Platinum happy hour on Regal

Cinerama

Yes. Another dollar for drinks.

$5 to $6 is a 20% increase

$7.95 to $8.95 is a 12.5% increase

Still, dorisis has not confirmed that the "another dollar for drinks" was for the general menu or also for the elite/suite/platinum lounge special of the day.

Still, dorisis has not confirmed that the "another dollar for drinks" was for the general menu or also for the elite/suite/platinum lounge special of the day.
Reminds me of the classic barbeque joke when asked about a hot dog or hamburger. "Ketchup or mustard?" "Yes."

$5 to $6 is a 20% increase

$7.95 to $8.95 is a 12.5% increase

OMG! Princess calls this a Happy Hour? You must be silly to join in the NON-Happy Hour. If this is the Happy Hour, what do they charge for the NON-Happy Hour drink that they are charging $6 for?

I will bring my 1time setup to my own happy hour. LOL

OMG! Princess calls this a Happy Hour? You must be silly to join in the NON-Happy Hour. If this is the Happy Hour, what do they charge for the NON-Happy Hour drink that they are charging $6 for?

No. Princess doesn't call it Happy Hour. What they're referring to is the Platinum/Elite "lounge" which offers any one of six drinks for $5 although you can order anything you want at regular prices and there are special hors d'oeuvres. Regular drink prices are $6-8.95. Unless you're Platinum or Elite, you don't have to worry about the specially-priced drinks.

The Platinum/Elite "lounge" is held in either Club 6 or the Vista Lounge, depending on the number of Platinum/Elite onboard.

Edited by Pam in CA

Sadly this is the perk for platinum, elites and suites...you know, like the one that Celebrity does for free

Sadly this is the perk for platinum, elites and suites...you know, like the one that Celebrity does for free
Priorities. :) I'd rather spend $5 for a drink, get 250 free Internet minutes, save $100+ on unlimited laundry and save 10-20% on my cruise fare and get OBC and perks than get a free drink that I may or may not want.

Priorities. :) I'd rather spend $5 for a drink, get 250 free Internet minutes, save $100+ on unlimited laundry and save 10-20% on my cruise fare and get OBC and perks than get a free drink that I may or may not want.

The cruise fare and OBC are moot as TAs find a way to make up for not discounting...and you know we have the same one ;). Elites get laundry and internet minutes just not as much as on Princess. But...on Celebrity it takes only 10 cruises to make elite, on Princess it takes 15. After 11 on Princess the only thing I get is internet.

I'll drink to that! :)

"A" perk, not the sum total of them. The point of the lounge, as I see it, is not the price of the drinks (and plenty of people attend who drink no alcohol at all) but is the opportunity for people with common interests to get together and socialize. The "perk" I guess would be the complimentary appetizers. I love, love, love the shrimp fountain, which is basically a bottomless shrimp cocktail. I also like meeting new people and spending time with new friends at the same time and place every evening. If it were only about the price of drinks, I guess I would see your point, but it's more than that to me.

"A" perk, not the sum total of them. The point of the lounge, as I see it, is not the price of the drinks (and plenty of people attend who drink no alcohol at all) but is the opportunity for people with common interests to get together and socialize. The "perk" I guess would be the complimentary appetizers. I love, love, love the shrimp fountain, which is basically a bottomless shrimp cocktail. I also like meeting new people and spending time with new friends at the same time and place every evening. If it were only about the price of drinks, I guess I would see your point, but it's more than that to me.

I think it is to a lot of people but it was always half empty when drinks were $2.99 it's going to be like a morgue now

I think it is to a lot of people but it was always half empty when drinks were $2.99 it's going to be like a morgue now
I think it all depends on the cruise. On the Star a couple of years ago, there literally wasn't a seat to be had in Skywalkers and you had to stand around until someone left. We found ourselves sharing tables with strangers, which was nice. On the Royal, there were large groups of people getting together (with a CC roll call of almost 500, you can see why) but on the Sapphire in March, it was in Club Fusion and only about ¼ full.

As for our common friend, awesome as even "Ethel" knows.

Ditto. Princess has the best Elite passenger rewards.

No. Princess doesn't call it Happy Hour. What they're referring to is the Platinum/Elite "lounge" which offers any one of six drinks for $5 although you can order anything you want at regular prices and there are special hors d'oeuvres. Regular drink prices are $6-8.95. Unless you're Platinum or Elite, you don't have to worry about the specially-priced drinks.

The Platinum/Elite "lounge" is held in either Club 6 or the Vista Lounge, depending on the number of Platinum/Elite onboard.

Been there and tried it and it is a complete waste of time. Princess should do like Celebrity and RCI and provide free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Have you tried Celebrity and RCI? If you did you know what they offer in this specific area. This is one perk that Princess should change. This is MHO!

Again, you are not correct. I cruise Celebrity, RCI and Princess. In fact this year we have done or will do all 3 cruise lines. FYI, we do get OBCs on RCI and Celebrity. Fares on Celebrity and RCI are just like Princess, sometimes higher and sometimes lower. There is no 1 Cruise line that is always the cheapest.

I do agree that Celebrity only gives me 90 minutes Internet, but I don't spend that much time on the Internet. As for laundry, Celebrity gives me only 20 - 30 pieces. I try not to spill food or drinks on my clothes and normally take enough to get me through the cruise. I take more than a carry on. LOL

So is it now $6 or $5?

If the drink prices went up $1 each and you drink 10 drinks a day, on a seven night cruise it would add $70 to your budget. I would buy the drink package and be done with it.:)

Been there and tried it and it is a complete waste of time. Princess should do like Celebrity and RCI and provide free drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Have you tried Celebrity and RCI? If you did you know what they offer in this specific area. This is one perk that Princess should change. This is MHO!
Yup. I've taken four RCCL cruises and tried Celebrity. I'm not at a level to get perks, though. I sometimes have one drink a day so free drinks aren't a big deal to me. I've had great times at the Princess Platinum/Elite lounge so it probably depends on your circumstances and fellow passengers.

HAL has wonderful hot hors d 'oeuvres for anyone in their bars/lounges.