Just back from the Liberty

Terre

Got home yesterday from the Liberty. Short review: Loved the cruise. Rained in Cozumel, missed Roatan because of winds and couldn't dock, didn't get off the ship in Belize, but did in Costa Maya. Still had a great time and only gained two pounds and yes, I ate a lot! Try walking around that ship several times a day and you won't gain a lot either. Had two great comedians, one pretty good and one not funny at all, at least not to us. If Happy Cole is ever on your ship, DO NOT miss him!!!! Didn't see the shows because we've seen them 100 times over the last three years. Met some great people from our roll call and Cory our CD who came to our M&G. He's great you will love him.

I will be working on a formal review and will post it in a few days. Uploading pictures now and will include them.

Edited by Terre

Got home yesterday from the Liberty. Loved the cruise. Rained in Cozumel, missed Roatan because of winds and couldn't dock, didn't get off the ship in Belize, but did in Costa Maya. Still had a great time and only gained two pounds and yes, I ate a lot! Try walking around that ship several times a day and you won't gain a lot either.

I will be working on a review and will post it in a few days. Uploading pictures now and will include them.

We sail in a few weeks. thank you for going to the trouble of writing one and posting the picture.s I will look forward to reading it. If you have the FUN Times..or even one , would you post it?

How did you like the American Table? Did you see any production plays?

Edited by AmberTeka

We were on Liberty for a western sailing in April but were supposed to go to Grand Cayman instead of Costa Maya. We missed Grand Cayman due to high winds and large swells making it too dangerous to tender in. I have been checking out the webcams and it looks like Liberty and Dream both missed Roatan that day. Bummer. I hope you get there sometime, it's very pretty.

We also had Happy Cole on our cruise and everyone we talked to that saw him really liked him. We also had Jason Blanchard and we really liked him, very, very funny and even incorporated a "naughty towel animal" into the end of his routine. I don't think I laughed like that for a comedian in a long time. We were going to stay in the lounge for the next show, which was Happy Cole. Things changed since our last cruise, now everyone except Platinum VIFP has to exit and get back in line. The line snaked all down the Promenade and we knew we wouldn't be able to get back in. We were supposed to pick up two more comedians in Grand Cayman but since we missed, there was no comedy the last two nights of the cruise. I think Happy Cole and Jason Blanchard got off in Belize.

I'm looking forward to your review...I need a cruise fix and it's only been 2 months. :)

We sail in a few weeks. thank you for going to the trouble of writing one and posting the picture.s I will look forward to reading it. If you have the FUN Times..or even one , would you post it?

How did you like the American Table? Did you see any production plays?

What do you want to know from the Funtimes? It would be difficult to scan them.

We did not see any of the production shows because we've seen them a bizillion times over the years; they're the same on every ship. They do need to change them. We had the American Table menu in January and I didn't like it then. I liked it a little better this time, maybe because I knew what to expect and they added back two of my favorite desserts -- creme brulee and souffle!

We were on Liberty for a western sailing in April but were supposed to go to Grand Cayman instead of Costa Maya. We missed Grand Cayman due to high winds and large swells making it too dangerous to tender in. I have been checking out the webcams and it looks like Liberty and Dream both missed Roatan that day. Bummer. I hope you get there sometime, it's very pretty.

We also had Happy Cole on our cruise and everyone we talked to that saw him really liked him. We also had Jason Blanchard and we really liked him, very, very funny and even incorporated a "naughty towel animal" into the end of his routine. I don't think I laughed like that for a comedian in a long time. We were going to stay in the lounge for the next show, which was Happy Cole. Things changed since our last cruise, now everyone except Platinum VIFP has to exit and get back in line. The line snaked all down the Promenade and we knew we wouldn't be able to get back in. We were supposed to pick up two more comedians in Grand Cayman but since we missed, there was no comedy the last two nights of the cruise. I think Happy Cole and Jason Blanchard got off in Belize.

I'm looking forward to your review...I need a cruise fix and it's only been 2 months. :)

We have been to Roatan many times and at Mahogany Bay in January, it is pretty. We had Jason Blanchard the last two nights and he was funny. He made the same "towel animal". They made everyone leave the lounge between the two comedians, didn't matter if you were Platinum or not.

Didnt know Platinum got this perk. Good to hear.

We were on 3 weeks ago and totally agree about Happy Cole. He was also on Liberty when my DH were on last Sept too. Some jokes the same, but a lot was different. We missed Jason though because long lines kept us out one night and he was sick the other.

Loved Liberty, my favorite Carnival ship!!!!

I can say we did not get that perk last week and we are Platinum. They made everyone clear out when there was a line for the next show, so don't get your hopes up.

I can say we did not get that perk last week and we are Platinum. They made everyone clear out when there was a line for the next show, so don't get your hopes up.

We will be on Liberty and this would have been a nice perk if we do get it.

Happy Cole and Jason Blanchard are two of the best comedians they have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terre

So did they actually walk around the lounge asking everyone staying to show their S&S cards to ensure they were platinum?

Edited by Froufie

Didnt know Platinum got this perk. Good to hear.

Must be a new perk? Maybe exclusive to the Liberty? Was on last month and did not hear of this at all!

I'll clarify my previous comment to avoid confusion. After seeing Jason Blanchard's adult only show, we wanted to stick around and see Happy Cole. When Jason Blanchard was finished, they announced that everyone had to exit the comedy club and get back in line. Well, by that time a line for the next show had already formed and was pretty long. We waited at the back for a few minutes but realized if we did get back in, we'd have to stand so we went and found something else to do. The next day while in Cozumel we were talking with a few gals who were Platinum and one of them told us that since they were Platinum, they didn't have to leave after Jason Blanchard's show and stayed for Happy Cole's. I was aware that Platinum guests get to go to the head of lines, so maybe the comedy club was included (?). I didn't ask her how they got to stay, they may have been asked to exit and get in line but maybe just showed the staff their Platinum Sail & Sign cards (speculation). It would be great if they could move some of the comedy to the main lounges since it seems to be very popular with only limited seating in the lounge at the back where Punchliner is held.

Golfadj, we loved Jason Blanchard - funniest I've seen on a Carnival ship. I heard Happy Cole was great too, just wish we could've seen him.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Quote:

So did they actually walk around the lounge asking everyone staying to show their S&S cards to ensure they were platinum?

No, on our cruise 3 weeks ago everyone had to clear out. Then you got back in line. We did get back in line 1 night and although the line was back to the taste bar, we still got in for seats.

Last sept. We were allowed to stay but making everyone leave is probably fairer.

Quote:

No. Wes, the host, announced that everyone had to clear the lounge and get back in line if you wanted to see the next show. The only people who could stay were people in wheel chairs. If there was no line for the next show we could stay. Platinum guests were not allowed to stay either...as far as I know that is not a Platinum perk.

No. Wes, the host, announced that everyone had to clear the lounge and get back in line if you wanted to see the next show. The only people who could stay were people in wheel chairs. If there was no line for the next show we could stay. Platinum guests were not allowed to stay either...as far as I know that is not a Platinum perk.

I actually wanted to know about the process from the cruiser who said this was a 'perk'' offered on his cruise - wondering how it was enforced - I too had never heard of this before!!!

Edited by Froufie

last month on Fas7 day, w/Cory, now he is on Liberty..looking fwd to seeing him again, and Happy....gr8 idea for a perk of seating VIPS.. I have aged another year since last month..But I think we got an invite under the door..from Cory..and the seats were RSV'd with signs on the cushions for us and we showed the invite

Edited by luckycruzer