Tripit on sea days?

bwaz

Hello from someone who is not the sharpest tool in the shed, digitally speaking. I use the Tripit app to organize reservations, appointments, tours, etc and really like how it keeps everything in order. But am I going to be able to use it while we are actually cruising? I use it on my Android smartphone, not a tablet. We never use our phones on board because we don't want roaming charges. I am contemplating printing everything out, because I don't want to rely on data that I can't get to once we are on board. Thanks for you help in advance.

Hello from someone who is not the sharpest tool in the shed, digitally speaking. I use the Tripit app to organize reservations, appointments, tours, etc and really like how it keeps everything in order. But am I going to be able to use it while we are actually cruising? I use it on my Android smartphone, not a tablet. We never use our phones on board because we don't want roaming charges. I am contemplating printing everything out, because I don't want to rely on data that I can't get to once we are on board. Thanks for you help in advance.
Why don't you take your tablet somewhere out of wifi range right now and see if you can still use Tripit?

Good idea - will do, I am kind of a moron with my tablet --- my husband keeps trying to help me-- i just don't seem to be able to get with it -- maybe this is the motivation I need.

I never thought about TripIt when not connected. Good question!

I just did a little experiment:

I got on TripIt on my iPad Mini without wifi/4G - no itinerary for my upcoming trip.

Turned on wifi, brought up TripIt, got my itinerary.

Turned off wifi, brought up TripIt, my itinerary was there for me to look at.

So, it does appear that you have to be sure to bring up TripIt WITH wifi/4G first and get your itineraries loaded. THEN, you can access them offline…

Give it a try!!!

Okay, I can see organizing everything before one leaves. I do it on my computer and then print it out and keep it in a folder so I don't have to worry about an electronic device such as my phone (don't have a tablet, but I don't want to risk it not working either with all that info).

But during sea days, I don't get the point of using some app. 'Do you need to keep track of spa appointments or shows or dinners booked in a specialty restaurant? I don't plan out my sea days other than looking at the newsletter each night and finding possible activities or entertainment that interests me the next day. And often I might change my mind during the course of the day about what I want to do.

Very good point. I guess in my case I am thinking I would want to know and check what I am doing the next day in port. I think I am a bit of a nervous traveller and I do a lot of checking. We do have a couple of specialty on board reservations as well.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

Wow, I love that idea. May I ask. ..is it common to have metal walls that magnets would stick to?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

The walls in our last cabin on Princess were magnetic. I didn't realize it before but was able to decorate with magnets.