Flying on Southwest?

EbayCruiser

Thanks for the heads up! I just got $82 in future travel (they give you a credit - they don't refund) for my booked flight. I called Southwest to see how to do it, was on the phone for about 3 minutes only having to hit 1 automated prompt button. She explained to hit "change flight" in your reservation on the website and chose the same (now cheaper) flight. I went to the website and in less time than it is taking me to type this I had my credit. Do you think RCCL might be able to steal some phone support and IT people from Southwest?

I fly Southwest whenever I can. I find them to be a much better airline to deal with than most of the others.

Hey OB.

I had never flown SW prior to our Majesty cruise last month, but am now a huge fan. Their plane was more comfortable, open seating was nice, and it was just overall a more comfortable flight. Definitely a fan.

Just booked a flight to Tampa about 2 weeks ago, checked today and my flights didn't change much. OP - thanks for the heads-up with this thread!

Hey OB.

I had never flown SW prior to our Majesty cruise last month, but am now a huge fan. Their plane was more comfortable, open seating was nice, and it was just overall a more comfortable flight. Definitely a fan.

Just booked a flight to Tampa about 2 weeks ago, checked today and my flights didn't change much. OP - thanks for the heads-up with this thread!

How are things going? We haven't talked much here lately. Awesome weather here this weekend in RI. I'm heading out on my bike shortly for a ride next to the ocean.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I fly Southwest whenever I can. I find them to be a much better airline to deal with than most of the others.

I also try to fly Southwest whenever I can. I find that because they don't charge for luggage beyond 2 free, they are better. However some people don't like the "cattle chute" boarding and because they fly to smaller markets they sometimes have 2+ hrs between flights. Sometimes there is only 1 flight for a particular route. In FL they don't fly into MIA,they don't fly to ORD, they don't fly to DFW but instead go to Love Field, they don't go to HOU but instead Hobby.

Their 2nd year of operation, there was a TV show called "Airline" which lasted 1 season. It dealt with SW customer service agents at the airport and some problems they face,

I also try to fly Southwest whenever I can. I find that because they don't charge for luggage beyond 2 free, they are better. However some people don't like the "cattle chute" boarding and because they fly to smaller markets they sometimes have 2+ hrs between flights. Sometimes there is only 1 flight for a particular route. In FL they don't fly into MIA,they don't fly to ORD, they don't fly to DFW but instead go to Love Field, they don't go to HOU but instead Hobby.

Their 2nd year of operation, there was a TV show called "Airline" which lasted 1 season. It dealt with SW customer service agents at the airport and some problems they face,

I know what you mean, but just in case someone else is confused, Southwest does not go to Bush (IAH), but they do go to Hobby (HOU).

I do prefer Southwest, but, they don't have their schedule out early enough for me. When I book a cruise or whatever I need everything matched up together. I booked our March cruise and am really stresses because they recently releases flights, but only until Jan 3. In the meantime the other carriers have almost doubled in price.

We love Southwest and even though we live 20 minutes from O'Hare (SWA doesn't fly out of O'Hare) we will go to Milwaukee if we can get good flights on Southwest. Midway would work for us too but so far the flights we have wanted to book have been cheaper from Milwaukee than from Midway.

Edited by HeidiHo

Another tip for southwest, pay attention to when they open up the next booking segment, The schedule is now open until January 4th, 2015, when they open up for travel dates beyond Jan 4th, the best deals will be available at that time.

Edited by Mac303

Another tip for southwest, pay attention to when they open up the next booking segment, The schedule is now open until January 4th, 2015, when they open up for travel dates beyond Jan 4th, the best deals will be available at that time.

I have many times found the best pricing to be well after dates have opened up.

You are correct again. I just saved $100 on flights in December that I purchased a month ago when bookings opened.

Edited by clarea

Just to clarify it really depends on your destination, for instance

Phila. (PHL) to Ft.Myers (RSW) the price never comes down after the initial pricing comes out, once the lowest price seats are gone, I have never found a better price then the initial offering.

But you are also correct, I have found better deals after the opening date.

Edited by Mac303

We love Southwest and even though we live 20 minutes from O'Hare (SWA doesn't fly out of O'Hare) we will go to Milwaukee if we can get good flights on Southwest. Midway would work for us too but so far the flights we have wanted to book have been cheaper from Milwaukee than from Midway.

No doubt Milwaukee airport is very happy to have your business. I live fairly close to MKE. Like you I have priced flights from MDW; though more flights, the prices have generally seemed higher to me, too.

Though SWA does not serve O'Hare, but with a big presence at Midway (about 30 miles S) and substantial presence at Milwaukee (about 70 miles N, not that far by a Midwestern's standards), SWA covering the territory...and helping to keep other carriers' prices in check, IMHO.

No price change On my SWA flights today; the prices have been creating up on mine.

No doubt Milwaukee airport is very happy to have your business. I live fairly close to MKE. Like you I have priced flights from MDW; though more flights, the prices have generally seemed higher to me, too.

Though SWA does not serve O'Hare, but with a big presence at Midway (about 30 miles S) and substantial presence at Milwaukee (about 70 miles N, not that far by a Midwestern's standards), SWA covering the territory...and helping to keep other carriers' prices in check, IMHO.

No price change On my SWA flights today; the prices have been creating up on mine.

Another reason MKE works better for us than MDW if we want to fly SWA is that I have family in Southern Wisconsin so we can leave our car with them and they drive us to the airport.

How are things going? We haven't talked much here lately. Awesome weather here this weekend in RI. I'm heading out on my bike shortly for a ride next to the ocean.

Things are going well! Good to hear the weather is nice there - here, too. We've been really lucky actually, we've had nice 70's/low 80's and lots of sun for several weeks now.

Have your cruise booked for next year yet? We sailed on Majesty in May, but it was too short...flew down same day and did 4 nights, then one day in Ft. Lauderdale. Way too short.

Booked Navigator again for April 2016, wish it was next year!!

Enjoy your weekend.

P.S. I listen to the KC CD constantly!

Another reason MKE works better for us than MDW if we want to fly SWA is that I have family in Southern Wisconsin so we can leave our car with them and they drive us to the airport.

That sounds happier and safer than parking at Midway!

MKE's passenger statistics are regularly reported to the public on radio and in newspaper. I think they are trying hard to be an appealing airport to people from Northern Illinois and Wisconsin.