ext cord for cpap

aachasman

I would bring two with me---15' should be plenty, but it's good to have an extra, just in case.

I don't stay in suites, but do use a CPAP in inside cabins in a variety of configurations; they cover different distances. I ask my cabin steward to get an extension cord, and tape it along the wall, and under the closets, then up to the desk and outlet. That way there's nothing popping out that I can trip on.

You may need more length if you want to have the cord wend it's way around things on its way from the nightstand to the outlet.

Any idea how long of an extension cord is needed for a cpap? We are in a suite if that makes a difference. Thanks

My husband keeps a 12' extension cord in his CPAP case and it has always been long enough, even when the outlet was way past the foot of the bed. In that case we ran it under the bed so it would not be in the steward's way.

It may also depend on how long the cord is on your machine to begin with. I have had three different machines over the years and each one was different. I travel with a 9 ft. extension cord and seem to do O.K. When I get up in the morning I unplug it and wind the cord into the end table drawer so it's out of the way.

Does anyone know if there are electrical outlets near the head of the bed in a Neptune Suite on the Zaandam? I will bring a 12 foot extension but was curious if that will be adequate for my cpap. Hopefull someone who has sailed in this type of cabin will know. Thanks.

You can contact HAL ahead of time and they will have an extension cord and distilled water in your cabin before you arrive.

I sent an email to HAL. Got a response in 48 hours. They will have an extension cord in my cabin on Sunday. 1 gallon of distilled water will be $4.

We used to always ask for one (prior to sailing) and ever since the time that we waited for hours on the first night (we wanted to go to bed and it still wasn't there), we bring our own. We both sleep with CPAP so we bring a heavy-duty cord that both machines plug into under the bed and we just plug it in each night. First thing in the morning we unplug and store the cord under the bed so it us out of the way.

I've always gotten one from the cabin stewards.

Can also request one from front desk but the line is usually long and sometimes the cords are all gone.

Sometimes we don't see the cabin steward until the next day.

Much easier for us to just keep an extension cord in the CPAP case.

It has never been confiscated and no one has ever told us it is wrong kind.

• 2 weeks later...
I sent an email to HAL. Got a response in 48 hours. They will have an extension cord in my cabin on Sunday. 1 gallon of distilled water will be $4.

Just returned from our cruise last week on statendam. Our interior cabin only had one outlet. Yes just one. None in bathroom. I ordered a power strip in advance. Wasn't there when we checked in but the steward brought one later. It was long enough to reach under my bed to plug in my cpap. Nice thing the power strip allowed us to plug in three phone chargers.

Just returned from our cruise last week on statendam. Our interior cabin only had one outlet. Yes just one. None in bathroom.

There should have been one American (110) and one European (220) outlets at the desk.

Wasn't there an outlet by the ceiling :rolleyes:, at the end of the light fixture, in the bathroom?