Booked for our first Alaska cruise

Dizzneefan

Just booked three cabins for a party of scene family members for our first cruise to Alaska next summer. We sail June 9th on the Legend aft cabin and I am so pumped.

But I hope Uncle Walt will forgive us for not going to his parks next year.

Just booked three cabins for a party of scene family members for our first cruise to Alaska next summer. We sail June 9th on the Legend aft cabin and I am so pumped.

Congrats! I looked on the carnival website. It doesn't look like they have all of the cabins opened up yet for booking. I want to go in august or September of 2015....

Alaska was one of my favorite cruises. We went of RCL but I really do not think the cruise line makes a huge difference on an Alaskan cruise. We had a OV cabin with a window ledge at the bottom of the ship. Being from Atlanta, I was up daily at about 4:00 am there. I enjoyed many mornings sitting on the window ledge watching the whale and sea lions from the window. We also went early June and it was very cold out on the decks when the ship was moving, but in port it was quite warm. Remember to dress in layers, take a good quality camera that was a good zoom feature and some binoculars. Hope you have a great time!:)

I really do not think the cruise line makes a huge difference on an Alaskan cruise.

Being from Atlanta, I was up daily at about 4:00 am there.

The highlights of our Alaska cruise were Glacier Bay and Sitka. Absolutely amazing. I agree that the cruise line or the ship aren't as important, but itinerary DEFINITELY is!

We also live in the Atlanta area (Peachtree City), and we traveled with 2 kids under the age of 4. Talk about being out of whack with the time change and the extended sunlight hours! It's basically day time from 4am until 11pm, with a 4 hour time change. Our kids had the hardest time adjusting. They didn't want to go to bed before 11pm because it was still daytime, but then they'd be wide awake and ready to play at sunrise at 4am! :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

The highlights of our Alaska cruise were Glacier Bay and Sitka. Absolutely amazing. I agree that the cruise line or the ship aren't as important, but itinerary DEFINITELY is!

We also live in the Atlanta area (Peachtree City), and we traveled with 2 kids under the age of 4. Talk about being out of whack with the time change and the extended sunlight hours! It's basically day time from 4am until 11pm, with a 4 hour time change. Our kids had the hardest time adjusting. They didn't want to go to bed before 11pm because it was still daytime, but then they'd be wide awake and ready to play at sunrise at 4am! :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I didn't know you are in Peachtree City, I'm in Conyers! My SIL is in Sharpsburg, was I PC prior.

We were on the first Alaska cruise of the season this year April 28. It was wonderful, the weather was great and it didn't hurt my feelings at all to not need to use my brand new Frogg Toggs since we had no rain in ports! I would go again in a heart beat it was such a good trip!

Edited by Cindy 800

Alaska was one of my favorite cruises. We went of RCL but I really do not think the cruise line makes a huge difference on an Alaskan cruise. We had a OV cabin with a window ledge at the bottom of the ship. Being from Atlanta, I was up daily at about 4:00 am there. I enjoyed many mornings sitting on the window ledge watching the whale and sea lions from the window. We also went early June and it was very cold out on the decks when the ship was moving, but in port it was quite warm. Remember to dress in layers, take a good quality camera that was a good zoom feature and some binoculars. Hope you have a great time!:)

"Remember to dress in layers, take a good quality camera that was a good zoom feature and some binoculars."

That's the best advice anyone will give you about an Alaskan cruise!;) I would add that a small umbrella is also something to pack in your carryon or suitcase.

We went to alaska on the spirit three years ago and had a wonderful cruise. It was early june and very cold 45-60 to us texans! I wore four layers most days! It is not like any other cruise. Bring lots of memory cards. We did the whale tour which i enjoyed the most! Just so beautiful !

We cruised to Alaska in June of 2008, and it remains my favorite cruise. After the cruise, we rented a car and cabin, and spent several days in Denali. It was much cheaper than the cruise company add-ons.

Cindy - I graduated from Rockdale Co. High and still have family in Conyers!

With the price increases that just took effect, I think the cruise to Alaska will be CHEAPER than a visit to Uncle Walt's place.. (I live near Disneyland, and used to work there!)

We cruised to Alaska in June of 2008, and it remains my favorite cruise. After the cruise, we rented a car and cabin, and spent several days in Denali. It was much cheaper than the cruise company add-ons.

Cindy - I graduated from Rockdale Co. High and still have family in Conyers!

Wow small world! We're about a mile from the Monastery.

If you are concerned re getting the kids to sleep on the Alaskan cruise, have you thought about having an inside room? Always dark and the kidlets wont have any idea what it is like outside. Admittedly a balcony is nice but if I had to choose between a decent night sleep for all against a balcony I would go sleep.