Diamond Princess

Bocagirl1

We are booked on Diamond Princess sailing from Sydney 27 March 2015 to Singapore but this cruise does not seem to be selling well at all. There are so few cabins booked. Anyone any idea why this isn't selling? I can only hope they won't cancel it due to lack of interest, as we are really looking forward to it. I know it is a long way off but the reverse of this the Singapore to Sydney is a lot more popular and has been selling for ages. :confused:

We are booked on Diamond Princess sailing from Sydney 27 March 2015 to Singapore but this cruise does not seem to be selling well at all. There are so few cabins booked. Anyone any idea why this isn't selling? I can only hope they won't cancel it due to lack of interest, as we are really looking forward to it. I know it is a long way off but the reverse of this the Singapore to Sydney is a lot more popular and has been selling for ages. :confused:

Doubt this sailing will be cancelled as Princess requires the ship in Singapore on April 15 for the sailing from Singapore to Tokyo. Princess has made a commitment to sell the Japan/Asia market starting this year, and it is unlikely they will leave after only one trail season. Watch for price reductions if the sailing isn't selling.

Sydney to Singapore is somewhat like a transatlantic cruise. Almost every ship in Australia that needs to get to the Far East pretty much have to do this run. In short, supply exceeds demand, at least, at Princess' price point.