we'll see if we get there early enough.

We've done both Posh on Epic and the Vibe on Breakaway, and we honestly love it. I'm VERY fair-skinned, so knowing that I will be able to get a lounger in the shade is fantastic.

No kids. Very few instances of loud carrying-on, and cool towels? It's honestly the best $79 we've spent onboard :D

This trip we're vying for one of the Cabanas on the breakaway. There are only 5... we'll see if we get there early enough.

How much are the cabanas?

Ditto, the $79 was the best money my wife and I spent on board. We are 50-51 and were the old folks in Vibe. The youngster were really quiet and we never had any issues. The deck to the side and above the vibe deck was strange. The same group of 2-3 creepy guys who spent most of the time staring down was there every day.

$299 for the week (cost covers 2 people). There are only 5 of them, and it's YOURS for the week. Of the $299, $100 is a food & beverage credit to be used in The Vibe

Ooh I didn't know about the credit. Very tempting! Do u know what the hours of vibe are?

Thanks for the responses so far:)

It's encouraging to see that no one has yet come back and say they didn't get a vibe pass... although I'm sure some have (there was one instance for sure stated in another thread).

We are considering a cabana, but I have read a couple of compelling arguments against it... one being that is extremely hard to get one (only 5), two being that there is virtually no air movement inside them and they get extremely hot (especially in port); bringing us to argument three..the ports...barely use them (if at all) while in port making them less of a value. Again, still considering it, but valid points

$299 for the week (cost covers 2 people). There are only 5 of them, and it's YOURS for the week. Of the $299, $100 is a food & beverage credit to be used in The Vibe

The $100 is simply an OBC that can be used just like any other OBC. It doesn't have to be used for food and drink in Vibe.

The $100 is simply an OBC that can be used just like any other OBC. It doesn't have to be used for food and drink in Vibe.

I've read this on CC, but, on the other hand, see the document attached which says that it's a food and beverage credit that can only be used in the Vibe.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-breakaway-vibe-spa-kids-club/

I've read this on CC, but, on the other hand, see the document attached which says that it's a food and beverage credit that can only be used in the Vibe.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-breakaway-vibe-spa-kids-club/

I just read what you linked, and it does not say that. Sure, it is intended to be used there. In reality, it is an OBC added to your account.

I just read what you linked, and it does not say that. Sure, it is intended to be used there. In reality, it is an OBC added to your account.

It says it:

"F&B Credit for Cabanas is only good in VIBE and is non-refundable for unused portions."

Perhaps it's not actually implemented or enforced, regardless of the clearly stated rule.

Edited by KweezyCruiser

I will be on the Breakaway for the first time in September. I am not familiar with the new ships. Since some of you have experienced the Vibe, can you explain what the $79 advantage is? I am considering this but I would like to know more. Also, is it windy all the time?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

It says it:

"F&B Credit for Cabanas is only good in VIBE and is non-refundable for unused portions."

Perhaps it's not actually implemented or enforced, regardless of the clearly stated rule.

I see that bottom part there now. Regardless, that is old info posted, and when I asked during the live chat with Norwegian around Getaway's launch time, I was told it was a regular OBC, which is all I've ever seen reported by those who have received one. I don't think NCL even has the ability to "enforce" this. But you are correct that it is written there. Since I have the UBP, I certainly wouldn't waste money on a Vibe cabana if that were the case.

Other Vibe question... Does anyone know if they have started selling day passes on Getaway? From the beginning they were only doing weekly passes. Does anyone know if this has changed?

I can't imagine they would, the week passes on the BA when we traveled sold out it 15 minutes. Their must have been twice that amount of people behind me. I bought 36 and 37

I can't imagine they would, the week passes on the BA when we traveled sold out it 15 minutes. Their must have been twice that amount of people behind me. I bought 36 and 37

You are the first person who has posted about how hard it was to get a pass, so if you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions? What time did you go to Guest Services to buy the pass? Was it immediately upon boarding... and if so, were you in one of the first boarding groups? And since there were lots of people behind you in line waiting to buy a pass, did you see or hear of people who were not able to get a pass?

The OBC you get for the Cabanas HAS to be spent in the Vibe.

Don't waste the Money on the Cabana. had 14 in our group on the April 20th on the Breakaway 6 of us had vibe passes. 2dns best money spent. The 1st was the Canbana on the the Privite island.

Also When you get into the vibe give the bartender and waiter a nice tip on your 1st order and for the rest of the week you'll never wait for a drink.

You are the first person who has posted about how hard it was to get a pass, so if you don't mind, may I ask you a few questions? What time did you go to Guest Services to buy the pass? Was it immediately upon boarding... and if so, were you in one of the first boarding groups? And since there were lots of people behind you in line waiting to buy a pass, did you see or hear of people who were not able to get a pass?

I guess I can speak to my experience as well. I think that the answers on Cruise Critic are going to be skewed in favor of folks who DID get the past simply because those who post for months on an online community tend to be a bit more hardcore when it comes to doing what it takes to get what they want on vacation :D

I was at the port at 9:00 AM, and in boarding group #1. DH and mom gave me their key cards as soon as we hit the boarding ramp, and I power walked to guest services. There were 3 or 4 people ahead of me. The couple in front of me got the last Cabana (I'm assuming 1-4 went to suite guests). By the time I was done paying for my vibe pass, there was a line through the atrium, and they had handed out all of the numbered "tickets" for purchasing Vibe passes.

I guess I can speak to my experience as well. I think that the answers on Cruise Critic are going to be skewed in favor of folks who DID get the past simply because those who post for months on an online community tend to be a bit more hardcore when it comes to doing what it takes to get what they want on vacation :D

I was at the port at 9:00 AM, and in boarding group #1. DH and mom gave me their key cards as soon as we hit the boarding ramp, and I power walked to guest services. There were 3 or 4 people ahead of me. The couple in front of me got the last Cabana (I'm assuming 1-4 went to suite guests). By the time I was done paying for my vibe pass, there was a line through the atrium, and they had handed out all of the numbered "tickets" for purchasing Vibe passes.

Wow and good points... that's kind of what I've heard it being like myself. I've seen many reports claiming that if you are not in boarding groups 1 or 2... then forget about getting in the Vibe. Also hearing that unless you are in a suite or the first few people in line at the desk, then you WON'T get a cabana. Your story confirms that. May I ask when you sailed? Just wondering if time of year has anything to do with how hard it is to get in.

Wow and good points... that's kind of what I've heard it being like myself. I've seen many reports claiming that if you are not in boarding groups 1 or 2... then forget about getting in the Vibe. Also hearing that unless you are in a suite or the first few people in line at the desk, then you WON'T get a cabana. Your story confirms that. May I ask when you sailed? Just wondering if time of year has anything to do with how hard it is to get in.

Late September. It wasn't a super-full sailing.