Paradise or Fascination

Ironmen

Looking at June 2015, which boat do you think is better between the Paradise and Fascination? Going to Disney for two days before the cruise. Looking at a 5 day close by Orlando.

My vote for myself is the Fascination..............:)

I've cruised and enjoyed both. Based on your Disney days, I'd recommend Paradise due to location.

The itineraries are different. Paradise is usually Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Fascination is Bahamas. If you are looking at Fascination with Half Moon or Coco Cay included, then I would switch my answer to Fascination (LOVE the private islands!).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Paradise last week. I had a great time on the same 5 day itinerary. The staff is great and the ship is very clean. Overall the food was good in the buffet and the MDR. The shows are very good as well as the music entertainment around the ship. Grand Cayman is a nice port and so is Cozumel especially if you just want to walk around town on your own. Tampa is a good port and is convenient from Orlando. It was fun going under the Skyway Bridge.

I would do this exact itinerary again.:cool:

I would go Paradise over Fascination, but they are basically the same ship. The Western itinerary is way better than the Bahamas. We are taking a 3-day to Nassau soon and don't even plan on getting off the ship. While everyone else is looking for something to do in Nassau, the few remaining guests onboard are living it up!

You may want to wait for the updated schedule, the Liberty and Sunshine out of Port Canaveral also do 5 day trips and they have all the 2.0 upgrades. Sunshine shows one in June right now, Liberty is only posted to March.

We have been on the Sensation and Paradise and we liked both, but the Paradise had a better itinerary. Good luck!

I've cruised and enjoyed both. Based on your Disney days, I'd recommend Paradise due to location.

The itineraries are different. Paradise is usually Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Fascination is Bahamas. If you are looking at Fascination with Half Moon or Coco Cay included, then I would switch my answer to Fascination (LOVE the private islands!).

I agree with this. In my opinion, Cozumel and Grand Cayman are better stops than Nassau and FreePort but a private island might sway my opinion.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'd have mixed feelings as well, they both have pros and cons. If Fascination called at Half Moon Cay I would jump on it. HMC is my favorite private island by far. Fascination also has the updated staterooms. But Jax-Port is farther from Orlando (about 3 hours) versus about an hour to Tampa.

Paradise doesn't have many upgrades or remodeling done, so she is still in her 1999 configuration (with the exception of the Serenity area being added). But her stops are arguably better (Grand Cayman and Cozumel) and Tampa is much closer to Orlando.