Strange NCL souveniers?

I often buy souveniers when I'm travelling and I have some NCL-souveniers bought on the ships we have cruised on but I'm wondering if anyone has any odd or exclusive "shipsouveniers"?

I have some blue tiles from the pool in the Haven on the Epic. I think that's a much better souvenier than anything you can buy in the shop! (I asked if I could take them so I didn't just took them!)

I often buy souveniers when I'm travelling and I have some NCL-souveniers bought on the ships we have cruised on but I'm wondering if anyone has any odd or exclusive "shipsouveniers"?

I have some blue tiles from the pool in the Haven on the Epic. I think that's a much better souvenier than anything you can buy in the shop! (I asked if I could take them so I didn't just took them!)

Hopefully, you meant to say that you took a couple of the blue towels. ;)

I do know what you mean by odd or exclusive souveniers. On two occasions, I've been lucky enough to be given a ship's plaque...those are pretty unique.

On my repo cruise on the Dawn last November, we were able to purchase a map of the US and the Caribbean with the course of the cruise mapped out. It includes our name, our cabin number, the dates of the cruise and ports of call, the distance between each port and the speed the ship traveled and was signed by the captain. I have it hanging on my wall at work, surrounded by pictures from each port. It gets a lot of attention, I can tell you.

On my repo cruise on the Dawn last November, we were able to purchase a map of the US and the Caribbean with the course of the cruise mapped out. It includes our name, our cabin number, the dates of the cruise and ports of call, the distance between each port and the speed the ship traveled and was signed by the captain. I have it hanging on my wall at work, surrounded by pictures from each port. It gets a lot of attention, I can tell you.

Great memento!

That sounds very nice. Is this something unique to the Dawn? Was it advertised in the Freestyle Daily? I would love to have the option to purchase this on an upcoming cruise.

That sounds very nice. Is this something unique to the Dawn? Was it advertised in the Freestyle Daily? I would love to have the option to purchase this on an upcoming cruise.

They advertised this for sale on my recent cruise on the Spirit. It is mentioned in the Freestyle Daily. You inquire at Guest Services. I have no idea how much it costs though.

Edited by GreyingJay

They advertised this for sale on my recent cruise on the Spirit. It is mentioned in the Freestyle Daily. You inquire at Guest Services. I have no idea how much it costs though.

Thanks. Will keep a lookout for this on my next cruise.

We purchased one of these from our Panama Canal cruise on the Star.

It was mentioned in the newsletter and sold at the front desk. IIRC it was $9.95

Ours doesn't have our name and cabin number but has the rest, including captain's signature.

Edited by NMLady

We bought that map on one of our cruises on the Epic and that is hanging over our bed now. An excellent souvenier.

We had a suite last cruise and took our butler with us home as a souvenir. We did not make it past customs, they were pretty upset with us. We did return him though, grudgingly

Were too chicken to try, although our kids did raise quite an argument to the benefits of doing so. I think our butler, Maurice, from the Gem would have fit nicely in a suitcase!

Map of the Spirit 12 day Grand Med costs $8.95 (American)

That's quite reasonable! I should have bought one.

Instead I participated in the zoo of people who were throwing port T-shirts around in an attempt to buy 2 for $16.99 and get one free. :o