Port Lecturer on Royal Princess

barbaraq

Does anyone know who the Port lecturer is on the Royal Princess? We are taking this cruise again in August, loved it so much a few years ago, and we are hoping that it is still John Lawrence, learnt so much from him before and I am sure that quite alot has changed. The lady who was doing the live from briefly mentioned a girl on the transatlantic portion but didn't say who it was on the Baltic leg. Thanks to any one who knows.

Although retired, John Lawrence boarded our transatlantic on the emerald in Ponta Delgado and stayed with the ship in the Baltic. He had a captive audience.

When were the Laurence DVDs made? Are they still accurate?

John Lawrence has updated his DVD. I have one of the original ones and the one from two years ago was updated. The one available now has a copywrite date of 2014.

Edited by Mapu

John Lawrence has updated his DVD. I have one of the original ones and the one from two years ago was updated. The one available now has a copywrite date of 2014.

And well worth purchasing before the cruise.

JJohn's CD and port lectures on our 2009 cruise were invaluable. We confidently went on 'do it yourself' touring in almost every port (only exceptions were St. Petersburg and Gdansk) thanks to his info.

I just looked at his website and it has this note:

Unfortunately, after almost a quarter of a century of Baltic cruising,

Princess Cruises and I have been unable to agree conditions this year and therefore I will not be lecturing aboard the Royal Princess.

So, to all those heading to the Baltic,

I wish you a wonderful cruise in one of the World's great destinations!

What a shame! In our minds, he set the bar for port lecturers and Princess could certainly use more, not fewer, of his caliber.

Edited by capriccio

JJohn's CD and port lectures on our 2009 cruise were invaluable. We confidently went on 'do it yourself' touring in almost every port (only exceptions were St. Petersburg and Gdansk) thanks to his info.

Even if wanting to take Princess tours in every port, his DVD will let you decide which sights you want to see and thus help you to pick the best Princess tours for you.

We just came off the last cruise and the port lect was excellent in my opinion. I have seen John but felt she was more accurate and detailed in her info. Plus she did not tell you to buy her DVD to see how to do the ports on your own she included the info in her talks. I think she is on the entire Baltic season. She also gave lots of printed info and made it very simple to follow. The lectures I saw on TV were not live and I did not find fault with any of them. I just wish she had more live talks. If you want her info sheets let me know where I can email them to.

I just looked at his website and it has this note:

Unfortunately, after almost a quarter of a century of Baltic cruising,

Princess Cruises and I have been unable to agree conditions this year and therefore I will not be lecturing aboard the Royal Princess.

So, to all those heading to the Baltic,

I wish you a wonderful cruise in one of the World's great destinations!

What a shame! In our minds, he set the bar for port lecturers and Princess could certainly use more, not fewer, of his caliber.

What a shame!

We just came off the last cruise and the port lect was excellent in my opinion. I have seen John but felt she was more accurate and detailed in her info. Plus she did not tell you to buy her DVD to see how to do the ports on your own she included the info in her talks. I think she is on the entire Baltic season. She also gave lots of printed info and made it very simple to follow. The lectures I saw on TV were not live and I did not find fault with any of them. I just wish she had more live talks. If you want her info sheets let me know where I can email them to.

I would really appreciate the info sheets before our family cruise this summer. My email is

Sheilatorres at live dot ca

Thanks

It would be greatly appreciated if you could email them to me.

cdn_hockey_girl at hotmail dot com thanks

I would love to have her information sheets my email is bettyhbank @aol. Com

We are going to the Baltic in August.

Thanks

I would greatly appreciate if you could email me the information sheets. My email is djvkhill at alliancecom dot net

Thank you so much, appreciate you taking the time.

Diana

I would appreciate a copy the info sheets. My e-mail address is judyfrisk at rogers dot com

Thanks very much.

I would also appreciate the information sheets. My email address is:

janjohnson6771@gmail.com

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I will email them to everyone in the next day or so. Sorry for the delay. On a business trip and swamped

If you can't post these info sheets on this thread, I would appreciate a copy at this email without the spaces:

sstrauss214 @ yahoo dot com

Thanks very much.

• 1 month later...

If you still happen to have the info. sheets and wouldn't mind emailing them to me too, I would very much appreciate it! My email is hemikell@hotmail.com