What is a White Night Party

TERRIER1

It is (weather permitting) an on deck buffet, and an excellent one at that! But you can certainly dine elsewhere and join the party later. We did that a couple of times (because the posted menu for MDR looked wonderful and also because we wanted a quiet, more leisurely dinner) but we went on deck for the dessert...crepes suzette made to order. Best of both worlds!

Here you go! We've experienced two White Night parties, one inside and one out. The one out under the stars was more fun (deck parties are a blast) but I'm glad our most recent one was moved inside to the Cabaret Lounge because the weather was just a little bit nippy. That was a good call and there was still plenty of dancing going on. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1942643&highlight=azamara+white+night+party

This week in Lisbon ours was outside, beautiful setting docked by the town and yes they do not stint on the liquor in the gorgeous crepe suzettes so you could skip an MDR dessert and mix and match your dining venue. However, it was unfortunate a cold wind got up in Lisbon we froze so retired to get some inner warmth in the Discoveries Bar - our track record is therefore not great

1 fantastic evening

2 cancelled and moved indoors before the start

1 flooded out halfway through

1 frozen out

I'm hoping for a better result in July!

I do not think of them as canceled if moved inside.. rain at the last minute cancels them. cold- i would go in side unless already dancing. been to one it was cold but i dance to the point i was very warm. as soon as it was over i needed a sweater

Edited by ellbon

We always eat elsewhere and then go to the party and enjoy the dancing. The outdoor parties have been fantastic. We had one moved indoors because of weather and the room was so crowded and so noisy we left.

Edited by tgg

errr - no-one has said what it actually is, only where it is and it has deserts and dancing - that it? :)

Go back and read the second post. The White Night Party is an on-deck buffet (decks 9 and 10), people wear white, there's dancing to live music, people have lots of fun, participation is very high. If you need to know more, search this board for White Night Party.:)

Go back and read the second post. The White Night Party is an on-deck buffet (decks 9 and 10), people wear white, there's dancing to live music, people have lots of fun, participation is very high. If you need to know more, search this board for White Night Party.:)

Dont want to be picky here but post 2 said only it was a buffet and party. I thought this thread was asking what it was - didnt realise I had to do a search for an answer when a question was being asked, thought the answers would be here. I wont bother asking why everyone wears white - will go straight to search function as suggested. Thanks for help :p

Dont want to be picky here but post 2 said only it was a buffet and party. I thought this thread was asking what it was - didnt realise I had to do a search for an answer when a question was being asked, thought the answers would be here. I wont bother asking why everyone wears white - will go straight to search function as suggested. Thanks for help :p

I already searched for you if you look at my post. As to why everyone wears white? Power of suggestion I suppose, seeing that it's called a "White Night Party" in the listing in Pursuits. The more complete description under the Today's Entertainment Highlights on our last cruise on the Journey said "Join your Cruise Director, Eric, along with the Journey Entertainment Team. Wear something White. The Dance Party begins at 10:00 pm Cabaret Lounge Deck 5" Should you be lucky enough to sail on Azamara, I hope you go to the party! It's loads of fun (but still better when it can be held outdoors by the pool :D).

I already searched for you if you look at my post. As to why everyone wears white? Power of suggestion I suppose, seeing that it's called a "White Night Party" in the listing in Pursuits. The more complete description under the Today's Entertainment Highlights on our last cruise on the Journey said "Join your Cruise Director, Eric, along with the Journey Entertainment Team. Wear something White. The Dance Party begins at 10:00 pm Cabaret Lounge Deck 5" Should you be lucky enough to sail on Azamara, I hope you go to the party! It's loads of fun (but still better when it can be held outdoors by the pool :D).

Didnt look your link :) That explains it - BBQ and white ? oh dear, I fear I will be in trouble :D

we've been fortunate in that all our white night parties have been outdoors...sometimes there is entertainment (local dancers) brought on board to start the party off in style. on our first Azamara cruise (the one that really made us Azamara fans...Athens to Venice) the chef had gone ashore and brought a bunch of fresh fish back and was cooking it all up at the buffet. Sooo good. The pool deck is decorated, the wine (and now other drinks) flows, the band plays and Russ (the CD) dances with everyone! Probably not the same atmosphere if it's brought indoors, but we had a Super Bowl party in Cabaret on our last cruise and it was tons of fun.

from about 6 to 9 pm there is an outdoor buffet wih enough food to over eat. about 8:30 the crepes are being made one by one by the HD and the F&B manager. about 6 pm or 630 there has been live piano music. .sometimes a live fold show from he local town.

about 830 starts hte ships band wih singers from guest entermaint to the Cd to ohers. this ends around 10 pm. then hte Dj play music and peopel still dance. at 11 pm everything is moved to the Looking Glass.

all of the above to me is a party. about half the people wear white but not everyone does.

Thank you for asking the question Terrior1. I had been wondering too. Although we have sailed on Azamara twice in the past, they were back in 2008 and 2009, and there was never a White Night Party. Now I know - sounds like great fun.

:)Lynne

Here's a video I found to show what a white night is like. The one on our last cruise seemed to be hopping a little more...Eric was our CD. :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v...

YouTube

Hmmmm....sorry, link is not working. :confused: :confused: Do a search for youtube white night party of Azamara...I saw a few videos there.

Edited by midwestchick

We've had several white nights, hosted respectively by Russ and Eric. On each occasion, it has been one of the highlights of our trip. The band plays great; the singers sing great and, if you join in the dancing, it's great fun.

And one of our best white nights was with Tony - just shows different folks different strokes. All three Cruise Directors are excellent professionals and their talents come alive in so many different ways