Just back from the Liberty

Terre

last month on Fas7 day, w/Cory, now he is on Liberty..looking fwd to seeing him again, and Happy....gr8 idea for a perk of seating VIPS.. I have aged another year since last month..But I think we got an invite under the door..from Cory..and the seats were RSV'd with signs on the cushions for us and we showed the invite

We were with you on this cruise as part of a b2b. Actually, DH mentioned to Katie and Cory, on the first leg, that it would be nice to be able to do this for Diamonds, like on another cruise line. He did try in the main show lounge one night. The reserved signs were "lost" somehow, as people filled the lounge. He did, later, however, succeed in having them held for the 4 Diamonds. At the VIFP on the 7 night, there were about 12 Diamonds. Cory held a row, near the front in the show lounge, so the group could sit together. It was a nice touch. Good job, Cory!

I too, was aboard this cruise, and I am Diamond, and Military. Didn't get any reserved seats anywhere, at any show? There were TWENTY "Diamond" guest on this voyage, so perhaps that's the problem. Fact is, that with all my cruises, I've never had a reserved seat, except when I was performing in the show????;)

GREAT CRUISE! We had a fantastic time!

"SKY"

Ken

We saw people actually move them. People would come in and see the empty table, run over and then walk away. One lady, did however, move the card from one side of the table to the other side, which already had a reserved card. I guess she thought she it wouldn't matter if one side one reserved and not the other. It was actually rather inconsiderate in my opinion.

Edited by Terre

I actually wanted to know about the process from the cruiser who said this was a 'perk'' offered on his cruise - wondering how it was enforced - I too had never heard of this before!!!

Froufie,

I believe that was me. When I posted to Terre (the original poster) about our cruises, I mentioned "everyone but Platinum" had to leave the comedy lounge after the first show...or so I thought.

When we were in the lounge for comedy that night, Jason Blanchard was the first comedian and we saw him. Happy Cole had the next showing. When Jason Blanchard was done, they put the lights on and announced that everyone had to leave then get back in line if we wanted to see the next show, so we did. The line was too long so we found something else to do instead since we ended up standing for a show last year and that wasn't very comfortable. We ended up talking to a couple of gals who were also on Liberty with us the very next day when in Cozumel at the beach club we went to for the day. Part of our conversation was when they asked if we saw Happy Cole and told us how funny he was. We told them we saw Jason Blanchard, the first show, and had planned to stick around for Happy Cole but they told everyone to leave the lounge and get in line for the second show. That's when one of the gals told us they were able to stay in the lounge and didn't have to leave, so we asked her how. She told us they were Platinum VIFP members (DH and I are Gold VIFP members) and said that's one of the "perks". We don't know if they left and got to get to the front of the line or if they just stayed and showed someone their Platinum S&S cards. So basically we were "assuming" that was one of the VIPF perks. Sorry for any confusion.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Froufie,

I believe that was me. When I posted to Terre (the original poster) about our cruises, I mentioned "everyone but Platinum" had to leave the comedy lounge after the first show...or so I thought.

When we were in the lounge for comedy that night, Jason Blanchard was the first comedian and we saw him. Happy Cole had the next showing. When Jason Blanchard was done, they put the lights on and announced that everyone had to leave then get back in line if we wanted to see the next show, so we did. The line was too long so we found something else to do instead since we ended up standing for a show last year and that wasn't very comfortable. We ended up talking to a couple of gals who were also on Liberty with us the very next day when in Cozumel at the beach club we went to for the day. Part of our conversation was when they asked if we saw Happy Cole and told us how funny he was. We told them we saw Jason Blanchard, the first show, and had planned to stick around for Happy Cole but they told everyone to leave the lounge and get in line for the second show. That's when one of the gals told us they were able to stay in the lounge and didn't have to leave, so we asked her how. She told us they were Platinum VIFP members (DH and I are Gold VIFP members) and said that's one of the "perks". We don't know if they left and got to get to the front of the line or if they just stayed and showed someone their Platinum S&S cards. So basically we were "assuming" that was one of the VIPF perks. Sorry for any confusion.

thanks for the clarification and looks to me like a 'made up' perk? Not official in the least bit - maybe someone told them that and they believed it? Or they 'convinced' someone to let them back in cuz they thought that SHOULD be a perk? LOLOL....would be a nice perk tho? - but might cause a mutiny on the ship perhaps?:eek::D:p

thanks for the clarification and looks to me like a 'made up' perk? Not official in the least bit - maybe someone told them that and they believed it? Or they 'convinced' someone to let them back in cuz they thought that SHOULD be a perk? LOLOL....would be a nice perk tho? - but might cause a mutiny on the ship perhaps?:eek::D:p

Reminds me of when JH kept saying that platinums didnt have to wait on line going back to the ship at tender ports.