Ultimate Balcony Dining Question

Ken_W

We were referring to the UBD (Ultimate Balcony Dinner) not the UBB. And like Caribill stated

you must have at least two for the UBD.

Mike:)

Is that true? If you wanted to pay $100 and have the UBD alone they wouldn't let you? I would be surprised if that is the case. I think if you were a solo cruiser and wanted the experience, they would do it for you. You would just have to pay the full cost, just like the single supplement for your cabin.

Is that true? If you wanted to pay $100 and have the UBD alone they wouldn't let you? I would be surprised if that is the case. I think if you were a solo cruiser and wanted the experience, they would do it for you. You would just have to pay the full cost, just like the single supplement for your cabin.

Its $50 PP, have not heard of a 2 person minimum.

I would think 1 could set it up. Maybe they would charge $100. :confused:

We will be on the Coral in three weeks, on an Alaskan cruise southbound from Whittier. We have a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck (last one port-side) so it is open. I really want to do the UBD, but am not sure. I know we can do it inside, but has anyone had success with having the dinner outside on an Alaskan cruise? I'd love to hear from you!

We did the UBD last week while sailing away from Skagway. We started around 6:30 and finished up around 9:30. It was so beautiful that it was actually breath taking. The dinner and service was excellent however far too much food. Try to save a little room for dessert. A memorable experience with an unbelievable back drop.

We are planning on doing the UBD for our cruise in Sept. Can it be ordered ahead of time or do we have to wait until we board? I did not see it on the order form for gift & services. After going through alot of posts, some say you can do it ahead & some say you have to wait. Has anybody done the UBD on the CB recently that could tell me if I can book in advance? I know they have to contact us one on board to set it up and get the menu, etc.

Thanks for any help!

You can "book" ahead of your sailing. If you have used a TA, you should ask them to call Princess to make a "reservation," otherwise you can book by calling Princess yourself. You can only book a dinner/breakfast, but you must wait until you board to reserve the day and time. If you make the reservation before you sail, you must pay at the time the reservation is made. If this is something you really want to do, I would make the reservation prior to sailing, as there are only a limited number of reservations each day.

You can "book" ahead of your sailing.

Thanks for that tip, luckysadie. Was just on the phone with Princcess and got my name on the list for an upcoming cruise! It sounds like a wonderful experience.

I purchased a UBD as a surprise for DH before our Ruby Princess cruise. It was billed to my credit card right away. We had a card in the cabin when we boarded telling us to book a day and time. We enjoyed it so much that we have gifted one to our son & DIL for our upcoming cruise. Our other son & DIL are on the same cruise but have an inside cabin. I am thinking of buying one for us and giving it to them to enjoy on our balcony while we babysit for them.

Sheila

• 4 months later...

We are on the Island in the Med next year. We are travelling with friends in an adjoining cabin on Caribe deck. We are newbies never been on Princess before. Is it possible to do have UD for the four of us on one balcony? I am worried about the space.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on the Island in the Med next year. We are travelling with friends in an adjoining cabin on Caribe deck. We are newbies never been on Princess before. Is it possible to do have UD for the four of us on one balcony? I am worried about the space.

The larger Caribe deck balcony we had on the Island could easily seat 4 people for an UBD. We've never done it but have read posts from passengers who said they had the UBD for 4 people.

The larger Caribe deck balcony we had on the Island could easily seat 4 people for an UBD. We've never done it but have read posts from passengers who said they had the UBD for 4 people.

Thank you Astro Flyer. Would be a nice way for us to share our wedding anniversaries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Astro Flyer. Would be a nice way for us to share our wedding anniversaries.

To me that's a great way to enjoy a wedding anniversary although for us sometimes all we're "celebrating" is having any balcony. ;) We even enjoyed our UBD in our standard balcony cabin when inclement weather forced us inside.

Honestly, I'd say yes, simply because you will be taking 33% of your meals on a balcony. Nothing to do with the quality of the meals, that's just a lot of food and you are not taking advantage of the great venues on board!

We are on a 3 day and I have booked both UBD & UBB as a surprise for my moms 75th birthday celebration. Is this too much for just 3 days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wishing I was on a ship right now. :-)

We did the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast at Tracy Arm on our last Alaskan Cruise and it was wonderful, along with about 20 other folks we could see and talked to from our Suite Balcony while the ship did a 360 degree turn and exited. This is one of those Bucket List items you want to do!

We had UBD with friends last year on their oversized stern-facing balcony. We are planning on doing it again on our Alaska Cruise on the Grand again next year, but we'll be in a standard veranda cabin. Wondering how "squeezed" the experience will be on a regular verandah. Also, on the Alaska itinerary (in July) may likely temperatures prove too cool for comfortable verandah dining?