HAL.com-Mariner Pricing in Green, Agent Doesn't See

syesmar

Hi,

A HAL representative is looking into this for me, but am curious if anyone else has experienced this:

When I log in to HollandAmerica.com, I see special mariner rates (the ones that say "this pricing is not available to the general public") for 2 specific sailings I have "favorited". When I called HAL this morning, the agent couldn't see the rate, only another 'flash rate' that was good, but the price was still hundreds of dollars more than what I'm seeing. She advised me to go ahead and hold it online, but when I tried, the rate bumped back up to what she saw. (I do know that some HAL sales are set to expire tonight; part of me thinks the price I'm seeing is the price that will be given tomorrow and the system isn't fully updated . . . but I have no way of confirming this).

I grabbed a screen shot and emailed it to the agent, so they're working on it, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this happen and if so, what might the problem be? Thoughts?

THANKS!

Edited by syesmar

Could it be that the special price is for "select sailings" and only some of the dates for that itinerary are eligible? I think I ran into that once. Try some other dates to see if it acts the same way for all.

Edited by catl331

HAL has the same problems with its computer system as every other computer system. Bugs. Sometimes you will see a cruise sold out but if you keep on going you find out there are still several cabins available. You made a smart move by using the print screen and mailing it to the HAL agent. That alone greatly improves your chances of a happy ending.

I have run into this before with HAL. The sale price was good for my account that had no stars (accidentally created by a TA) but not good for my three star account. Because the e-mail addresses were the same they honored the sale price on my three star after some grumbling on my part.

The price was indeed the one that went on sale at midnight, it was just displayed early for us. Still not a public rate, though. The reps see them today.

Krazy Kruizers, These are the rates in green. When you see the normal price and you're not logged in, there will be a note in green that says, "You may qualify for special pricing. Please login or register." They're not for every sailing, and I've been told they're connected to a person's Mariner account. There have been times where a better rate is visible for my husband's account and not mine, or vice-versa.