C&A Platinum vs. Carnival's Platinum...

We love being Carnival Platinum level, esp:

- Priority boarding

- Free 3 bags of laundry

- Priority water taxi

etc...

A few cruises back, Carnival automatic upgraded from Gold to Platinum, first day upon boarding, although we didn't really qualify until our 5th day on board.

We are now at 29 points w/ RCCL, 1 point away from Platinum. Booked 7 days on RCCL Liberty. RCCL won't upgrade us to Platinum until we book another cruise.

Looking at the chart on RCCL C&A site, not sure what's the real upgrades going from Gold to Platinum on RCCL, vs going gold to platinum on Carnival.

So are we somewhat OK in assuming that we're not missing out too much still being Gold on our next RCCL cruise?

Pls, constructive comments only, no flaming comments on how much better RCCL is compared to Carnival.... just the gap between Gold & Platinum...

Thanks,

The two main differences between Crown & Anchor Gold and Crown & Anchor Platinum are Priority Check-in and a Balcony & Suite Discount. There should also be a "Top Tier Event" for Platinum and higher by invitation only (delivered to stateroom), Robes for use in your stateroom, and a Signature Lapel Pin on your next cruise (1st one officially as Platinum). There are a couple more benefits that I haven't used, but are available.

For more information: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Crown & Anchor Society Benefits page.

We love being Carnival Platinum level, esp:

- Priority boarding

- Free 3 bags of laundry

- Priority water taxi

etc...

A few cruises back, Carnival automatic upgraded from Gold to Platinum, first day upon boarding, although we didn't really qualify until our 5th day on board.

We are now at 29 points w/ RCCL, 1 point away from Platinum. Booked 7 days on RCCL Liberty. RCCL won't upgrade us to Platinum until we book another cruise.

Looking at the chart on RCCL C&A site, not sure what's the real upgrades going from Gold to Platinum on RCCL, vs going gold to platinum on Carnival.

So are we somewhat OK in assuming that we're not missing out too much still being Gold on our next RCCL cruise?

Pls, constructive comments only, no flaming comments on how much better RCCL is compared to Carnival.... just the gap between Gold & Platinum...

Thanks,

keep in mind that both carnival and Royal caribbean have levels that are Platinum but they are not equal.

On Carnival you have to have 75 days sailed. on RCI it's only 30 so you won't get equal benefits for being platinum on RCI.

Royals equivalent is Diamond with 80 points.

Bill

I'm booked on my 1st RCCL cruise this fall. How are the C & A points determined? Is it by days cruised or number of cruises? I've read a few times about double points for booking a suite, does that include Jr. Suites? I gather that I can't become a C&A member until I complete my 1s cruise. I read the info On Rccl website but still not quite sure about these things.:confused:

keep in mind that both carnival and Royal caribbean have levels that are Platinum but they are not equal.

On Carnival you have to have 75 days sailed. on RCI it's only 30 so you won't get equal benefits for being platinum on RCI.

Royals equivalent is Diamond with 80 points.

That was my thought from the momemt I read the title of this thread. Just because it has the same title doesn't mean they are the same level. Carnival's Platinum is a higher level.

I'm booked on my 1st RCCL cruise this fall. How are the C & A points determined? Is it by days cruised or number of cruises? I've read a few times about double points for booking a suite, does that include Jr. Suites? I gather that I can't become a C&A member until I complete my 1s cruise. I read the info On Rccl website but still not quite sure about these things.:confused:

The points are determined by nights sailed. I you took a 7 night cruise you would receive 7 points. If you sailed in a JS or higher you receive 14 points (Double)

You can sign up for C&A on your first cruise. Just visit the loyaly embassador onboard. On your second cruise you will be Gold with the points from your first cruise credited to you.

The points are determined by nights sailed. I you took a 7 night cruise you would receive 7 points. If you sailed in a JS or higher you receive 14 points (Double)

You can sign up for C&A on your first cruise. Just visit the loyaly embassador onboard. On your second cruise you will be Gold with the points from your first cruise credited to you.

Thanks for the info!:D

Carnival always started their upgrade in status earlier than most lines. The old system you were Platinum as soon as you started your 10th cruise, rather than after you completed it. Likewise with the new number of days system. you are moved the next category, even if it isn't until the last day of the cruise that you hit the magic number.

One of our favorite Carnival Platinum perks is that your cabin is ready upon boarding and your bags are delivered very quickly. Our last Carnival cruise we were fully unpacked by 12:15. It was really nice -- We wish Royal and Celebrity would add something like it. :)

RCCL won't upgrade us to Platinum until we book another cruise...

Semantics maybe, but you will not advance to Platinum C&A status until after your cruise is completed and you are back home - it usually takes a few weeks for the credit to appear on your account. You will be Platinum with RCI two cruises from now. :)