trying to find empty cabins for last minute booking

glorialagos

I am leaving Sunday on the Breakaway. I want to see the available cabins to see about a possible move. I know there is a site that I saw on here but I am unable to locate it now. Can anyone point me to a site that will show the available cabins? I have tried to find a way to book a new cruise but I just get a phone number to call.

thanks

I do not think there are any sites that show ALL the cabins. Most any big name sites or ncl.com will show you a handful of open cabins. On ncl.com I think you can put a specific cabin number to see if that is available.

I am leaving Sunday on the Breakaway. I want to see the available cabins to see about a possible move. I know there is a site that I saw on here but I am unable to locate it now. Can anyone point me to a site that will show the available cabins? I have tried to find a way to book a new cruise but I just get a phone number to call.

thanks

I may be a bit confused but if so, it wouldn't be the first time. Wouldn't you have to call NCL to change your cabin this close to sailing? If so, why not just call them and ask what they have available?

I may be a bit confused but if so, it wouldn't be the first time. Wouldn't you have to call NCL to change your cabin this close to sailing? If so, why not just call them and ask what they have available?

Already did that and didn't like the answer I got! :)

I have seen people on my roll call who are booking last minute for a super low price. NCL was going to charge me another $660 to change an inside on deck 5 to an inside on deck 8. We already paid way too much for the deck 5 inside. So, I am just curious to find something on my own and can call again once I am more informed. I am sure it is impossible but doesn't hurt to try.

thanks

I have seen people on my roll call who are booking last minute for a super low price. NCL was going to charge me another $660 to change an inside on deck 5 to an inside on deck 8. We already paid way too much for the deck 5 inside. So, I am just curious to find something on my own and can call again once I am more informed. I am sure it is impossible but doesn't hurt to try.

thanks

It looks like for the 6/8 sailing of the BA, currently it is only showing IX inside guarantee cabins

Cruise Critic does not allow us to post travel agent information nor price drop websites.

Doing mock bookings for Breakaway June 8, I see the following non-guarantee cabins available. The NCL price is below. The Oceanviews and Balcony cabin prices are very good and you should be able to upgrade into them for a modest difference in price. I'd call NCL again and get a different customer rep and better answer ;)

Inside cabins

There are many Category I1 and I2 Family Inside cabins available. They show as sold out on NCL.com.

Ocean view cabins

There are many OB ($529/pp) and OA ($599/pp) cabins available.

Balcony

There are B2 Family Balconies available ($699/pp)

Edited by kylenyc

thanks

if you are already booked you will not be able to do anything to reduce the price you are paying and if NCL isn't offering you an upgrade, you will have to live with it. Of course it never hurts to try, but if you were happy with the price you booked originally why do you say you paid too much? good luck, keep us posted, but don't hold your breath.

Edited by newmexicoNita

thanks

Ah, different answer to different question. Original question was cabins, not pricing.

Moving from 5 to 8 would probably be a different category. Different ballgame.

Yes, they often offer last minute pricing to fill the remaining cabins. If you had not booked already, you could get the lower pricing. They offer this pricing for last minute bookings, not last minute changes.

if you are already booked you will not be able to do anything to reduce the price you are paying and if NCL isn't offering you an upgrade, you will have to live with it. Of course it never hurts to try, but if you were happy with the price you booked originally why do you say you paid too much? good luck, keep us posted, but don't hold your breath.

It's a very long story. We are NOT happy with the price but were stuck with it. We had to cancel due to a medical diagnosis and were offered only a percentage that had to be used within a certain amount of time (yes, we had insurance but they denied full reimbursement). Anyway, we have two cabins booked, one a balcony on deck 8 and another inside. We just want the inside closer to the balcony.

We know we will have an AWESOME cruise. We are very excited to go. This is a tiny bump. But, for convenience sake, we would love to at least be on the same deck with our daughter and friend.

It's a very long story. We are NOT happy with the price but were stuck with it. We had to cancel due to a medical diagnosis and were offered only a percentage that had to be used within a certain amount of time (yes, we had insurance but they denied full reimbursement). Anyway, we have two cabins booked, one a balcony on deck 8 and another inside. We just want the inside closer to the balcony.

We know we will have an AWESOME cruise. We are very excited to go. This is a tiny bump. But, for convenience sake, we would love to at least be on the same deck with our daughter and friend.

I see no cabins available on Deck 8 in any category on my TA's website. The I2 family cabins are suddenly gone now too. I'm guessing NCL is in the process of calling people for upsells and assigning guarantee cabins.

Either you like the offer from NCL or not. There isn't much to choose from this late in the game. Your Deck 8 cabin offer might be even gone by the time you call back.

Edited by kylenyc

WOW!!

I am still in shock at the outcome.

I called NCL and the entire call with lots and lots of time on hold was TWO HOURS - totally worth it.

We originally had an inside on deck 5 and a balcony on deck 8. I called to try to get the two closer together (traveling with 20 and 21 year olds). They moved us both to balcony cabins on deck 12, one room apart, for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!!!

I am still in shock. NCL has made a very loyal cruiser with this move. An inside deck 5 moved to a balcony deck 12 for no charge? Amazing. Love you NCL!!!

Thanks for the replies. So glad I decided to make that phone call.

WOW!!

I called NCL and the entire call with lots and lots of time on hold was TWO HOURS - totally worth it.

We originally had an inside on deck 5 and a balcony on deck 8. I called to try to get the two closer together (traveling with 20 and 21 year olds). They moved us both to balcony cabins on deck 12, one room apart, for NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE!!!

I am still in shock. NCL has made a very loyal cruiser with this move. An inside deck 5 moved to a balcony deck 12 for no charge? Amazing. Love you NCL!!!

Congrats :) :) Bon voyage.

WOW!!

I am so happy it worked out for you!!

WOW!!

Sometimes you just get the right person who realizes that a happy cruiser is a potential return cruiser! Have a Mai Tai for me!!:D