Exhausted reading negative comments

mamamzee

[quote name='NLH Arizona']Thank you very much Gladys for putting your perspective on the subject. people complain over small issues, like no chocolate on the pillow or the Elite breakfast set-up changing, when they really should look at how fortunate they are to be cruising. There are so many people in the world who can only dream about cruising, or taking a vacation for that matter, and someone has an issue with no chocolates on the pillow....I'm sure there are many in the world that could only dream of having a pillow, much less a chocolate on it. The older I get, the more amazed I am about people![/QUOTE]

Dittos!

[quote name='beverly_kaye']The name of this site is cruise CRITIC after all.

But what bothers me is when the critics become negative of someone who has had a different experience or opinion.

I hesitate to comment many times. And sometimes when I make a comment that seems to me very neutral, I feel completely beat up after a couple other posters weigh in on my comment.

I guess I haven't learned though - here I go again.[/QUOTE]

I feel pretty much the same. Any time that i comment, i get beaten down and/or deleted. SO i try not to write anything that voices an opinion. lol :p

This was in interesting read, I'm with many of the posters I try not to comment if I can't say anything nice. This is our second cruise on Celebrity, the first was in the Galapagos and this one will be Norway. This will be the biggest ship I have ever been on and I'm not sure I will love it(but I will try anything once) , hence we decided on AQ, so I could dine in Blue with the idea it is a smaller dinning room. I do however get a kick out the questions like can I get onion soup, eggs benedict, etc - these items aren't important to me, but they are to others. I was looking one day to see what type of hair products were included, because I have very long hair. One man wrote back and didn't understand the fuss about the products - my thought was - do you have hair!:rolleyes:! I will also eat any type of chocolate left in the room, but may not eat the apples and I will drink any water that is left near me! Otherwise I'm looking forward to the cruise very much except for that scratch dj thing, now if they do a pole dancing class, sign me up! :cool: Different strokes for different folks.

[quote name='miched']I wouldn't categorize them as complaints but rather observances or disappointments in the changes that Celebrity has been making. If someone has never cruised on Celebrity they wouldn't know. There are many faithful Celebrity passsengers and it is reflected by the amount of Elite or higher status in their Captains Club. These members are just commenting on many of the things that they have enjoyed and have kept them loyal to the brand but are gradually disappearing or eliminated completely and are not happy about it.

����������[/quote]

Hi Miched,

IMO, that's an excellent summation. Thanks for sharing your insights.

This was in interesting read, I'm with many of the posters I try not to comment if I can't say anything nice. This is our second cruise on Celebrity, the first was in the Galapagos and this one will be Norway. This will be the biggest ship I have ever been on and I'm not sure I will love it(but I will try anything once) , hence we decided on AQ, so I could dine in Blue with the idea it is a smaller dinning room. I do however get a kick out the questions like can I get onion soup, eggs benedict, etc - these items aren't important to me, but they are to others. I was looking one day to see what type of hair products were included, because I have very long hair. One man wrote back and didn't understand the fuss about the products - my thought was - do you have hair!:rolleyes:! I will also eat any type of chocolate left in the room, but may not eat the apples and I will drink any water that is left near me! Otherwise I'm looking forward to the cruise very much except for that scratch dj thing, now if they do a pole dancing class, sign me up! :cool: Different strokes for different folks.

Why don't they have a hairy chest contest? What's wrong with a hairy chest?

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

But what bothers me is when the critics become negative of someone who has had a different experience or opinion.

Yup!

Tell me about what you experienced, the good, the bad, and the ugly, please. But dont tell me that what I experienced did not really happen.

This was in interesting read, I'm with many of the posters I try not to comment if I can't say anything nice. .......
But if you really do that, then you are diminishing the value of your comments.

Please just give your honest opinion describing things truthfully as you see them, good, bad or indifferent, with no need for whitewashing.

Not everyone sees or experiences things the same way, so if someone else on the same cruise expresses a different point of view, that is fine and should in no way negate what you have to say.

Many of us read these forums to get different points of view, not to see only gushing, complimentary comments, or only negative, complaining comments.

If everyone on Cruise Critic would refuse to comment unless saying something nice, then these forums would be of very little value.

After all, if we only want to see positive comments about Celebrity (or any other cruise line), then we only need to read the cruise line's own advertising. :D

Yup!

Tell me about what you experienced, the good, the bad, and the ugly, please. But dont tell me that what I experienced did not really happen.

But if you really do that, then you are diminishing the value of your comments.

Please just give your honest opinion describing things truthfully as you see them, good, bad or indifferent, with no need for whitewashing.

Not everyone sees or experiences things the same way, so if someone else on the same cruise expresses a different point of view, that is fine and should in no way negate what you have to say.

Many of us read these forums to get different points of view, not to see only gushing, complimentary comments, or only negative, complaining comments.

If everyone on Cruise Critic would refuse to comment unless saying something nice, then these forums would be of very little value.

After all, if we only want to see positive comments about Celebrity (or any other cruise line), then we only need to read the cruise line's own advertising. :D

Perfectly stated.

Thank you both.