Bringing wine onboard

sjde

I read on one of these boards that the wine you bring onboard doesn't have to be consumed in your stateroom-that you can bring a glass anywhere on the ship, including the dining room, with the exception of bars. Is this correct?

All bottles of wine brought on board are subject to the corkage fee of $15 per 750ml bottle.

If you plan on bringing wine on board, be prepared to pay the corkage.

Once on board, you can bring your wine where ever you like.

Related BYOW question: If I take my own wine to a restaurant, and we do not finish it that evening, will they store the wine and retrieve it for us the following evening as they do with wine purchased onboard?

Yes, provided it has the corkage paid sticker on.

Related BYOW question: If I take my own wine to a restaurant, and we do not finish it that evening, will they store the wine and retrieve it for us the following evening as they do with wine purchased onboard?

Yes they will.

OR - you can fill up the glass and take it with you

OR - take the bottle with you

OR - turn around and offer me the rest

some cruise lines let you bring one bottle wine per adult passenger, I gues ncl doesnt

Nope.

And some limit you to 1 or 2 bottles.

And some allow none.

And some do not allow any except on the original boarding.

And some...

Well, different rules on different lines.

some cruise lines let you bring one bottle wine per adult passenger, I gues ncl doesnt

Nope, NCL allows you to bring on all the wine you want. Just pay the corkage and bring on cases if you wish. Just carry them on, don't put them in checked bags or you'll be making a trip to the "naughty room", paying the corkage and then dragging your own luggage to your room.

Can you pay the corkage in cash as you are getting on board?

Not that I have ever seen. I've never seen them have a cash drawer as such. They just create a hand-written receipt with your name/cabin info on it and it shows up on your account a day or two later (usually as a bar or restaurant fee). You could immediately go on the ship and pay them $15 per bottle by having the money placed on your account. The effect would be as if you paid cash for it.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Yes they will.

OR - you can fill up the glass and take it with you

OR - take the bottle with you

OR - turn around and offer me the rest

Was that you on the Pearl I gave my half a bottle of wine to?

Instead of "Corkage fee" they should call it "wine carry on fee". You can bring on as many bottles as you want, just pay $15 for each 750ml bottle. At the end of the cruise you can ask to be refunded for any un-opened bottles. The only wine I bring on is one bottle of a very good port that I like to drink a glass of at dinner time.

Was that you on the Pearl I gave my half a bottle of wine to?

Instead of "Corkage fee" they should call it "wine carry on fee". You can bring on as many bottles as you want, just pay $15 for each 750ml bottle. At the end of the cruise you can ask to be refunded for any un-opened bottles. The only wine I bring on is one bottle of a very good port that I like to drink a glass of at dinner time.

port... what if you are sitting starboard?