Post dry dock Freedom Review: Better late than never

Great review and photos!! We have been on the Freedom many, many times and are going back on her in Sept. Really looking forward to the changes. Hope they do not go to the new dining venue in the dining rooms. We like the original menus!! :) John & Priscilla

Freedom will have the new menus by Sept.

yes please cite your source. heard it would be june, then heard it was not happening in june, now this is the first time I hear it will be September. Personally, I look forward to trying the new menu, but I will be ok with the old one too. Just that it would be nice to know what will be.

Thanks for the great review and pics! My Freedom cruise is in October! Can't wait!

Is the Red Frog Pub EVER going to get bar-food service, or is it just a delayed roll-out?

Freedom will have the new menus by Sept.

I hope that's delayed a bit more!

Edited by Pellaz

I really enjoyed your review and the pictures you take are beautiful! I remember your Valor review from last year and really enjoyed that one as well. :)

Thanks pghsteelerfan, glad you enjoyed both reviews! :)

Thanks for the great review and pics!

Is the Red Frog Pub EVER going to get bar-food service, or is it just a delayed roll-out?

Pellaz,

I'm not sure about the food in the pub. I had read on another thread that some ships do not have food in the Red Frog because they do not have kitchen facilities nearby. I also hope it is just a delay because I really like the type of food they serve in there.

Thank you for the review. I was hoping that someone would do a post drydock review. Your photos of the sunrise and sunset were beautiful

Thanks wrigley80. I usually use a different camera, but just used my phone this time and was very pleased with the results.

Planning to purchase a waterproof case for peace of mind for next trip though...

Great review and even better pictures!!!!! I will be on the Freedom in September! Can't wait.

Thanks for the review and pics! I still have a long way before I sail her but I'm excited even more now!

Thanks guys, and also everyone else who commented and followed along.

Watch "Carnival Freedom 2.0 | Part 1" on YouTube - Carnival Freedom 2.0 | Part 1:

Think this is the video.

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

Watch "Carnival Freedom 2.0 | Part 1" on YouTube - Carnival Freedom 2.0 | Part 1:

Think this is the video.

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

Yep, that's it

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

[quote=cra-z-2cruise;"We were up early the next day for self assist disembarkation.

I have to say this was the absolute easiest disembark we have ever had.

Essentially no line at all to get off the ship and only a small one for customs.

We stayed on extra day in Fort Lauderdale and were at our hotel before 8:00."

Thanks for your great review, it's so helpful and so much fun to read! What time did you actually get off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale? The airline cancelled our afternoon flight and put us on an 11:55am flight. We had already bought FTTF and transfers to the airport but the Carnival rep said we shouldn't count on getting off the ship in time to use their transfer to the airport for a noon flight even though it's within their time parameters. We've cruised out of Ft Lauderdale before and have driven to the airport many times but this is our first time on Freedom. I assume getting off with self assist and FTTF will get us off in plenty of time to get a cab but I was hoping to hear from someone like you who has done it recently. Thanks so much for all you great information. Lots of us are benefiting from your generosity.

I'm not positive of what time we actually walked off the ship, but it was around 7:30. If the ship arrives back as scheduled and you do either self assist or FTTF you should not have any problem making your flight! :)

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

I'm not positive of what time we actually walked off the ship, but it was around 7:30. If the ship arrives back as scheduled and you do either self assist or FTTF you should not have any problem making your flight! :)

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

Thank you so much! You've saved us an extra night in a hotel and DH a vacation day by not having to rebook to the next day to get decent connections! I can't thank you enough for your prompt, experienced answer!

Thank you so much! You've saved us an extra night in a hotel and DH a vacation day by not having to rebook to the next day to get decent connections! I can't thank you enough for your prompt, experienced answer!

No problem! Glad I could help :)

However, there are worse things than an extra 24 hours on the beach in FLL.

If I had to be stuck somewhere waiting on a flight, that would be a great choice! LOL :)

IMG_5332-L.jpg

[quote name=cra-z-2cruise;"We were up early the next day for self assist disembarkation.

I have to say this was the absolute easiest disembark we have ever had.

Essentially no line at all to get off the ship and only a small one for customs.

We stayed on extra day in Fort Lauderdale and were at our hotel before 8:00."

Thanks for your great review' date=' it's so helpful and so much fun to read! What time did you actually get off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale? The airline cancelled our afternoon flight and put us on an 11:55am flight. We had already bought FTTF and transfers to the airport but the Carnival rep said we shouldn't count on getting off the ship in time to use their transfer to the airport for a noon flight even though it's within their time parameters. We've cruised out of Ft Lauderdale before and have driven to the airport many times but this is our first time on Freedom. I assume getting off with self assist and FTTF will get us off in plenty of time to get a cab but I was hoping to hear from someone like you who has done it recently. Thanks so much for all you great information. Lots of us are benefiting from your generosity.[/quote]

We've used self assist and gotten off around 8 AM twice now and made our flights, one was 10:45 and the other was a little later. It's only a 10 minute cab ride to the airport. For 4 of us it was around $15 total + tip.

We've used self assist and gotten off around 8 AM twice now and made our flights, one was 10:45 and the other was a little later. It's only a 10 minute cab ride to the airport. For 4 of us it was around $15 total + tip.

That's just great, Fred! It really helps to know you've accomplished that an hour earlier than we need to. Like cra-z-2cruise we enjoy Fort Lauderdale and even used to have a time share there. We are trying to keep enough leave days for DH to take the Fridays off after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. After retiring from the military he contracts with the Defense Dept and has had his job cut three times in the past two years by Congress refusing to ratify a budget. That puts him back to low leave levels every time. We're very grateful he's back to work and are hoping he can have relaxing winter holiday weekends AND this cruise over Labor Day. All this info will help me facilitate those schedules! Don't you just love Cruise Critic boards for the terrific people you meet!

That's just great, Fred! It really helps to know you've accomplished that an hour earlier than we need to. Like cra-z-2cruise we enjoy Fort Lauderdale and even used to have a time share there. We are trying to keep enough leave days for DH to take the Fridays off after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. After retiring from the military he contracts with the Defense Dept and has had his job cut three times in the past two years by Congress refusing to ratify a budget. That puts him back to low leave levels every time. We're very grateful he's back to work and are hoping he can have relaxing winter holiday weekends AND this cruise over Labor Day. All this info will help me facilitate those schedules! Don't you just love Cruise Critic boards for the terrific people you meet!

Welcome, also TSA security can back up there, it's a small airport and a lot of cruise passengers so once there I would go thru security and wait on the concourse/gate. Enjoy your cruise and have a great time.