Another ? about BOGOHO

Do you also receive the crown & anchor discount with this promotion?

I ask because I originally had a cruise booked in a GS for 3/08/15 and received second person half off and a CAS discount rate. That cruise was cancelled and then I booked a 9/27/15 cruise on the Freedom in a D1. I got the second person half off but no other discounts.

When I do a "mock" booking for 9/27/15 Freedom cruise, the price is the same whether or not I am logged in.

Do I need to call RCI?

I ask because I originally had a cruise booked in a GS for 3/08/15 and received second person half off and a CAS discount rate. That cruise was cancelled and then I booked a 9/27/15 cruise on the Freedom in a D1. I got the second person half off but no other discounts.

When I do a "mock" booking for 9/27/15 Freedom cruise, the price is the same whether or not I am logged in.

Do I need to call RCI?

Yes, I'd call Crown & Anchor. They have been having a shorter hold time lately.

I booked 2 cabins on Monday, FOS 9-20-15 and received a C&A discount on our room (not the other). Must not be all dates though because during planning and mock booking some dates had it and some didn't.

Do I need to call RCI?

Yes, I got my balcony discount when I signed in and reserved the Oasis.

It is not showing me any discounts when I try to book a "mock" cruise on any ship. I was looking at Quantum and it is just the regular price with no discounts when I look at the pricing summary.

Maybe I have visited RCI too often. I tried clearing my cookies and it remained the same. :confused:

That extra CAS has expired, as of a week or so ago. A friend wanted to change her booking from a single to a double and was told the BOGO was still on til May 31, but the CAS was gone (this is NOT the balcony discount). So she just left her reservation alone. So there was an additional CAS discount, but not now. At least that's what happened to my friend.

It is not showing me any discounts when I try to book a "mock" cruise on any ship. I was looking at Quantum and it is just the regular price with no discounts when I look at the pricing summary.

Maybe I have visited RCI too often. I tried clearing my cookies and it remained the same. :confused:

Quantum and Anthem are not included in the BOGOHO offer. I probably knew that, but didn't remember, so I called yesterday.

When booking, do you have to put in a code to receive the half off? When I do the mock booking, it shows the full price for 2 people.

Thank you!

No codes are needed. Should be automatic for cruises in 2015 and 2016.

I had to click on the link from RCI in the email they sent about the BOGOHO. Otherwise, the site wasn't showing the deal.

Interesting. I've been looking at several cruises I had saved as favorites/bookmarks before the sale, and they been automatically showing the sale price.

I had to click on the link from RCI in the email they sent about the BOGOHO. Otherwise, the site wasn't showing the deal.

Interesting. I've been looking at several cruises I had saved as favorites/bookmarks before the sale, and they been automatically showing the sale price.

I have never had to click on the link . I can get them just by searching. I search not signed in and then again when I am signed in to C and A since they have made it so easy to search their website:rolleyes: (NOT!!!)

I haven't booked a Royal cruise since 2012 (I know bad me!) and tossing up whether to book with this BOGOHO sale today or wait and see what tomorrow brings in pricing. For what ones i've looked at the pricing doesn't seem to be that great i.e. 1st & 2nd rates have been inflated to compensate for the discount.

Example - My inside Allure Dec 2010 was $749pp, Oasis 2012 was $809pp (we won't mention the Oasis 2009... needed a mortgage for that one!) and all the similar dates i'm looking at for 2014/2015 are in the same ballpark ($757-900).

We'll be booking a triple for this cruise and the 3rd is also pretty high in comparison to the 'reduced' 1st & 2nd passenger - a couple dates were even higher even though a ton of cabins available. Also we have old (2013 before the switch) next cruise certificates - if I book today will I be able to reprice if they change the rates back down to what they ~should~ be and not lose my OBC?

I haven't booked a Royal cruise since 2012 (I know bad me!) and tossing up whether to book with this BOGOHO sale today or wait and see what tomorrow brings in pricing. For what ones i've looked at the pricing doesn't seem to be that great i.e. 1st & 2nd rates have been inflated to compensate for the discount.

Example - My inside Allure Dec 2010 was $749pp, Oasis 2012 was $809pp (we won't mention the Oasis 2009... needed a mortgage for that one!) and all the similar dates i'm looking at for 2014/2015 are in the same ballpark ($757-900).

We'll be booking a triple for this cruise and the 3rd is also pretty high in comparison to the 'reduced' 1st & 2nd passenger - a couple dates were even higher even though a ton of cabins available. Also we have old (2013 before the switch) next cruise certificates - if I book today will I be able to reprice if they change the rates back down to what they ~should~ be and not lose my OBC?

Yes, if you book using your Next Cruise Certificate, you will be able to keep your OBC if you later ask for a price change and/or change ship/sail date. I'd book today, you've really got nothing to lose.

Edited by clarea