Just off Summit June 1st

CruisingChick

Just got home as well. Was on the Summit last year for the 05/26 Bermuda and 10/05 Maine/Canada cruise. Thought the food was exceptional last year. Did not like this year's changes to the Elite breakfast nor the Oceanview buffet. In both cases, too much wasted food. One of the reasons given for the little baskets in Oceanview was to speed up the lines; still had doddlers contemplating their selections. The 'tree' trays in Elite Normandie breakfast was not well received. The trays are prepared in advance. Not many passengers took advantage of the breakfast. Service was very slow; only two wait staff. I felt the food was just not up to par this sailing. Even our evening in the Normandie restaurant wasn't exceptional, just OK.

Ship is getting a bit too worn; lots of rust, raw wood railings, etc. (general areas were fine). Several passengers showed me photos of poor conditions in their cabins. Wondering if the Summit will soon be gone.

The Sin City show from Las Vegas was lame. Not what I think of as Vegas enterainment. However, I did thoroughly enjoy the comedian/juggler, Cabral. My whole party was rolling in laughter.

Just my thoughts. Does anyone know what hit us/us hit them yesterday early evening? A very loud caboom and the ship immediately slowed to half speed. Was up in Reflections for the Elite drinks time. Rather disconcerting.

I hope they nix the Elite breakfast tier offerings. We never have any pastries other than the almond croissants, so that would be a lot of wasted food for us. Why are they fixing what isn't broken? The buffet food has always been a wonderful start to our day along with the cappuccinos.

The triple tiered server is very nice. Also, if you want more of anything, just ask. The service was very good. On the May 11th cruise, nobody brought anything in from the buffet. The elite breakfast was much nicer than anything on the buffet.

Just got home as well. Was on the Summit last year for the 05/26 Bermuda and 10/05 Maine/Canada cruise. Thought the food was exceptional last year. Did not like this year's changes to the Elite breakfast nor the Oceanview buffet. In both cases, too much wasted food. One of the reasons given for the little baskets in Oceanview was to speed up the lines; still had doddlers contemplating their selections. The 'tree' trays in Elite Normandie breakfast was not well received. The trays are prepared in advance. Not many passengers took advantage of the breakfast. Service was very slow; only two wait staff. I felt the food was just not up to par this sailing. Even our evening in the Normandie restaurant wasn't exceptional, just OK.

Ship is getting a bit too worn; lots of rust, raw wood railings, etc. (general areas were fine). Several passengers showed me photos of poor conditions in their cabins. Wondering if the Summit will soon be gone.

The Sin City show from Las Vegas was lame. Not what I think of as Vegas enterainment. However, I did thoroughly enjoy the comedian/juggler, Cabral. My whole party was rolling in laughter.

Just my thoughts. Does anyone know what hit us/us hit them yesterday early evening? A very loud caboom and the ship immediately slowed to half speed. Was up in Reflections for the Elite drinks time. Rather disconcerting.

Is this the reason they haven't left port yet (today)?

Edited by 20pluscruises

Is this the reason they haven't left port yet (today)?

Maybe they failed Coast Guard inspection? Don't know if we hit something yesterday or not but seas were 18+ feet yesterday and the ship was really rocking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

you can get a pre mixed bowl of scrambled eggs, with bacon and sasuage,, OR u can go to the omlett station for your choice, OR at the omlett station stay to the left if you want just sasuage, bacon ham corn beef hash,, Egg bennidict, (just ask for extra sauce they have it right there) What takes time is getting your toast/bagel or english muffin toasted. Room service was pretty good, And Lisa got off the ship today, saw her leaving with two large suitcases and hugging and kissing other crew members good bye in the parking lot just off the ship. And IF u hit it right you can get Fresh burgers and wonderful hot french fries.. and hot dogs with sourkraut. those baskets are a great idea for those things (they look like little deep fryer baskets) Carving station is great, they start it at breakfast and again at lunch. The smell of garlic at 12am from the pasta station can be a bit over whelming but good! Pizza is pretty darn good too.