First time Crown Loft Suite Oasis of the Seas

Hi there! My family just bought tickets for a 7 day crown loft suite on the Oasis of the Seas. This is going to be our first time in a suite and I was just wondering what I could expect on my journey? I've heard lots of great stories about extra services and being invited to special events and also this Concierges lounge? If anyone has any info please let me know!

Hi there! My family just bought tickets for a 7 day crown loft suite on the Oasis of the Seas. This is going to be our first time in a suite and I was just wondering what I could expect on my journey? I've heard lots of great stories about extra services and being invited to special events and also this Concierges lounge? If anyone has any info please let me know!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here are the suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

You will be spoiled for all your future cruises! We did a CL last year. Fantastic! You will get priority everything (boarding, seating at shows, etc) plus a private sun deck with a bar. The Crown Loft is in the Viking Crown. The hallway is only accessible by card key. The cabin is fantastic. Two full baths (shower only). The upstairs bath has a shower with 3 shower heads. It's huge. There is no dining table, but there is a table that pulls out and can be set up for 4 for dining (I think there are only 2 chairs though). The Balcony is fantastic. It doesn't have a table, but has 2 loungers and a small drink table. But it's huge with great views.

DO NOT MISS THE CONCIERGE LOUNGE! The Concierge Lounge has 2 story floor to ceiling windows. It serves a nice breakfast in the morning that has some limited eggs etc. on it. We ate there every day. It's very nice. Same with lunch. A limited but very nice menu with free beer and wine during the lunch hour. If desired, you can just go in and have a beer or wine during the lunch hours without eating. And the happy hour is great. If you are going to a show during the happy hour, go and get a drink and let them know. They won't mind you taking it with you.

The Suite offers full room service menu. So if you want Eggs Benedict, order them up and have them in your cabin. No limit on what you order, no charge. So get whatever you want and as much as you want.

There is separate seating at most shows for suite members, but we found generally that they aren't where we like to sit. But available if you don't want to get there early.

The Concierge will help you get dining reservations, shore excursions, show tickets, etc. Use him, that's what he's there for.

If you go to Labadee, there is a separate beach for Suite members. It's very nice. No crowd, lot's of shade or sun, an upgraded buffet. You will also be offered a golf cart ride to or from the pier to the "gold card" beach.

So, as you can see, we loved it. It is the best in my opinion of all the suites and the best perks of any RCI ship. Enjoy it. You'll love every minute!

Edited by papaflamingo

Congratulations and welcome to cruise critic. The Crown Loft suites are awesome. We were upgraded two weeks ago and had the time of our lives. I always thought I would rather have an Owners suite since the crown lofts seemed so far away, but they aren't at all. You feel like you are on top of the world.

Make sure to have breakfast in the Concierge lounge and if you ask nicely they will get you bloody Mary's and mimosas. Don't miss the suites only deck on 17. It is across the pool deck above the solarium. There is only stairs access and there is a sign saying gold cards only. There is a bar up there open at 11am. They furnish towels, fruit, chips and cold towels. It is wild to sit up there going thru a rainstorm. After 7pm it becomes the cigar bar so if that bothers you use it during the day. You don't have to reserve shows except for the comedy show since the venue is so small. I don't know whether you are going eastern or western but don't miss the invite to the sailaway on the very front of the ship. On western it is Labadee and eastern I can't remember. You are going to love it!

And, there is a suites only waiting area to board the ship so get there nice and early. You will be one of the first on board. We were a bit excited and got there at 930. Have a great time.

Edited by NeuroQueen

I've been searching for a thread like this, so sorry in advance for posting my own question...if we wanted to book a cabana on the suite-only beach at Labadee, how does that work? I know cabanas on the other beaches sell out well in advance. How does it work booking one through the concierge? Doesn't the concierge contact you only a few weeks before the cruise? Hoping NeuroQueen or papaflamingo can help with the concierge timing question, I'm a first-time suite-cruiser as well.

Wow thanks so much for the info guys! I was considering pre-booking the shows because I've heard that they may be booked up but due to the fact that I'm in a suite will that mean that I don't need to pre-book any shows? During out excursions I will pre-book the activities but what about on deck shows? Also any recommendations about choosing a specific room? Ive heard about how the views from CL2 are inferior to CL1 because you are just looked out at the ship and the basketball court but in CL1 you have an oceanside view

Edited by kenwalter12

First to finest regarding the timing of reserving a cabana at Labadee. The first time we went on the Oasis we had a junior suite so we were not eligible for many perks and none at Labadee. You must have a gold card to enter Barefoot beach. I went to guest services and was on a waiting list but no go and this was before the cabanas were able to be purchased ahead of time on Nellies beach. Well, the second time in a grand suite I was bound and determined to get an over the water cabana. I emailed the concierge at OA_Concierge_02@rccl.com about three months out. I actually got a reply, which does not always happen that early, telling me to send another Email one month out. To assure my crazy self that we would get a cabana I also reserved on on Nellies that I knew I could cancel. It all worked out and we got the cabana of our choice and it was awesome. It was W3 if your wondering. This time I actually received an Email from the concierge on 4/28/14 for sailing on 5/17/14. We were doing Eastern so I was not a crazy person, trying to get a cabana. Hope this helps.

To answer Kenwaiter. We were lucky enough to have the sky loft suite 1720 which gives you two views, one of the ocean and one overlooking the mini golf and flow rider. Look at the deck plans to see what I mean. The Royal loft suite and the Sky loft suite each have the ends. It wasn't a great view of the flow rider. I would definitely go for the ocean view if I were you. If it isn't a great deal more, that sky loft was absolutely the greatest balcony I've ever seen. I wish I knew how to post pictures. To try and answer your question about the shows. We did not need to make reservations for the Headliner show, Hairspray, Come Fly With Me, ice show or diving show. Just walk in and sit where you like. The main showroom reserved seats are not good at all so go a bit early ,25-30 minutes is usually ok. Upon arrival to the Concierge lounge on embarkation day I had the concierge make us reservations for the comedy show. If I were you and my scheduling is tight, meaning your trying to do it all I would make reservations for the comedy show as soon as the shows open up online. I'm not sure what other shows you mean but I'll be glad to help any way I can. It took me three times on the ship before I saw most of it and the entertainment.

Oasis and Allure are definitely cruises that need to be planned in advance, which I hate to do ,but by being in a suite you can definitely not plan too much ahead of time with regards to the shows since you know you can get in without a reservations. This is why I think suites, if it's in the budget, are the way to go on the big girls. We did do specialty restaurants two or three nights and all of these reservations were made by the concierge once onboard.

Edited by NeuroQueen

I'm a crazy planner as well and have already reserved an over the water cabana on Nellie's just in case (yes 15 months out, who knew you could do that?). Can't wait to sail in the Crown Loft Suite. As to kenwalter12's question I went with cat L1 because of the view. I've actually toured both the L1 and L2's on the Allure and the ocean view beat the "sports deck" view, in my opinion.

Wow thanks so much for the info guys! I was considering pre-booking the shows because I've heard that they may be booked up but due to the fact that I'm in a suite will that mean that I don't need to pre-book any shows? During out excursions I will pre-book the activities but what about on deck shows? Also any recommendations about choosing a specific room? Ive heard about how the views from CL2 are inferior to CL1 because you are just looked out at the ship and the basketball court but in CL1 you have an oceanside view

First, pre-book the shows. I really thought that the regular seating was better than the suite seating. Plus if they are pre-booked you will get in no problem. If you want to go at a different time you certainly can.

We were in CL1 cabin 1750. It was center starboard side. I have heard that if you are all the way forward you can get some noise from the pool deck. I didn't want a CL2 as I'd rather look out on the ocean. But people seem to love them. So, your choice.

Finest 14 you are very welcome. It was one of our best cruises and I know it was that room. Lord, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The girl who called us from RCI the day before probably has a perforated eardrum from all of my screaming.

• 1 year later...

Planning a cruise and was interested in the Crown Loft Suite on the Oasis, and can save a bit if I go guaranteed....which means I would get a rear facing cabin that looks over the sports deck and not the water. Has anyone cruised on one of these cabins and is the noise a problem? What about the views?

I'm torn between putting my family in this or splitting us up and getting a Grand Suite + a smaller cabin.

I did a CL in september and loved it. Here are some of the reasons

1. deck 17 is so quiet, no kids running by knocking on the door or anything.

2. Love that it is so close to CL lounge

3. The coastal kitchen is in my opinion the best resteraunt on the ship.

When you are on deck 17, it's like being in your own little world.

but for me It was the proximity and access to the CL and coastal kitchen that makes it so perfect.

I am booked again on the oasis in December. I currently have a royal family suite .... I booked the suite with my friends specifically so we could enjoy the cl and the coastal kitchen... However, I am a bit regretting not having 2 crown loft suites as opposed to the 2 bedroom royal family. To be honest,, my experience was so good on deck 17 that I keep checking for different availability and pricing to see if it makes sense.

you will love it... BUT.... be patient as the elevators can be a bit of a challenge.

I had an ocean facing. The rear facing will be noisier but also more entertaining watching games on the sports court. As the above poster stated you really won't wNt to leve the 17th floor. Also. The sun deck is just as nice. I booked in September and have 2 more booked.

Did you have an ocean view or the rear facing view? I need to know if the rear facing view is a problem.

Thanks.

I was on the starboard side ocean facing. but

I always book that side because I like to see the port ( and most of the time oasis class ships are starboard to port)

Many people like the rear facing, but I am a water person..... but truth be told. It's about the room and the deck for me.. so if there was a significant enough savings for the rear facing I would probably consider it.

I had an ocean facing. The rear facing will be noisier but also more entertaining watching games on the sports court. As the above poster stated you really won't wNt to leve the 17th floor. Also. The sun deck is just as nice. I booked in September and have 2 more booked.

What about if you're on the 18th floor?

Did you have an ocean view or the rear facing view? I need to know if the rear facing view is a problem.

Thanks.

We stayed in an L2 - almost center aft facing Crown Loft on Oasis. It is the most amazing suite, you will love it. Long story how we got there, but we typically would choose an ocean-facing balcony over just about anything. However, having been assigned to this room, we couldn't have been happier. We enjoyed seeing the activity on the boardwalk, the aqua theater and the wave runners... it was fun to watch the divers practice from our balcony and the lights on the boardwalk at night. There is some noise during the day when you are on your balcony in an L2 (which you DON'T hear if you are inside the room with the door closed), but in addition to all of the activity, the ocean view aft of the ship was amazing in the mornings and for quiet time at night.

Go with your gut on which room you think you would enjoy more - an L1 or an L2, but I really don't think that you will be at all disappointed with either.

We sailed in March and I had an OS on 10 and my brother had a CLS ocean facing. I have heard you do get some noise from the sports court and it might be a bother if your sitting out. Once you are inside and the door is closed there isn't an issue.

We loved the OS for a number of reasons, but being just steps away from the CK and SL on 17 would be heaven. We did have a little bit of a walk to get to the CK and SL, but it didn't keep us from going there. What it did keep us from doing is getting something and taking it back to the cabin.

If it were me, I would go with the CLS even if it faced the sports court.

I've stayed in both L1 and L2. I prefer the L2 aft facing view. I like to people watch vs looking at water. However, due to the lack of ocean views on the Oasis Class the L1 might be a better choice if you want to see the ocean during the day.

As others have mentioned, during the day you can hear noise from the sports deck if you are on the balcony. If you are inside you do not hear any noise.

In regards to the noise from the sports deck/flow ride, it's probably different each sailing. If these venues are being under utilized during your sailing then there would not be much noise.

Suites guests have access to the suite lounge not a concierge lounge.

We had an L2 in September and LOVED it. We enjoyed watching the flowrider. The view of the Aqua Theater was great. We didn't have any trouble with noise.

We loved it enough we booked another cruise with an L2 while on board.

Coastal Kitchen has to be the most wonderful perk yet. We had all 7 breakfasts there, 2 lunches and 3 dinners. The French toast at breakfast was great. But they put cinnamon on the grits unless you know to ask them not to. That's just wrong! The chicken sandwich at lunch was very good. In fact, I didn't have anything I didn't enjoy.

Enjoy your cruise, I can't wait for mine.