Boarding times

Ok so the other thread has me thinking... We weren't planning on getting to the pier until 1pm. RC online check in says get there 3-4 hours before the ship leaves. We are cruising Alaska on the 20th out of Seattle.

Is 1pm going to be too late? Should we get to the pier earlier? Is says the ship leaves at 4pm.

We never board before 1pm as the cabins aren't available until then. We don't want to haul carry ons around the ship.

OP that arrive early end up complaining about waiting in line to board then not having access to their cabins.

The crew must clean the staterooms. So give them a chance.

:confused:But is 1pm going to be too late to board or should we get there earlier

You must be checked in at least 90 minutes before the ship's scheduled departure time.

Edited by clarea

:confused:But is 1pm going to be too late to board or should we get there earlier

It is not too late. If you want to get there earlier, it won't hurt, but you should be perfectly fine at 1pm.

D

We never board before 1pm as the cabins aren't available until then. We don't want to haul carry ons around the ship.

OP that arrive early end up complaining about waiting in line to board then not having access to their cabins.

The crew must clean the staterooms. So give them a chance.

Excellent. I'd like to have my room ready when I gt on the ship so I don't have to haul stuff around with me. I'd like to have it where I get on the ship by 1:30-2 and be able to go right to my room then figure out a sandwich and a drink. (the most important things on vacation :D)

Excellent. I'd like to have my room ready when I gt on the ship so I don't have to haul stuff around with me. I'd like to have it where I get on the ship by 1:30-2 and be able to go right to my room then figure out a sandwich and a drink. (the most important things on vacation :D)

That's really good logic. We too like to board on the "late" side around 1:30 - 2 pm for the same reason as you and thus far it's worked out great. No lines to deal with checking in and very little time to wait for our cabin once we board.

RCI has your recommended boarding time in your cruise documents. (insert joke here) We have always tried to get to the pier by 11:00 and onboard by 11:30. Your mileage may vary in Seattle, but I doubt you will have a problem.

Last cruise from Seward we checked our baggage with RCI at the train station in Anchorage @ 6:00AM. The train departed at 6:45AM and arrived in Seward at 11:05AM. Our recommended boarding time was 2:30PM! There was an RCI shuttle bus at the train station but it was refusing to move until 12:30PM. All hogwash! We, and about 20 others, walked ten minutes to the terminal spent 5 minutes checking in and was on the ship by 11:30AM.:)

There are others that have occasionally had problems with 11:00AM, not us fortunately.

Enjoy your cruise.

We sailed out of Seattle on the Rhapsody last June. We arrived to the port at 11:30 and there was no wait. We were on board in 10 minutes. Easy peasy. The WJ on the other hand was packed and really hot and humid in there!

Living AZ, we always fly to our ports. We arrive between 10-11. We have to wait no matter what. I would rather wait at the pier or on the shop rather than at the hotel. It's really your preference. 1 pm is fine. You will not miss anything, except maybe the crowd at WJ.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did Rhapsody a few weeks ago. Showed up early, about 10:00. Long story why, but bottom line, big mistake. Once they opened checkin at 10:30 it was only messed up through security, then quick and easy. But security was pretty messed up because they had a "suite" line but it simply reconnected to the other line creating a logjam and some heated tempers. Also Solstice boards at the same place, but different side of terminal. So if you see a line, make sure it isn't Solstice. Their line was very long for a while. From what I saw watching from the balcony, if you show at 1:00 you'll likely be able to walk straight on board. Really a good idea. But, again, if you see a line, don't just get in it. It's probably Solstice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk