Hot Chocolate & Beverage Cards

SadieN

Is hot chocolate a part of the Ultimate Soda Package?

I know it's part of the Coffee Card.

TIA

On princess.com HC isn't showing up under either. I've read threads that it is and it isn't.

Maybe it is ship dependent like everything else? :)

Edited by SadieN

To my knowledge the UDP is for all individual drinks under $10 each. This includes any and all consumable liquids. So juice, coffee, Singapore slings and caramel macchiato latte espressos.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

M_Int_1-803x797.jpg

To my knowledge the UDP is for all individual drinks under $10 each. This includes any and all consumable liquids. So juice, coffee, Singapore slings and caramel macchiato latte espressos.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

M_Int_1-803x797.jpg

That may be true but OP, I believe is asking about the package often known as the Ultimate Kids Package, based on the reference to "Ultimate Soda" in the package. This package is the one that includes soda, juice and Mocktails (rather than Cocktails).

That may be true but OP, I believe is asking about the package often known as the Ultimate Kids Package, based on the reference to "Ultimate Soda" in the package. This package is the one that includes soda, juice and Mocktails (rather than Cocktails).

Yes, I'm asking about the Ultimate Soda Package.

Thanks to all who've answered.

Edited by SadieN

It's a bit confusing because of Princess changing the names of their packages. There's the "All-inclusive Bar Package," the "Unlimited Soda Package," and the "Unlimited Soda & More Package." The Unlimited Soda & More package used to be called the Ultimate Kids Package and then the Ultimate Soda & More Package. Now, none of them are called Ultimate.

To answer the OP's question, hot chocolate is available only with the Coffee card or the All-Inclusive package. It's not included with the Unlimited Soda & More (formerly Ultimate Kids) package. http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Probably got the name 'Ultimate' off an old thread.

Does it include Hot Chocolate?

FWIW the Coffee Card doesn't specifically say it's for HC either

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/casual_dining/

Won't make or break a cruise. DD has an opportunity to go to Alaska with friends and likes the HC machines on Carnival.

Didn't see any packages in the Horizon court our cruise on the Golden or Sapphire.

Edited by SadieN

Pam,

According to the Gifts brochure...

Unlimited Soda & More Package:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 – $8.05 per person/per day*

Pam,

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Thanks. I didn't used to include it. :)

Pam,

Thank you! Now she doesn't have to schlep some onboard with her.

FWIW the Coffee Card doesn't specifically say it's for HC either

True, but it has been honored for hot chocolate for us on every ship except the small R ships. (Have not been on the Royal or Regal yet to find out.)

Can you buy the cards for just certain days, or do you have to buy it for each day you are on the cruise? I am thinking we will not use it to its full potential on days we are on excursions.

Have to purchase for the entire cruise.

You cannot wait a few days and purchase it either.

Can you buy the cards for just certain days, or do you have to buy it for each day you are on the cruise? I am thinking we will not use it to its full potential on days we are on excursions.

You must purchase it for the full length of your cruise so you need to weigh if it will be cost effective for you. We used to purchase the Unlimited Soda and More package for our kids, but our son rarely used it for much other than soda which you could get with a regular soda card. And our daughter used it more as a tween, but now she has become more of a tea and coffee drinker and doesn't drink soda at all so we get her the coffee card which still covers the hot chocolate she enjoys. And DS gets a regular soda card and both just order an occasional mocktail or milkshake if they like. My take is that if you aren't ordering at least a couple of the extra specialty drinks it covers per day, it really isn't worth the added cost.