Cruz Bay St. John Bar/Restaurant

LA_CA_GAL

I would like to get some info on those that have taken the ferry to St. John Cruz Bay.

Specifically, any recommendations near the ferry drop off for bars and restaurants to have a bite and a couple of drinks?

We like relaxing at the Beach Bar which you will see off the starboard side as you enter Cruz bay. Right on the beach so you can get your toes in the sand and a great staff. Many people who fly into St Thomas and ferry to St John to spend a week will stop at the BB and get the feeling that they've "arrived".

I also agreed with The Beach Bar, which is in Wharfside Village . A nice place to hang out and have a few drinks, right on the water, tables in the sand and the food is good.

We also ate at Sun Dog Cafe. It's in walking distance, 5 min. from the ferry drop off and is at Mongoose Junction. Sun Dog has all outdoor seating in a nice courtyard area, food and service very good and they have beer.

If you want a view, then Beach Bar is for you.

To the right as you walk off the ferry dock you have:

• High Tide
  • Waterfront Bistro (a bit above a typical beach bar)
  • Joe's Rum Hut
  • Spyglass
  • Beach Bar

Directly in front of you across the street is a new place called Cruz Bay Landing

All have beer and are within a minute or two walk of the ferry.

Life is Good mentioned Mongoose Junction, that's worth a stroll to for shops and a beer at the brewery.

http://www.mongoosejunctionstjohn.com/stores/tap_room.html

Also, right off the ferry dock are jewelry shops, my wife had a Hook bracelet custom made while we enjoyed drinks at the BB, the owner of St John Bracelet (dot com) is very good, excellent craftsmanship (peening, etc) as compared to examples we've seen on STT and other islands.

Cruz Bay is a great place to spend a few hours, very relaxed and nice little shops in Wharfside Village and Mongoose Junction. We could relax at the BB for a couple hours just watching the bay.

http://www.beachbarstjohn.com/webcams.htm

You can also enjoy a nice island tour for about $25pp if you decide you have time to spare.

Edited by blue_water

Beer.:D

I am most interested in what is within walking distance to the pier and ferry.

If you are interested in Beer, you could walk to Mongoose Junction to a place called The Tap Room. This place is only a few minutes down the street in the AC. Not as beachy but neat. As Anne mentioned, good drinks can be had overlooking the water at the Beach Bar, Joe's Rum Hut, or Spyglass. There is a map on stjohnfun.com that will show you exactly where these places are in reference to the ferry dock. Enjoy!

To the right as you walk off the ferry dock you have:

• High Tide
  • Waterfront Bistro (a bit above a typical beach bar)
  • Joe's Rum Hut
  • Spyglass
  • Beach Bar

Directly in front of you across the street is a new place called Cruz Bay Landing

All have beer and are within a minute or two walk of the ferry.

Sounds good, I might have to check them all out.:D

• 1 year later...

Good information. It has been awhile since we have visited St. John and I don't think Cruz Bay was very developed. Looking forward to our excursion there and doing St. John on our own for a couple of hours.