? Complete 2014 Princess Wine List?

Can someone point me in the direction to find a Complete Listing of Wines available on Princess for 2015 & 2015? I have heard that they no longer carry one of my wife's favorite, Chateau St Michele Riesling. :confused:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Largin posted this one but it is definitely missing a couple of the champagnes:

Premium sparking

Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante (Asti, IT) $27

Korbel Brut (CA) $27

Korbel Brut Rose (CA) $28

Villa Sandl Prosecco (Veneto, IT) $32

Domaine Chandon Brut Cuvee (Napa Valley, CA) $38

Mirabelle Brut Rose (North Coast, CA) $48

Dessert wine

Errazuriz Sauvignon Blanc (Valle de Casablanca, Chile) $21

WHITE WINE

Riesling

Bex (Nohe, Germany) $26

Hogue (Columbia Valley, WA) $24

Jekel (Monterrey, CA) $27

Sauvignon Blanc

Blackstone (CA) $25

Pouilly-Fume, Domaine Mollet-Maudry (Tracy-sur-loire, FR) $34

Sancerre, Roc de L’abbaya Domaine Molly-Maudry (FR) $44

Fetzer Fume Blanc (CA) $26

Nobilo Regional Collection (Marlborough, NZ) $32

Puerto Viejo (Maule Valley, Chile) $24

Silverado Miller Ranch (Napa Valley, CA) $45

Old & New World Whites

Anthilla Donnafugata (Sicilia, IT) $34

Coppo Gavi La Rocca (Monterotondo di Gavi, IT) $34

Ruffino Orvieto Classico (Umbria, IT) $26

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc Viagnier (Napa Valley, CA) $34

Hogue Gewurztraminer (Columbia Valley, WA) $25

Rex-Goliath Moscato (CA) $26

Chardonnay

Wheelhouse (CA) $27

Chablis, Les Ecurles Seugbeyrue de Tanley (Chablis, FR) $36

Chamisel Stainless (Central Coast, CA) $39

Clos du Bois (North Coast, CA) $32

Deakin Estate (Victoria, AUS) $28

Fetzer (CA) $26

Macon-Village, Leboure-roi (Burgundy, FR) $34

Poully Fuisse, Vallon D’or, Laboure-roi (FR) $38

Puerto Viejo (Moule Valley, Chile) $24

Robert Mondavi Private Select (CA) $29

Silverado (Carneros, CA) $45

Simi (Sonoma, CA) $42

Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi (CA) $25

Pinot Grigio

Danzante (La Venezie, IT) $32

Estancia (CA) $38

Adeisheim (Wilamette Valley, OR) $42

Blush/Rose

Les Fumees Blanches (Cotes de Gascogne, FR) $29

Woodbridge White Zinfandel (CA) $25

RED WINE

Gamay

Beaujolais-Villages, De Sureo Spirito (Beaujolais, FR) $24

Corvina

Zeni Amarone Dello Valpolicella Classico (Valpolicella, IT) $59

Zeni Valpolicella (Venezia, IT) $26

Pinot Noir

Estancia Pinnacles Ranches (Monterrey, CA) $32

Gevrey-Chambertin, Laboure-roi (Cote-de-Nuits, FR) $49

Robert Mondavi Private Selection (CA) $29

Wild Horse (Central Coast, CA) $40

Sangiovese

Castiglioni Frescobaldi Chianti Classico (Toscana, IT) $30

Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva (Toscana, IT) $42

Marchesi de’ Frescobaldi Rosso di Montalcino (Toscana, IT) $49

Silverado (Napa Valley, CA) $46

Malbec

Decero (Mendoza, Argentina) $32

Diseno (Mendoza, Argentina) $29

Nebbiolo

Bruno Glacosa Valmaggiore (Piemonte, IT) $49

Giordano Barolo Tradizione (Piemonte, IT) $45

Super-Tuscan

Luce Della Vite (Montalcino-Toscana, IT) $110

Tenuta Dell’ornellaia (Bogheri-Toscana, IT) $230

Carmenere

Tributo Caliterra (Valle de Colchagua, Chile) $38

Cabernet Sauvignon

Avalon (Napa Valley, CA) $28

Clos du Bois (North Coast, CA) $32

Deakin Estate (Victoria, AUS) $30

Don Maximiano (Valle de Aconcagua) $99

Errazuita (Valle de Aconcagua) $27

Hogue Genesis (Columbia Valley, WA) $31

Pacific Bay (Mendocino County, CA) $25

Pine Ridge (Napa Valley, CA) $79

Puerto Viejo (Curico Valley, Chile) $24

Robert Mondavi Reserve (Napa Valley, CA) $135

Sanctuary (Napa Valley, CA) $58

Silverado (Napa Valley, CA) $65

Simi Landslide (Alexander Valley, CA) $48

Wheelhouse (CA) $26

Red Blends

Estancia Meritage Reserve $34

Mondavi-Rothschild Opus One (Napa Valley, CA) $169

Overture (Napa Valley, CA) $109

Vail Ilach Embruix (Priorat, Spain) $44

Petite Sirah

Spellbound (CA) $34

Garnacha

Artazui (Navarra, Spain) $34

Palacios Remondo La Montesa (Rioja, Spain) $34

Shiraz

Katnook Estate (Coonawarra, AUS) $28

Mcpherson (South Eastern Australia) $30

Zinfandel

Seghesio (Sonoma County, CA) $39

Sextant (Central Coast, CA) $32

Zen of Zin (CA) $29

Merlot

Ancient Peaks (Paso Robles, CA) $34

Danzante (Le Venezie, IT) $32

Fetzer (CA) $28

Franciscan (Napa Valley, CA) $38

Hogue Genesis (Columbia Valley, WA) $27

Oberon (Napa Valley, CA) $40

Puerto Viejo (Curico Valley, Chile) $24

Red Bordeaux Blends

Chateau Montcabrier Cotes de Bordeaux (Bordeaux, FR) $32

Phillippe de Rothschild Mouton-Cadet (Bordeaux, FR) $27

Red Rhone Blends

Domaine du Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf-du-Pape (Val de Rhone, FR) $38

De Aureo Spirito Cotes-du-Rhone (Val de Rhone, FR) $26

Can someone point me in the direction to find a Complete Listing of Wines available on Princess for 2015 & 2015? I have heard that they no longer carry one of my wife's favorite, Chateau St Michele Riesling. :confused:

This is also one of my favorite wines, and one I have enjoyed on Princess for many years. I'm sailing in less than 2 weeks, so I will know for sure then, but I was on board for a BVE and checked the wine list while I was there. I'm sad to say it is gone.

Thanks for posting this list! Anyone know a good place to purchase a nice bottle of wine to take on board in San Francisco? Our hotel is within walking distance of the pier.

Thanks for posting this list! Anyone know a good place to purchase a nice bottle of wine to take on board in San Francisco? Our hotel is within walking distance of the pier.

You are probably staying near Fisherman's Wharf. There are 3 stores you can buy wine in the area, all 3 are on Bay St - Safeway is between Powell and Mason, Trader Joes's is on corner of Mason and Bay, and Cost Plus's World Market is between Mason and Taylor. Best selection is Safeway, best prices is at Trader Joe's. There is a store with a smaller selection and higher prices near the Pier 35. It is a couple blocks from the pier on Sansome St.

Highly recommend the Robert Hall Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah at Trader Joe's. Some box wines are available at Safeway. On the ship, try the Decero Malbec or Estancia Meritage for reds and the Chamisal Stainless Steel Chardonnay for white. Try the Chateauneuf du Pape or Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc-Viognier, you can't go wrong with either.

Thank you both for these most informative lists!

This will be my first time on Princess. Will the wait staff keep ones open bottle of wine and have it on the table for one the next night or do I have to take the bottle back to my cabin?

On RCCL they cork an keep the bottle for me.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Thank you both for these most informative lists!

This will be my first time on Princess. Will the wait staff keep ones open bottle of wine and have it on the table for one the next night or do I have to take the bottle back to my cabin?

On RCCL they cork an keep the bottle for me.

Thanks,

Cheryl

They will store your open bottle of wine for another night even if you're dining at a different location. If you tell them where you had it on the first night they can get it for you. For example if you didn't finish the bottle at a specialty restaurant & the next day ate in the main dining room they'll be able to get it for you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Astro Flyer!!

You're welcome! My experience has been that wine is less expensive than RCCL & hopefully you'll have the same experience. :) I found that I needed to get the RCCL wine package to lower the prices to the same as Princess' per bottle cost.

Like RCCL, Princess allows 1 bottle per person/cruise to be brought onboard but Princess' corkage fee is only $15 vs. RCCL's $25. RCCL said that additional bottles are not allowed but Princess allows unlimited bottles of wine subject to a $15/bottle fee when bringing it onboard. Those bottles may be consumed anywhere onboard including in restaurants & can be stored for another day. If you want to bring wine from a port to take home Princess will store it until the night before disembarkation.

The Princess wine policy is one of the things I enjoy & if you're on a 10+ day cruise a wine package may be available.

We're just doing a short 5 night cruise. I usually save my good bottle from home to sip on the balcony. The person I'm traveling with is equal to my diamond, so as far as I understand, we get to go to a lounge for free wine. As long as it's not "La Terrible" as on RCCL, I'll drink their wine! On RCCL, I also carry my glass of wine or Cosmo into the MDR is that allowed?

Thanks for all your help!

Cheryl

We're just doing a short 5 night cruise. I usually save my good bottle from home to sip on the balcony. The person I'm traveling with is equal to my diamond, so as far as I understand, we get to go to a lounge for free wine. As long as it's not "La Terrible" as on RCCL, I'll drink their wine! On RCCL, I also carry my glass of wine or Cosmo into the MDR is that allowed?
The only free wine I know of on Princess is a free wine tasting for Elite members of the Captain's Circle and at the captain's cocktail party, which is usually held the second formal night. You can carry your glass from one venue to another--from a bar to the dining room. What you're not supposed to do is drink the wine from the bottle each adult is allowed to carry on in public spaces. That wine is supposed to be enjoyed in your cabin.

I thought Princess had an exclusive lounge for members of a certain Level like RCCL and X do. We go in every evening from 5-8 for cocktails, wine and hors d'oeuvres. No charge.

Cheryl

They have a nightly event for elite, platinum & suite passengers from 5:00 to 7:00. Each night has different hors d'oeuvres and there are $6 drink specials (6 types of drinks). It can get very crowded & on cruises like our Royal Princess TA not many didn't qualify with well over half of the passengers eligible. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

They have a nightly event for elite, platinum & suite passengers from 5:00 to 7:00. Each night has different hors d'oeuvres and there are $6 drink specials (6 types of drinks). It can get very crowded & on cruises like our Royal Princess TA not many didn't qualify with well over half of the passengers eligible. ;)

Thanks Astro Flyer!

Two points for Royal!

Cheryl

Thanks Astro Flyer!

Two points for Royal!

Cheryl

Yes & it's good to have options when deciding what cruise is best for each of us. Princess elite members get the following which works for me & can be exchanged (booze for beer, all soda, water, 2 coffee cards or one bottle of wine)

"Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier".

Good to be traveling with an elite member!!!!

One of my jobs is to book our hotel and parking for the pre cruise.

Any suggestions for park and snooze in FLL?

Thanks,

Cheryl

I've stayed at the Crown Plaza & Courtyard by Marriott but didn't drive to the port. Others have highly recommended either Hyatt Place or Embassy Suites on 17th. Both are an easy walk to Publix or Total Wine and about a 10-15 minute walk if you want to drag bags to the ship. ;) If you embark on a Sunday I've read that alcohol sales are prohibited until noon.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The only free wine I know of on Princess is a free wine tasting for Elite members of the Captain's Circle and at the captain's cocktail party, which is usually held the second formal night. You can carry your glass from one venue to another--from a bar to the dining room. What you're not supposed to do is drink the wine from the bottle each adult is allowed to carry on in public spaces. That wine is supposed to be enjoyed in your cabin.

Usually the first formal night, there is also the Captain's Welcome Party in the atrium (different than the Captain's Circle Party which is second formal night and usually in Vista Lounge, you will get an invite if you have been on Princess before) with the champagne waterfall, open to everyone.....plenty of free drinks continually brought around for about 45 minutes starting about 7:15 (check the Patter).

Edited by BrandiGreg