Southampton restaurants near Premier West Quay

John Bull did a list a while back. From that I picked out Coriander Lounge, Georges (Greek) and one of the historic pubs for atmosphere. We will decide on the day --may even eat in the Premier Inn if we are too tired as someone gave it a good report.

Ikea.

:D

Just in case ;) anyone doesn't know IKEA & is planning to put it on their list - InsideCabin is, as we say, "havin' a laugh".

Within 5 mins or so:

George's Greek restaurant, very long-established. Seriously unambitious décor but don't be put off - good food & value. Corner of Castle Way & St Michael's St.

La Margherita. On Town Quay, Italian, stylish modern, just a little over-priced perhaps.

Ennio's Italian almost opposite. Good, perhaps prices a little heavier than La Margherita.

For Thai, Coriander Lounge, High St. Or Kuti's Thai & Indian in Town Quay (or Oxford St)

Half a dozen or more others, probably I've missed out a couple of good 'uns.

Pub grub:

Duke of Wellington, Bugle St.

or Red Lion, High Street

Both attractive period pubs, decent food at sensible prices.

Or the Standing Order, a Wetherspoon's pub. Purely on price.

A number of others (unless it's changed hands avoid Juniper Berry - mainly down-market functions)

A selection of restaurants in Oxford Street, a ten/fifteen minute walk.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Just in case ;) anyone doesn't know IKEA & is planning to put it on their list - InsideCabin is, as we say, "havin' a laugh".

Within 5 mins or so:

George's Greek restaurant, very long-established. Seriously unambitious décor but don't be put off - good food & value. Corner of Castle Way & St Michael's St.

La Margherita. On Town Quay, Italian, stylish modern, just a little over-priced perhaps.

Ennio's Italian almost opposite. Good, perhaps prices a little heavier than La Margherita.

For Thai, Coriander Lounge, High St. Or Kuti's Thai & Indian in Town Quay (or Oxford St)

Half a dozen or more others, probably I've missed out a couple of good 'uns.

Pub grub:

Duke of Wellington, Bugle St.

or Red Lion, High Street

Both attractive period pubs, decent food at sensible prices.

Or the Standing Order, a Wetherspoon's pub. Purely on price.

A number of others (unless it's changed hands avoid Juniper Berry - mainly down-market functions)

A selection of restaurants in Oxford Street, a ten/fifteen minute walk.

Thanks for the list.

By the way....Ikea in our city does have a restaurant. Don't know about the food, though! Haven't been to Ikea since it first opened. Then I remember my kids played in all the balls. Do you remember that? (not my kids, the play area!)

Edited by Can'tstopcruising

Hey do not laugh IKEA have some good meals here for cheap prices :D

Thanks for the list we are there next year

Lyn

Hey do not laugh IKEA have some good meals here for cheap prices

Thanks for the list we are there next year

Lyn

Hi Lyn.

Knew they did a good value breakfast, didn't know they did romantic candle-lit evening meals. ;)

But I guess they need to, cos if you go in at breakfast-time it'll be evening before you find your way out.:rolleyes:

My only IKEA experience was this Southampton one, shortly after it opened. Only went in for a browse. Entrance on the top floor, exit on the ground floor. And IIRC all the staircases were in different place on each floor, and each hidden from view - you're supposed to follow the footprints, which take you from top to bottom via every square inch of selling space.

Got up-tight.

Threw open a fire door to get out - they're not allowed to hide them.

Set off an alarm in the process. :o

I'm probably on their barred list. :D

But no worries, cos no way will I ever again set foot in any IKEA. :eek:

Edited by John Bull

There's also a fairly decent "ask italian" about 10 minutes walk away. Its a chain but pretty reliable good food. I forget quite where, but it was right past ikea and on the opposite side of the road.

Google for some decent saving vouchers and exact location.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

To walk to Ask Italian, come out of the Premier Inn and turn right towards the river. Turn right again at the main road and walk along maybe a couple of hundred yards and it's on the other side of the road, facing Ikea. It's on the same site as the Imax