Glory Vs. Conquest

rabbit72

Getting ready to book our cruise and curious what is your opinion....Glory or Conquest? I haven't been on either one but was leaning towards the Glory. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Brenda

Have done Glory 3 times, most recently last month. Conquest, twice most recently in January. I would take Glory hands down. While they both have 2.0 upgrades, Conquest does not have Serenity which I LOVE. Also Glory has the new menus which a lot of people say is nothing but cutbacks, but I enjoyed it. It's a lot of the old stuff, some with different names, but it was prepared much better IMHO than on Conquest. There will be plenty that disagree, but that's how I feel. In fact, when I book another one hopefully for this fall, 99% sure it will be back on Glory again. One vote for Glory.

Have done Glory 3 times, most recently last month. Conquest, twice most recently in January. I would take Glory hands down. While they both have 2.0 upgrades, Conquest does not have Serenity which I LOVE. Also Glory has the new menus which a lot of people say is nothing but cutbacks, but I enjoyed it. It's a lot of the old stuff, some with different names, but it was prepared much better IMHO than on Conquest. There will be plenty that disagree, but that's how I feel. In fact, when I book another one hopefully for this fall, 99% sure it will be back on Glory again. One vote for Glory.

We have been on the Glory with new menu and I liked it DW not so much. Supposedly they have tweaked it and added back some old favorites.

Unfortunately both have the new production shows playlist production which IMHO is rather pathetic. Didnt realize Conquest didnt have the serenity deck though.

That's a good point about the Serenity deck. However, I LOVE that Conquest still has the adults only aft pool. I would take that over the Serenity.

That's a good point about the Serenity deck. However, I LOVE that Conquest still has the adults only aft pool. I would take that over the Serenity.

So does Glory. Just because a ship has Serenity, doesn't mean they lose the adult only aft pool. What made you think that was the case?

Edited by firemanbobswife

I guess I was mistaken regarding the Glory. I thought that because the Breeze has the aft pool and it is NOT adults only.

Different classes of ships have different things. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Glory's aft pools and hot tubs are adults only. That was my favorite hangout. It's so nice to be right by the bar and pizza :D

Different classes of ships have different things. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the Glory's aft pools and hot tubs are adults only. That was my favorite hangout. It's so nice to be right by the bar and pizza :D

Good to know! Thanks for correcting me. We recently (in the last couple weeks) booked the cruise that I am on tomorrow and were torn between the Conquest and Glory. We ultimately decided on Conquest due to itinerary. I was excited to learn that Conquest still had the adults only pool, because that was our favorite hang out on our Liberty cruises. We've sailed other ships with aft pools (that were not adults only) and Serenity decks since then, so I guess I just started associating having an adults only Serenity deck with no adults only aft pool

Aren't the itineraries the same? In March I wanted 2 Western Caribbean cruises- so I took the Conquest, came back to Miami- got off the ship and walked on to the Glory. :) Essentially the same ship, and in that case sailed the same itinerary. Had a great 2 weeks.

Good to know! Thanks for correcting me. We recently (in the last couple weeks) booked the cruise that I am on tomorrow and were torn between the Conquest and Glory. We ultimately decided on Conquest due to itinerary. I was excited to learn that Conquest still had the adults only pool, because that was our favorite hang out on our Liberty cruises. We've sailed other ships with aft pools (that were not adults only) and Serenity decks since then, so I guess I just started associating having an adults only Serenity deck with no adults only aft pool

Glad I could help. Now you know for next time. Have a great cruise!

Oh, and another reason I vote for Glory is because of the CD Eversen. He is absolutely the most hilarious, upbeat (not in an annoying way) CD I have ever had. Didn't care for Gary on Conquest. He was OK, but he reminded me too much of Gene Wilder (not in a good, funny way). I was waiting for the Oompa Loompas to come out and start singing :p

Aren't the itineraries the same? In March I wanted 2 Western Caribbean cruises- so I took the Conquest, came back to Miami- got off the ship and walked on to the Glory. :) Essentially the same ship, and in that case sailed the same itinerary. Had a great 2 weeks.

not necessarily...the itineraries vary somewhat.

I haven't been on either ship yet, but looking forward to being on the Glory in July and Conquest in November. There are no repeat ports on the two cruises.

not necessarily...the itineraries vary somewhat.

I haven't been on either ship yet, but looking forward to being on the Glory in July and Conquest in November. There are no repeat ports on the two cruises.

I'm not talking alternating E and W itineraries. Of course they are different. I am referring to the same itinerary on each, like I took, which was the W as I mention. The two weeks were identical.

we're with you guys in regards to the adult only pool.

I have decided to go with the Glory...its the same itineraries so no hard choice. We were on the Liberty and loved it...didn't care for the Valor though but it hadn't had the upgrades.

Thanks again for sharing.