Tell me about Enchantment

I'm on the RC website looking at a 4-night cruise on Enchantment for March 2015. It's one of the few that works with the dates for my daughter's college spring break (early March).

Hasn't this ship been recently updated?

There's also a 4-nighter on Majesty, Cococay and Key West. Like the ports better here, but she's been on Majesty twice with my parents (her first cruise!)

These are the two cruises that work best with her break. Looked at one on Allure, but 7 days is too long to get her back to school in time for classes to resume.

Enchantment had a revitalization dry dock a year or two ago. They added Park Cafe to the Solarium, pervasive WiFi, centrum aerial acts, and more staterooms. It was also stretched back in 2005 and has a huge pool deck and Boleros lounge as part of the stretch. We cruised on Enchantment this past March and found the crew excellent and the ship in good shape.

Yikes...just found a 5-nighter on Liberty that would work. Western...Labadee and Ocho Rios.

Enchantment, Majesty (Bahamas) or Liberty with those two western ports?

Liberty blows away the other two ships, plus a longer cruise. It would be no contest in my mind.

I am in the middle of doing an Enchantment review (it's on pause for a few days until I get my photos organized). I've been on both Enchantment and Majesty. I would prefer the Enchantment any day over Majesty. I live 45 minutes from Majesty and 2.5 hours from Enchantment and I made the longer drive because I much prefer the Enchantment when it comes down to the ship.

Yes, Liberty is great. We're going on her for a 3rd time this November!

Edited by smileyperry

Enchantment had a revitalization dry dock a year or two ago. They added Park Cafe to the Solarium, pervasive WiFi, centrum aerial acts, and more staterooms. It was also stretched back in 2005 and has a huge pool deck and Boleros lounge as part of the stretch. We cruised on Enchantment this past March and found the crew excellent and the ship in good shape.

Bob, You are probably tired of me directing questions toward you but I consider you a "Enchantment Subject Matter Expert" :cool:.........You were on Enchantment in March and that is when we are going (March 13th). When you went in March, what part of March did you go? Were there a lot of Spring Breakers in March?

Bob, You are probably tired of me directing questions toward you but I consider you a "Enchantment Subject Matter Expert" :cool:.........You were on Enchantment in March and that is when we are going (March 13th). When you went in March, what part of March did you go? Were there a lot of Spring Breakers in March?

We went in the last week of March, and I didn't notice any issues that would have been due to spring breakers. We did have some water bottles in a checked bag, and they did make us open the bag so they could examine the bottles, but ultimately they let us keep them. That's about the only thing that might have been due to it being the spring break period.

Now my older daughter and I are looking at either Enchantment, or a 4 night on Brilliance out of Tampa in January. Or maybe even Majesty. I told her she can pick, and I'll go along.

I'd really like to try Enchantment, but we've never sailed on a Radiance class ship, OR have we sailed out of Tampa.

Her choice though. :)

30192-profile.pngDennis & Sue Here From the Charleston, SC area.

We Cruised on the Enchantment this past March, 4 days starting the 10th.. Most of the Cruisers were young people on spring break. We had a great vacation.

The 3 and 4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral are our favorite getaways. A half days drive and we are there.

We've sailed the Sovereign 3 times, Monarch 11 times and Enchantment 4 times to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral since 2007... We've visited Nassau 26 times and CoCo Cay 19 times.

We really enjoy the Enchantment, for a seventeen year old ship that sails with up to 4,800 passengers each week, we think She's great...

I've got to mention the New Years Eve Cruise on Enchantment...

We did this cruise December 30, 2013, New Years Eve in CoCO Cay and New Years Day in Nassau...

The Enchantment knows how to Party on New Years Eve. Parties about the Ship for any taste, they had two combined bands in the Centrum doing Pop/Rock. They had a Latin band in Boleros, They had the Ship's Ochestra doing Big Band music in the Spotlight Lounge and a Pianist in the Schooner Bar. Every host/hostess started bringing out trays of complimentary Champaign about 11:45pm. There was a Buffet on the Pool Deck at 12:15am and if you were wondering what was happening in the Viking Crown Lounge, well, they started a Disco Party about 12:15AM (The First Party of 2014) that went, I'm Told, until 5AM... Reyno, the Concierge, had a party in his lounge too...

The Enchantment is just a FUN ship.

Dennis & Sue...

30192-profile.png

Sometimes we just spend the day aboard and enjoy some of the onboard activities.

A lot of times it will be a walk about town, visit some favorite shops, and have lunch at Sr. Frogs.

Both of us are retired so our schedule makes it easy to get some really good last minute deals on those 3/4 day cruises. Sometimes it costs less to cruise 4 days that stay at home for a week/weekend.

D&S

We've been on the Enchantment a couple of times, most recently last year, and I think its a fantastic ship for short cruises. I always say that I would pay significantly more for Enchantment than Majesty. It is a much nicer ship and has a more modern feel. I like having an updated ship for short cruises that has the DL, Park Café, balconies, etc.

I would actually prefer the Enchantment over Brilliance, too. I hate the tiny pool deck on Radiance class ships. Enchantment has a HUGE pool deck (thanks in part to her 2005 stretch), but also has the covered solarium (like Brilliance) in case of bad weather.

We just booked Enchantment for a short cruise in January 2015 and I'm looking forward to it!