Anyone been denied The Vibe?

Kenlorz

The OBC you get for the Cabanas HAS to be spent in the Vibe.

Don't waste the Money on the Cabana. had 14 in our group on the April 20th on the Breakaway 6 of us had vibe passes. 2dns best money spent. The 1st was the Canbana on the the Privite island.

Also When you get into the vibe give the bartender and waiter a nice tip on your 1st order and for the rest of the week you'll never wait for a drink.

Responding to a couple points...

They SAY the OBC needs to be spent in Vibe, but it just shows up at a non-refundable OBC on your bill....so in essence, it just takes $100 off the top of your charges. While we spent more than that $100 in Vibe, it wouldn't have mattered a bit. Also, we had to go ask for that credit again. It hadn't shown up 5 days in our our cruise. Went to the desk, asked about it, and it was on within a couple hours.

The value of the Cabana is different to everyone. We were lucky enough to get one and it was the best money we spent all week. The only downer about it is that you're really enclosed and if you're into mingling with others, you're pretty cut off. You also can't position the shade if the sun is out in front of you.

Wow and good points... that's kind of what I've heard it being like myself. I've seen many reports claiming that if you are not in boarding groups 1 or 2... then forget about getting in the Vibe. Also hearing that unless you are in a suite or the first few people in line at the desk, then you WON'T get a cabana. Your story confirms that. May I ask when you sailed? Just wondering if time of year has anything to do with how hard it is to get in.

We were in Group 5 and got Cabana #2. The people in front of us got Vibe passes 5 and 6.

We were in Group 5 and got Cabana #2. The people in front of us got Vibe passes 5 and 6.

Well THAT'S good news! Especially since you sailed around the same time of year that we will be going. Thanks for listing your boarding group number... it really helps to get a perspective :)

We're really torn on whether to try for a cabana if there are any left when we get there. I like the idea of the privacy a LOT... but I am concerned about the heat, lack of air movement and now the additional point of being unable to move the sun canopies (didn't know that one). Plus I keep wondering how cost effective it will be with three days in Bermuda being spent mostly on land during the daylight hours. But then I go back to the privacy and the pendulum swings the other way :rolleyes:

Well THAT'S good news! Especially since you sailed around the same time of year that we will be going. Thanks for listing your boarding group number... it really helps to get a perspective :)

We're really torn on whether to try for a cabana if there are any left when we get there. I like the idea of the privacy a LOT... but I am concerned about the heat, lack of air movement and now the additional point of being unable to move the sun canopies (didn't know that one). Plus I keep wondering how cost effective it will be with three days in Bermuda being spent mostly on land during the daylight hours. But then I go back to the privacy and the pendulum swings the other way :rolleyes:

YMMV on how much availability will be there for boarding group #5. Maybe cabanas, maybe not...but almost certainly Vibe availability.

Per the wind/heat/etc for the Cabana. It does block the wind...which can be a really good thing, especially on Sea days. We never noticed it being overly windy up there (except the last day which was like a hurricane in there and rendered all of Vibe unaccessable), but if you're sailing in May or October where temps are in the 70's....blocking the wind isn't a bad thing. It can make sitting up there under the sun pretty nice actually.

We found ourselves still using it while in Bermuda. Did an excursion first thing, then went back to the Cabana on day one. Went out to St. Georges on day two, then back to the cabana after a late lunch. Day 3 spent around the dockyard, then back to the cabana after lunch to watch the pier runners. Honestly...it was our favorite part of the vacation and we used it as often as we could. We actually opted against doing more things in Bermuda we were enjoying Vibe and the Cabana so much. We had a Large Balcony MiniSuite with a huge balcony...and opted some evenings just to take a bottle of wine up to the Cabana rather than sit on our enormous balcony.

Edited by Winston Wolf

We were on Breakaway last September. We got to the port at 9am and there was already a long line of people. I don't remember what number we got but we were near the end because people at the back of the line at the guest services desks started yelling because they didn't get a number for the Vibe passes.

If we ever go on Breakaway again we will definitely get the passes. The area is mostly quiet, you always get a lounge chair and they're nicer than the ones around the pool. It was just so relaxing and not crowded. Absolutely loved it.

The cabanas looked like they'd be too hot and sunny. I actually like to be in the shade and I believe that there was no way to block the sun, you were at the mercy of the sun and ship's position.

Edited by coppola908

Ok...I'm hearing a lot of arrival times of 9 & 9:30 to ensure a Vibe pass. So what time does the pier open up and start checking people in? (This is starting to sound almost as bad as the Disney rope drops :rolleyes:).

This is starting to sound almost as bad as the Disney rope drops :rolleyes.
This comment made me laugh! I was on the same sailing as Winston Wolf, boarding number 6, we got to pier around 9:30am since that was when our train got into NYC. We sat in side area until about 10am when they let us check in, boarding began at 11:45. I read a post on CC explaining where to get the passes and to act just like it was rope drop! This was the best $79 we spent all week, I would have spent double that. Not windy at all, always plenty of open loungers and beds, plenty of room in the hot tubs, no kids, nice and quiet. I read two books over the week! I will second the comment about the stairs and sun deck above being a little awkward at times as people could look down and watch over us. Most of them were just trying to figure out how to get in there since the pool decks were PACKED (sold out sailing) and Vibe had plenty of empty seats. Edited by oneplustwins

Ok...I'm hearing a lot of arrival times of 9 & 9:30 to ensure a Vibe pass. So what time does the pier open up and start checking people in? (This is starting to sound almost as bad as the Disney rope drops :rolleyes:).

I'd like to know this too. I'm completely sold on getting Vibe passes and do not want to miss out by arriving too late!

This comment made me laugh! I was on the same sailing as Winston Wolf, boarding number 6, we got to pier around 9:30am since that was when our train got into NYC. We sat in side area until about 10am when they let us check in, boarding began at 11:45. I read a post on CC explaining where to get the passes and to act just like it was rope drop! This was the best $79 we spent all week, I would have spent double that. Not windy at all, always plenty of open loungers and beds, plenty of room in the hot tubs, no kids, nice and quiet. I read two books over the week! I will second the comment about the stairs and sun deck above being a little awkward at times as people could look down and watch over us. Most of them were just trying to figure out how to get in there since the pool decks were PACKED (sold out sailing) and Vibe had plenty of empty seats.

Hi K! Agreed on the "watchers". I saw couple guys come in one time while the door was open and ask the bartenders how you get access to the area. I probably wouldn't have had a clue if not for reading CC after we booked last summer! Read enough threads and you know exactly where you board, where to go, and and how to get there! :p

Edited by Winston Wolf

Would love to hear more perspectives on this. I am thinking vibe could be really nice for relaxing!

Was on the Breakaway in September 2013. Arrived at the cruise terminal at 8:45. Was in the second boarding group. Did the mad dash to guest services and got the last pass to Vibe. For me it was worth it. It was never crowded. However going to Bermuda, it was a little windy up there. Bar service was excellent and plenty of fresh towels were available. Believe it or not, I prefer Vibe to the spa.

~ La Princesa

Can I buy the Vibe passes for myself and someone not in my cabin? Will they charge me for both? I have Latitudes priority check in but my sister does not and I am thinking that I may be able to get on earlier than she will - or will we all be in the same boarding group?

So stressful - isn't cruising supposed to be relaxing??

Thanks

Susan

We will be on Epic in October and like the idea of posh. Is posh the only place where we can get cushioned lounge chairs? That and the umbrella for shade is what's appealing to us.

I also think I read there's a sail away party with free drinks and hors devours. Is that orrect?

Our cruise embarks twice, once in Barcelona for most passengers and then 4 days later for Rome, where we get on. Do they have 2 sail away parties? Will all the posh passes go to the Barcelona people?

I know no one can answer for sure as things change, but any details from the Epic sailing in Europe would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can I buy the Vibe passes for myself and someone not in my cabin? Will they charge me for both? I have Latitudes priority check in but my sister does not and I am thinking that I may be able to get on earlier than she will - or will we all be in the same boarding group?

So stressful - isn't cruising supposed to be relaxing??

Thanks

Susan

Not sure about the boarding group question. But when I was in line for Vibe, there was someone behind me who wanted to buy passes for others in her group. I can't remember if they told her that each person had to be there with their card in order to buy, or if she needed to have a card for each person. She was on her phone frantic to get everyone to the line with their cards.

I just got off the completely full Getaway this morning. We were in boarding group 1, and were nearly tackled by frantic people running for their passes. It was ridiculous. We went to Guest Services at 9:00pm the first night, and asked if they had any Vibe passes left. They said, "Of course. How many do you need?" We needed none, we were just curious. It was funny.

I don't think it ever sold out.

I just got off the completely full Getaway this morning. We were in boarding group 1, and were nearly tackled by frantic people running for their passes. It was ridiculous. We went to Guest Services at 9:00pm the first night, and asked if they had any Vibe passes left. They said, "Of course. How many do you need?" We needed none, we were just curious. It was funny.

I don't think it ever sold out.

Not everyone is running for passes. Guest Services is also where people can put cash on their accounts and that line can get very long.

Not everyone is running for passes. Guest Services is also where people can put cash on their accounts and that line can get very long.

I was referring to the people who said they were running for Vibe passes. I took that to mean they were running for Vibe passes. :-)

I was referring to the people who said they were running for Vibe passes. I took that to mean they were running for Vibe passes. :-)

When in I doubt I also go with the literal translation.

We were on the May 25 Breakaway - ship was full and we were in group 23 boarding, probably got on board around noon, we got the last passes to Vibe. Actually, he had only 1 number left (#45) and I needed 2, but he told us to tell them to let DH have a pass too (and it turned out he had accidently given too many numbers to someone ahead of us, so they had an extra pass anyway.

We loved Vibe. The lounges were comfy, and we managed to find spots in the shade each time. I used the hot tubs too. Courtney the bartender was great. I'm not a drinker and he fixed me up with spritzers (I did make Courtney giggle when I told him the Captain had made me the designated driver). We had a few fruit skewers too. I did talk to the couple who scored the last cabana and they said it was actually too hot. It wasn't windy - we went down to H2O once to see and it was howling windy there.

I also got a spa pass, and never even used it - (I was just too busy, and wanted to be in the sun/outside when I had time and DH didn't get one, and I wanted to be with him (our first cruise without kids)). Next time I book a cruise in warm weather times (this was my first non-winter cruise), I'd get a Vibe pass if the ship had one and skip the spa again.

I never did figure out what food you'd get at Vibe, people were ordering drinks, and someone ordered a pizza (and shared a slice with me - yum), but other than that, I only saw people with drinks - I had a soda card, so I didn't order anything that needed to be paid for.

Always ;-)

Hunzi