Anyone been denied The Vibe?

Kenlorz

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've seen a few threads that claimed Vibe Beach Club never completely sold out on their sailings and I've just read a recent review that spoke of people who waited at the pier for 3 hours before check in and made the mad dash for customer service along with the rest of the masses and still couldn't score a Vibe Pass.

So, what's been your experience in recent sailings? Did Vibe sell out before you had a chance to purchase a pass? If so, how early did you get to the pier and how bad was the dash to customer service?

I'm just thinking that even though we would really like a pass, if it is really that hard and crazy to get one, maybe we'll just avoid starting our vacation off with major stress all together and skip it. Wanted to hear other's experience first....

So how did it go? It looks like you went through a lot of planning so I hope you were able to score a cabana if that's what you decided upon.

What time did you arrive at the port and which group were you? What's the deal with the $100 OBC, can it be used anywhere?

• 1 month later...

please update us when you get a chance! My daughter and I are dying to know if you were able to get into Vibe.

We are still trying to figure out this boarding system - can you explain why you received number 21 when you were first in line?

Thanks!!

Clearly NCL is also having a supply and demand issue here. Why not raise the price a bit (to dampen demand, if building more supply (I.e. A larger adults only area) is out of the question? Ultimately, NCL will make more money and passengers will be less stressed about "fighting" for a limited resource.

I got here this morning for Breakaway at 9 am and was the first in line at checkin for boarding area A. Still got number 21, fingers are crossed.

can't wait to hear about your experience. We go on the Getaway on the 29th. I'm especially interested in the discrepancy in the cabana $100 OBC:)

can't wait to hear about your experience. We go on the Getaway on the 29th. I'm especially interested in the discrepancy in the cabana $100 OBC:)

We are sailing the Getaway in October and I really want to get the Vibe passes. Please come back and let us know how it went for you.

We did not get passes. Obviously I am annoyed, not because it will ruin our vacation because it won't but because I woke up so early and got there amongst the first 75 to 100 people in the terminal to get boarding group 21.

We did not get passes. Obviously I am annoyed, not because it will ruin our vacation because it won't but because I woke up so early and got there amongst the first 75 to 100 people in the terminal to get boarding group 21.

We got there at around 9:30 on our last cruise, and got boarding number 24. We didn't even try, and just got spa passes instead. We had a couple of rainy days, so it worked out well for us.

We got there at around 9:30 on our last cruise, and got boarding number 24. We didn't even try, and just got spa passes instead. We had a couple of rainy days, so it worked out well for us.

Makes me wonder how they even assign group numbers.

This comment made me laugh! I was on the same sailing as Winston Wolf, boarding number 6, we got to pier around 9:30am since that was when our train got into NYC. We sat in side area until about 10am when they let us check in, boarding began at 11:45. I read a post on CC explaining where to get the passes and to act just like it was rope drop! This was the best $79 we spent all week, I would have spent double that. Not windy at all, always plenty of open loungers and beds, plenty of room in the hot tubs, no kids, nice and quiet. I read two books over the week! I will second the comment about the stairs and sun deck above being a little awkward at times as people could look down and watch over us. Most of them were just trying to figure out how to get in there since the pool decks were PACKED (sold out sailing) and Vibe had plenty of empty seats.

We had people stand behind Vibe people on the Getaway and when you scanned your card to open the door they would walk right in behind you and thought they hit pay dirt until they couldn't produce their bracelets and the gentleman would explain that they had to leave. Some left willingly others put up a little argument to no avail. It happened everyday. It made for some interesting people watching!!!:rolleyes:

So getting a low boarding number has nothing to do with when you arrive at the port? Also, how do you get to guest services when you board the Getaway? Never been on any NCL ships. I'll be on the Oct 31 sailing for 12 days, should I assume the passes will cost more that $79/pp?

Edited by phoenix2mn