Dropping bags off in Vancouver at the port

[quote name='CGYCruisingFamily']Does anyone know what time you can start to drop bags off for a HAL cruise? And do you have to check in right away?[/QUOTE]

They don't start to take luggage until approx. 10:30 am. Edited by Alberta Quilter

Vancouver has two different cruise terminals so it may make a difference. I've sailed out of Canada Place, the downtown one, and the bag drop off was in the parking garage down below. We just drove up and the porters took our bags. We could come back for check-in upstairs any time later.

This website may give you info on which terminal you will be using and possibly info on luggage drops: [url]http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx[/url]

It is Canada Place the ship is sailing out of for sure. Its just a matter of some logistics as there has been an offer to park at a friends house on the North Shore (then take the Sea Bus over) - free versus paying for the week. It would be easier to drop the luggage then run over to drop the vehicle off and then come back to board.

We were just there two weeks ago and 10:30 to 11:00 is about right. As for checking in, I think later (after 1PM) is better than 11:00AM, as the passengers for all the ships leaving that day must go through the same security and US Border so that is really what takes the longest time. Once through that line, check-in for your ship is easy.

I think 10 am should work. First, Pan Pacific hotel picks up the bags from your room starting at 9 am and takes them to the ship for you. Second, we were in the security line at 10 am and others were already there, so I assume they must have checked their bags by then (they did not have them with them).

DaveOKC