Bermuda vs. Bahamas

NYC to either Bermuda or Bahamas on the Breakaway...which one would you rather do and why. We took our first cruise last December on the Breakaway to Bahamas and loved the itinerary but we do enjoy trying something new! Also am looking to find out if Hennessey White is available to purchase in Bermuda or on the ship on the Bermuda route...I did a search but didn't see anything so if that answer already exists I apologize!!:o

Bermuda, hands down. It's a different kind of cruise, since you're in port for 3 days straight, but the island is beautiful.

You also don't have to deal with folks hocking their goods on the beach or feeling unsafe (as I do at times in Nassau)

Bermuda, Bermuda, Bermuda. ;) Bus & Ferry system easy to navigate. Lots to see besides gorgeous beaches (crystal caves, Hamilton, St. Georges, golf, did I say golf?, lots of water sports, boat rentals for a reasonable price, Gibbs Lighthouse, and don't forget to have a rum swizzle at the Swizzle Inn). People are SUPER nice! Bermuda is VERY clean. Think twice about renting a scooter.................NCL discourages it, remember you would be riding on what we call the wrong side of the road. Very dangerous.

Go for it and have fun !:D

Bermuda. No doubt. It's a beautiful place with beautiful beaches and the people are wonderful.

Transportation is easy and riding the ferries are an inexpensive "excursion".

Will be going back in a month!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Bermuda -- Has my vote -- just wish it was on a smaller ship -- used to be able to doc in St.George four days -- on the Ncl Majesty from Boston -- also sailed on Celebrity from New York docked in Hamilton - miss those trips --

We love Bermuda so much -- our son was married there on Nine Beaches -- yes we cruised there -- from NY on Dawn --

We are going back in August --

Bermuda... No sure when you were planning to go, but take note that during Bermuda's winter season (November - March) it is often too cool to go swimming or partake in water activities. So, plan accordingly depending on what you like to do :)

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app

Bermuda... No sure when you were planning to go, but take note that during Bermuda's winter season (November - March) it is often too cool to go swimming or partake in water activities. So, plan accordingly depending on what you like to do :)

Scratch that...it looks like the Breakaway doesn't sail there during the winter months so the temperature shouldn't be an issue! I would still try to not go in April and May as sometimes it can still be a little chilly :)

Sent from my Samsung Victory using Forums mobile app