I-Concierge Question - kind of technical

I'm so excited to finally get to use this. I've been sailing older ships the last few years that weren't supporting iConcierge. It's been sitting downloaded on my phone for awhile, just waiting for me to use it.

Before your cruise, I would update the app a few days before your cruise. I've used the app for a couple of cruises and there have been a few updates in that time.

Functionality for the new Apps are being rolled out to "older" ships as their onboard servers & WiFi systems get upgraded, and you will noticed it onboard with overlapping coverage on Ch.1, 6 and 11 by numerous routers.

For Android devices with the installed App, go to "Settings" & then "Device" & clock under Apps, scroll down to find "Norweigian iConcierge" and on the upper left, "Show notifications" should be checked. I'm running ver 2.10 under Android 4.4.3 KitKat

The only "feature" that will work now for most is the "Cruise Countdown" function - you can ONLY register and activate it to see & use the other "free" functions when connected (onboard, usually) to ship's WiFi system ("NCL xxxxx") Just download it ahead of sailing/boarding so that it is among your list of Apps on the device.

For Android devices with the installed App, go to "Settings" & then "Device" & clock under Apps, scroll down to find "Norweigian iConcierge" and on the upper left, "Show notifications" should be checked. I'm running ver 2.10 under Android 4.4.3 KitKat.

Thanks so much mking8288! Your instructions were great, I figured it out.

Thanks so much!!!

Might sound like a stupid question but when using the app your airplane mode has to be on right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and no. Airplane mode is to turn off the radios. When you set airplane mode, the cellular radio and wifi are turned off.

This app needs wifi to work. So, if you had turned airplane mode on, then yo have to turn the wifi back on.

OR - if you do not do the airplane mode, your cellular and wifi are still on and the app will work fine.

Again, turning your phone to airplane mode turns off the cellular and wifi radios so as to interfere (supposedly) with airplane electronics.

I recently went to Europe and I put phone into airplane mode (to avoid roaming charges) and then turned wifi back on. I think that would work on the ship, too, right?

Yes. Anyone with an iPhone, if you swipe upwards at the bottom of your screen, then tap the little airplane picture and then tap the wifi signal beside it to turn that back on, you are all set. It takes all of 2 seconds.

Yes. Anyone with an iPhone, if you swipe upwards at the bottom of your screen, then tap the little airplane picture and then tap the wifi signal beside it to turn that back on, you are all set. It takes all of 2 seconds.

Thanks so much!