First FTTF!

pearose

Took 6 months of checking but finally got the last FTTF for our 8th cabin. Getting 8 was a project but 5 of the 8 have never had it and I got it as a sailing gift for them. We feel it's great money spent. 3rd time for us and we'll get it every time we can until Platinum.

Edited by rolaur

• 1 month later...

I was a non believer but bought one for our July out of FL. ( peer pressure). Wow, I'll never go without. You get your own number to call guest services so you don't have to wait. I needed guest services at least four times and never had to stand in that long line...thank goodness. Our room was ready, luggage delivered and on the ship when it was empty enjoying everything!! I know it's $50 but a small price to get to start the vacation early. If I didn't use guest services it may of been a toss up but it was awesome just getting on the ship so quick!! Yep,I will get next time for sure!

When we went on the dream last October we had it and it was well worth it. When we returned to Baltimore I went on carnivals website and booked the Pride for this September. The next day I went online and booked the FTTF with no problem. I am in a suite this time and still bought it for all the other things it lets you do. A suite only lets you get on early and off early. I will always get it. HAPPY SAILING!!!

I'm so upset, yet so happy too! We had scored our first FTTF for our Feb 9 sailing on the Triumph. Then, because of changes in the Triumph itinerary, they changed us over to the Magic (newer/bigger ship; 6 days instead of 5, with an extra port of Costa Maya for FREE). Great right?? I was ecstatic.

THEN I got another email the very next day saying that my FTTF excursion was canceled due to the date/ship change, and they refunded the money for both cabins. Ever since then, I have been checking multiple times every day, but so far they don't show any excursions at all, let alone any FTTF, for the new sail date of Feb 8 on the Magic. I just hope I get as lucky and catch them when/if they open any up for that date.

Sorry - I already posted this once but it's not showing up, at least not that I can see. But am I reading this correctly? It's $50/cabin or $50/pp? If it is per cabin, would be well worth the money I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it's $50 per CABIN so it's very well worth it IMHO.

Woohoo!!!!!! Checked today and sure enough the FTTF popped up on our sailing in February 2015. Grabbed one for each of our 2 cabins. First time for us on this! Can't wait!

Congrats!!! You'll love the perks!!

I just had to go Google FTTF to see what all the fuss was about. How new is this? My last CCL cruise was in January and this is the first I've ever heard of it. $50 seems like a lot for stuff they SHOULD give you anyway...and indeed do give to frequent cruisers (Platinum and Diamond).

Doesn't this dilute the perks that loyal cruisers earn if one can get into the short line for Diamond and Suite guests by paying the $50. (Actually, there is no excuse for the Guest Services line to be wrapped around the lobby. They know when it usually gets busy and should put on extra staff.)

It's another way to get more after sale revenue, like the drink packages and fee dining.

Frank I won't argue about whether the plats & diamonds should be getting more...I happen to agree. But understand that until they created the FTTF program plats and diamonds didn't have early access to their cabins- Carnival added that when they created FTTF so the loyal customers wouldn't feel cheated. Nothing about FTTF impacts plats and diamonds in any way, in fact they got more benefits when it was created.

Also, Carnival only sells a certain amount, based on the number of diamonds and platinums booked on a cruise...

Last week I booked a Jan 2015 cruise and immediately went to book FTTF but they weren't available. I am hoping they open some more up as it gets closer. I need it. I have some mobility issues and its hard to drag a carry-on around the ship. I sure hope I can grab one.

Woohoo!!!!!! Checked today and sure enough the FTTF popped up on our sailing in February 2015. Grabbed one for each of our 2 cabins. First time for us on this! Can't wait!

You just spent $50 unnecesarily.

I'm curious, how do you know how many are still left? I saw reference a few times to X number left out of so many.

I'd like to know also. When I went to purchase mine, there was no apparent indication on the shore excursion page of how many FTTFs had been sold or were available for purchase for my cruise. Am I missing something?

Edited by Ryndam2002

So is FTTF per person or per cabin? When I looked under the excursion tab it said per person but I see posters saying per cabin. There's some open for our sailing and I wanna hurry and snatch them up! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Terri0305

So is FTTF per person or per cabin? When I looked under the excursion tab it said per person but I see posters saying per cabin. There's some open for our sailing and I wanna hurry and snatch them up! LoL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The carnival website says per cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums