2 insides or family balcony

Zhane's mum

We are a family of 4 (45,43,15 & 11) booked into 2 inside cabins next to each other on the Epic. The closer it gets to the cruise I'm starting to worry about missing a balcony cabin.

We have had an inside cabin once before when myself and DH Had a sneaky cruise by ourselves, we quite liked the cabin but the weather was cold so we didn't miss the balcony.

So I'm looking for opinion on whether you think the better option would be to keep the 2 insides primarily for the space or to book 1 family balcony cabin for 4 of us, primarily for the balcony if the deck gets crowded.

I personally won't go back to 4 in a room when traveling with our kids and haven't since the first time we booked our first 2 room cruise when they were 12 and 15. I like the extra bathroom and privacy having the 2 rooms gives us. If budget is a concern we have done the 2 insides. We have also done 1 balcony with an inside across the hall and connecting balconies....but I will not go back to just 1 room when the 4 of us are traveling together.

Aaah 2 bathrooms I didn't think of that. We have just been looking at some photos from our first cruise when we shared 1 cabin and the memories of how small it can feel came flooding back. I guess I'm just worrying over nothing, we will stay where we are unless we are able to switch one inside to a balcony across the hall

Here's what night looks like with 4 in an Epic balcony. We had no issues with it with our kids that were 16 and 10 at the time (other son, 13, slept on the couch in grandparent's room), but I can see how some might not like it. Personally, I would miss having the natural light and balcony more than I'd miss having a second bathroom and more space. Also remember the balcony bathroom layout on the Epic is quite different. We found that we loved it with our 4 since it allowed someone to use the sink while another showered and another used the toilet. The second bathroom becomes less of a benefit on the Epic, IMO.

345-vi.jpg

If you can't do an inside and a balcony, then deal with the bathroom situation. It will work - you just have to be conscious of having 4 people and only 1 bathroom (we did 3 and 1 bathroom for over a month while we remodeled our house :rolleyes: ). I can't be without a balcony, but maybe you are different!

If you can't do an inside and a balcony, then deal with the bathroom situation. It will work - you just have to be conscious of having 4 people and only 1 bathroom (we did 3 and 1 bathroom for over a month while we remodeled our house :rolleyes: ). I can't be without a balcony, but maybe you are different!

I'm with you. I'd have trouble without natural light. I've done everything from an inside (RCI Sovereign) to a suite (RCI Vision) and OV's, balconies and mini's between. I neeeeeeeed light, and love having a place out of the room to sit and relax. Balcony is about my minimum now for anything longer than a couple of days

I think you love your teenagers more than I love mine...we've been cruising since they were 11 and 16. Never had them in the room with us. Never will. Everybody has a better time when they have their own space.

I think as the cruise gets closer I'm starting to worry whether not getting a balcony was the right decision. We've decided to stay with 2 insides for

Privacy

Space

2 bathrooms

It's within budget

Port intensive cruise

Take a chance it will probably ok

Budget (did I mention that already)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While having a balcony Is always nice, there is still plenty of opportunity to be in the great outdoors in the public areas. You can't find a second shower to use, however. I think you are wise to keep the 2 insides - especially if it is a port-intensive cruise and you will be busy through the days, touring, etc.

Here's what we did when the kids were younger - and I highly recommend it.

Book one balcony and one inside directly opposite in the passageway. You get your balcony, you get 2 bathrooms, kids can pop over to use balcony when everyone's in the cabins.

You just have to book one adult & one kid to each cabin (adult required in each). Then you use the cabins as you like (kids in the inside).

I'd choose 2 insides for the 2nd bathroom every time. Balcony's are nice, but I need my sanity & I wouldn't have it crammed into one room with one bathroom.

That's my thought as well. I couldn't deal with 4 people in one cabin with one bathroom. As an alternative, look into a 2-bedroom suite, or 1 balocny cabin and 1 inside.