Seattle Car Rental Option?

AlohaPride

I'm thinking about renting a car while we're in Seattle. This way we can drive where we want, and drop the family off at the pier before turning it in. Are there any rental agencies near the pier where we can pick up at the airport and then drop off at the pier? Or are there car agencies that will drop you off where you need to be after you return the car?

We cruised out of Seattle last summer and rented a car for a couple of days with pick up and drop off at the Marriott. I think the answer will depend on which pier you are cruising from. At the time NCL was practically downtown but we took a cab to our Carnival pier that was further out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

there are a few rental companies with KIOSKS at the piers; they don't have cars at the pier so they transport customers to/from their lots downtown. Don't know how it works if you pick up the car at the airport, but give them a call: http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Enterprise advertises that they will pick up and deliver ... check with them for details.

Parking is expensive in Seattle. Most hotels charge $25 a day even for their guests. There are a few that offer free parking tho. Are you staying by Seatac ?

I tried to do a one way from Sea TAC last summer with Hertz, Enterprise, Alamo. All three told me they did not allow for one way rentals to downtown. Just make sure you are getting what you think you are getting so there are no surprises.

I tried to do a one way from Sea TAC last summer with Hertz, Enterprise, Alamo. All three told me they did not allow for one way rentals to downtown. Just make sure you are getting what you think you are getting so there are no surprises.

I just called Enterprise and he said we could rent at Seatac and return to his downtown location and then hop on the shuttle to Pier 91. For our family of 5 it's actually cheaper to rent a car than it is to hire a car service just for the one trip. I think this way we can see a bit more of Seattle, as well.

Edited by AlohaPride

I just called Enterprise and he said we could rent at Seatac and return to his downtown location and then hop on the shuttle to Pier 91. For our family of 5 it's actually cheaper to rent a car than it is to hire a car service just for the one trip. I think this way we can see a bit more of Seattle, as well.

We rented a car to go to Mt Rainer. Awesome day.

Good to hear. How many days are you staying prior to the cruise? I am so glad we had some extra time, there is so much to do.

We rented a car to go to Mt Rainer. Awesome day.

I'm thinking that's what we're going to do too!! My friend also told me about a kid's museum we want to check out.

Good to hear. How many days are you staying prior to the cruise? I am so glad we had some extra time, there is so much to do.

We will be there 2 days before and 2 days after :D I've never been to Seattle and am really looking forward to it!

aloha - I just read your post and we are attempting the same thing. We prefer Enterprise. Would you mind sharing a name and phone number of who you talked to at Enterprise? Was it just the 800 number?

We are also renting at SeaTac, visiting family in Tacoma, hitting Mt. Rainier on Sunday then to Seattle on Monday.

I was trying to confirm the Enterprise shuttle from the downtown location to Carnival at Pier 91 but I could not find same.

Thanks for any help you can give. Hope you have a great trip!

Here’s couple of things I’d do with kids in Seattle area

http://thechildrensmuseum.org/

http://www.museumofflight.org/ awesome place, we’ve spent most of the day there

http://www.nps.gov/mora/index.htm A trip to Mt. Rainier would be on the top of my list. Be warned it’ll be a long day.

Thank you!! All three of those places were on our list! Plus we heard about a really cool fountain outside of the Children's Museum that the kids can play in during the summer?

How many are there in your group? How much luggage? What day of the week and time of day are you arriving?

We visit the Seattle area at least once a year. We have found that frequently the price difference between renting a car downtown offsets the price of a Seattle hotel! There is a light rail at the airport that will take you to the downtown area. It's not well designed for luggage, but it's definitely affordable. It's an easy walk to a number of downtown hotels from the light rail station.

I'd at least look at that and price it out. You might be able to do two nights downtown, rent a car for your day trip, and get a cab to the pier for a similar cost of renting the car at SEATAC; in my experience SEATAC may be the worst airport, price wise, for rental cars!

How many are there in your group? How much luggage? What day of the week and time of day are you arriving?

We visit the Seattle area at least once a year. We have found that frequently the price difference between renting a car downtown offsets the price of a Seattle hotel! There is a light rail at the airport that will take you to the downtown area. It's not well designed for luggage, but it's definitely affordable. It's an easy walk to a number of downtown hotels from the light rail station.

I'd at least look at that and price it out. You might be able to do two nights downtown, rent a car for your day trip, and get a cab to the pier for a similar cost of renting the car at SEATAC; in my experience SEATAC may be the worst airport, price wise, for rental cars!

There are 2 adults 3 children, car seats, luggage, carry-ons, backpacks, etc. We found a hotel near the airport for $110 a night with airport shuttle. The rental car total was $70. Same on the return. We'll go back to the airport to get the car the next morning so we only have it 24 hours. We'll have it 36 hours on the return trip.

Edit to add: We really wanted to use public transportation. We loved it in Chicago and Boston. I think to get into the city we'll use it and leave the car at the hotel. We'll just use the car for Mt. Rainier and to get to Pier 91 I think.

Edited by AlohaPride

There are 2 adults 3 children, car seats, luggage, carry-ons, backpacks, etc. We found a hotel near the airport for $110 a night with airport shuttle. The rental car total was $70. Same on the return. We'll go back to the airport to get the car the next morning so we only have it 24 hours. We'll have it 36 hours on the return trip.

Edit to add: We really wanted to use public transportation. We loved it in Chicago and Boston. I think to get into the city we'll use it and leave the car at the hotel. We'll just use the car for Mt. Rainier and to get to Pier 91 I think.

Those are both really good deals, and more people than I'd want to drag onto the light rail with bags! We typically rent a car for the week, and have seen as much as a $300 difference between picking up at SEATAC and picking up downtown!