Princess Transfers and Arriving Early

cruiserdru

We have Princess transfers from Anchorage Airport to the Captain Cook Hotel that would normally be on 9 June, the first night we would stay at the Captain Cook. However, we will be arriving on 8 June (and that flight info is in our Personalizer) and staying at another hotel that night.

Do we need to let Princess know that we will be using the transfer on the day after what is shown on our air information on the Personalizer? Or are we just on a master list and it doesn't matter when we show up for the transfer?

Anyone have experience with this? Would I be wasting my time trying to get this across to someone on the other end of the phone line at Princess? :confused:

If I'm reading correctly, you're staying in "Hotel B" the night before your cruise-booked "Hotel A"? You'll be going from "Hotel B" back to the airport for a Princess Transfer from there to "Hotel A"?

If that's right, there's no reason to report "Hotel B" to Princess. You'll be treated as if you flew in the same day of your reservation at "Hotel A".

We've done this many times, and as long as you're at the airport for your Princess Transfer they don't care where you were before :)!

Have a wonderful cruise!

My advice is to cancel the transfers. You'd have to go back to the airport to pick them up on the correct day. The airport itself is about 4 miles from the Captain Cook...

We have Princess transfers from Anchorage Airport to the Captain Cook Hotel that would normally be on 9 June, the first night we would stay at the Captain Cook. However, we will be arriving on 8 June (and that flight info is in our Personalizer) and staying at another hotel that night.

Do we need to let Princess know that we will be using the transfer on the day after what is shown on our air information on the Personalizer? Or are we just on a master list and it doesn't matter when we show up for the transfer?

Anyone have experience with this? Would I be wasting my time trying to get this across to someone on the other end of the phone line at Princess? :confused:

A question: Did you book the Captain Cook as a Princess pre-cruise hotel? If so, transfers are included in the cost of the hotel. However, if you book an extra day at the hotel independently, you lose all of your transfers.

If you booked the Princess transfer to the hotel and booked the hotel independently, chances are you can arrive and look for the Princess rep. I would let Princess know the time and date you're arriving and double-check that.

The transfer to Captain Cook hotel is a small shuttle bus that runs every 15 minutes. Last year we had a cruise tour where we flew into anchorage 3 days early, got a rental car and drove down to Homer. When we came back I dropped my wife and our luggage at the Captain Cook, went back to the airport to drop off the rental car and caught the shuttle to the hotel.

We had not booked transfers, I think the shuttle was $10 if you do not have a prepaid transfer.

I am reading that he has booked a night at the Captain Cook before the cruise, but is arriving a day earlier and staying at another hotel. Anchorage is not that big...if you could cancel the transfer you could probably walk or take a taxi to the Captain Cook. EM

Our cruisetour starts with a night at the Captain Cook on Tuesday, 9 June.

Ever the worrier (especially coming from the East Coast), we are flying in the day before and staying the night of Monday, 8 June at an "airport" hotel with a free shuttle to/from the airport that runs 24 hours a day.

It is our plan to take the "airport" hotel shuttle back to the airport (it's not even a mile) on Tuesday and catch the Princess shuttle to the Captain Cook.

My concern was the Personalizer showing us arriving one day and our showing up to take the transfer on a different day and would Princess need to be notified of this.

I have a feeling that Princess just has one big list of people with transfers and doesn't worry about when they show up.