Diamond finally!

We really liked the Diamond club last month on Navigator, we had drink package so we could drink any place including concierge lounge (we were in suite) but liked talking to the people in the lounge also they had hot and cold snacks to pick on .

We made Diamond on our last Cruise ( Hawaii) coming from Sydney, Australia, only problem, we had already booked our next cruise as a Platinum level, so doubt we can get anymore discounts off our booking. We are booked with a TA we have used for years.

People have been able to get the higher balcony discount applied in the past. It is worth a call to the TA to ask.

If your a coffee drinker most of the diamond lounges have a nice machine so you can make it the way you want 24 hrs. No need for Starbucks IMHO.

Thanks

Woohoo can't wait for that! We made Diamond on our last cruise as well so definitely looking forward to making my own coffee drink instead of trying to doctor up regular coffee!

We made Diamond on our last Cruise ( Hawaii) coming from Sydney, Australia, only problem, we had already booked our next cruise as a Platinum level, so doubt we can get anymore discounts off our booking. We are booked with a TA we have used for years.

I booked our next cruise as Emerald during our last cruise. After I got confirmation from RCCL that I was diamond, I just called and got my booking changed to Diamond with the added discount!

Hello, TA is checking this morning for me, will let you know. funny part during that sailing in March & April, we got our Platinum pins at the start of the NZ, 9 days later going into the Transpacific, we are now Emerald, they sent us Platinum Pins again so went to the desk and got that changed and few days later here come the Emerald, then twice on the last cruise where we reached the D, we are given our Diamond Pins then get another set of Platinum a couple days later, now I got 3 sets of Platinum Pins.:D We got a set of Platinum before we left on the cruise.

Unless it has changed it was 30 minutes of free internet per person on my last cruise. So yeah if both people in the stateroom are diamond it would be 60 total free minutes.

On Indy in May we got 60 free minutes each, were having such a great time we didn't use them all!!

During our NZ & Transpacific, the internet was so bad I don't think it paid to buy a plan, quite a few people were getting extra minutes due to the poor internet. I don't buy into it because I don't need to check my email, will do that when get home. I did use the pad while in Sydney, Aust because we had free wifi at the apartments.

My husband and I finally made Diamond with our last cruise. I'm confused as to exactly what this means for us as far as discounts (if any). If you book suites/balconies apparently there are big discounts there. I keep hearing about all the perks but doesn't look like there are really very many to me. What am I missing? :confused:

enjoy the perks. look on the C&A loyalty page for perks. Also the Diamond lounge is really nice to kick back before dinner and have a few free drinks.

Become friends with the Diamond Concierge. He or she will send a note to your cabin inviting you to the Diamond Lounge.

The Concierge can do LOTS for you, like book excursions & the like. Even hold your bags on the ship for two weeks while you get off and return (we tipped him a bunch for that service).

Because the coffee machine is on 24/7, it's likely to run out of coffee or will need the used grounds bin emptied - learn to do it yourself like we did.

Diamond lounge is a great place to get away from the madding crowd. On the Radiance-class ships, the view from the lounge faces forward over the pool deck.

If you've used the same agent for years, you shouldn't have to call him/her about your Diamond Discount. They should have known you would be Diamond, prior to your cruise next year and automatically taken care of it.

My travel agent monitors my account and advises me of any discounts we can take advantage of. This is in addition to very generous shipboard credit.

She's saved us a lot of money over the years.:)

Congratulations on becoming Diamond! :)

I am still waiting for C&A to straighten out my points after my May 2 solo on Grandeur which should have made me Diamond too.

Looking forward to the balcony discount and Diamond Lounge perks.

My husband and I finally made Diamond with our last cruise. I'm confused as to exactly what this means for us as far as discounts (if any). If you book suites/balconies apparently there are big discounts there. I keep hearing about all the perks but doesn't look like there are really very many to me. What am I missing? :confused:

One night on the recent cruise we were in the concierge lounge we had a couple of drinks we were ready to leave. I asked the bartender if I could get a couple of sodas and she gave me two cans to take with me . Not a big deal but a nice touch. The next night in the lounge when we were leaving I was asked if we wanted any more soda to take back to our cabin.

Could someone post how many sea days for each tier. New on here and if I like my upcoming cruise I will work towards a higher level. Thanks.

Sandra

Sandra, go to crown and anchor and you will see how many days are needed for each tier, it's on the top of each column.

Diamond level is great, lot of nice perks...we are 10 days away from being Diamond PLUS....looking forward to that..:D

Sandra, go to crown and anchor and you will see how many days are needed for each tier, it's on the top of each column.

Diamond level is great, lot of nice perks...we are 10 days away from being Diamond PLUS....looking forward to that..:D

Thank you. I just checked it out and it seems like some really nice perks. Thanks for the reply. Gives me something new to work towards.

Sandra

Note that unless something has changed drinks-to-go (canned or open drink) are a courtesy which may or may not be extended depending on the staff. I'm pretty sure "the rules" forbid it. Likewise getting upgraded to a new level (Diamond or otherwise) is supposed to be AFTER the completion of the cruise, but occasionally has been extended earlier as a courtesy. It doesn't matter to me how they operate the Lounges, but I don't think it is fair to become upset with the staff if they do follow the rules.

Thom

We also use the internet coupon and the free photo coupon.

Tell me about the photo coupon Is it for one of the photos taken of you, or is it one of the ship pics that aren't always what they seem?

I think you can. I booked one cruise onboard when I was Platinum. I was emerald when the cruise was over. The LA told me to call once I saw my new status and they did get me the addtional $25 balcony discount when I called Crown and Anchor 3 weeks later.

Tell me about the photo coupon Is it for one of the photos taken of you, or is it one of the ship pics that aren't always what they seem?
It is good for one pre-printed photo of you (I think that sometimes the kiosk screens show pictures that were not necessarily printed). If you are both Diamond, you each get a photo.

Balcony Discount: I have had $25 added to my balcony discount when I gained a new C&A level after booking, but before sailing.

Thom