Beautiful Insignia

A Knitter

Maria

not to start the clothing debate again but denim is allowed the GDR (without holes hopefully) just not for dinner ...

I agree some could make an effort for a special luncheon

Lyn

Maria

not to start the clothing debate again but denim is allowed the GDR (without holes hopefully) just not for dinner ...

I agree some could make an effort for a special luncheon

Lyn

Not to start this again, BUT, it's also allowed at dinner. Just not casual jeans.

What we really, really need here is for everyone to read the dress code, take it at face value for what it says and quit trying to press our biases, or what your club does, or the way you dress in your life, on everyone else. No place for judgement against others as long as you are following the guidelines the hosts set.

Sorry for the off topic, but it was already there.

That's all I have to say about that.

Ur correct. But on this very casual Alaska cruise on regatta people are dressed quite nicely for dinner in GDR and specialties. No jeans that I noticed in those venues at dinner. All other times super casual. Everyone is bundled up

Not that I care. Lol

Just an observation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ur correct. But on this very casual Alaska cruise on regatta people are dressed quite nicely for dinner in GDR and specialties. No jeans that I noticed in those venues at dinner. All other times super casual. Everyone is bundled up

Not that I care. Lol

Just an observation

Wore my knitted thong today in GDR and wasn't asked to change.:)

Two washing machines out of order. Water pipe busted. :(

Captains Party with the usual cocktails plus Martinis until 8:00 pm. :D

Terrace Cafe tonite with lobster tails, calamari, etc. :D

We rarely eat in the MDR (I know, unusual, but we like casual dining) and are looking forward to getting dinner from the new grill on the Terrace. We love the grill on Marina. If you go to the new grill on the Terrace (where just about ANY kind of dress is permitted, except that I believe coverups are required if you're there in a bathing suit) could you let us know what you think? I'm assuming it will be very similar to Marina (5 minute wait in line, a few minutes wait while they fix your food, then off you go with your lobster, steak, chicken, grilled veggies, potatoes, etc.) You may want to put a pair of jeans over your knitted thong, however. I've never seen bathing suits at dinner at the Terrace....

Edited by roothy123

We rarely eat in the MDR (I know, unusual, but we like casual dining) and are looking forward to getting dinner from the new grill on the Terrace. We love the grill on Marina. If you go to the new grill on the Terrace (where just about ANY kind of dress is permitted, except that I believe coverups are required if you're there in a bathing suit) could you let us know what you think? I'm assuming it will be very similar to Marina (5 minute wait in line, a few minutes wait while they fix your food, then off you go with your lobster, steak, chicken, grilled veggies, potatoes, etc.) You may want to put a pair of jeans over your knitted thong, however. I've never seen bathing suits for dinner at the Terrace....

LOL. Tonight we have other dining plans but we will let you know. Everything goes in the Terrace. Even saw a man in his bathrobe which may have been before or after his massage. I might add there are passengers between the ages of 8-50 on this cruise. It is refreshing to see young adults and so far well behaved children. :)

We rarely eat in the MDR (I know, unusual, but we like casual dining) and are looking forward to getting dinner from the new grill on the Terrace. We love the grill on Marina. If you go to the new grill on the Terrace (where just about ANY kind of dress is permitted, except that I believe coverups are required if you're there in a bathing suit) could you let us know what you think? I'm assuming it will be very similar to Marina (5 minute wait in line, a few minutes wait while they fix your food, then off you go with your lobster, steak, chicken, grilled veggies, potatoes, etc.) You may want to put a pair of jeans over your knitted thong, however. I've never seen bathing suits at dinner at the Terrace....

Roothy. On regatta. Procedure for the grill identical. You will love it

Edited by pacheco18

• 3 weeks later...

Knitter,

You mentioned improved fitness center equipment (compared to what is on the O class ships). Any idea of brand? The quality of the fitness equipment on Marina was the only thing that was less than optimal on our recent cruise.

Loved our cruise so much, we're about to book a second - on Insignia.

Knitter,

You mentioned improved fitness center equipment (compared to what is on the O class ships). Any idea of brand? The quality of the fitness equipment on Marina was the only thing that was less than optimal on our recent cruise.

Loved our cruise so much, we're about to book a second - on Insignia.

The brand name escapes me but it was far better, In my opinion only than on the O ships. The variety of machines very similar to your local gym. You wont be disappointed. The gym was usually open before 6 am which was nice for me.

A few more things about Insignia. There was no brewed coffee in Horizons. Just the coffee machines. I asked the head maître d Vladimir if he would put a few coffee pots and he did.

The hot tub outside of the Canyon Ranch spa was the only thing that had not been remodeled/replaced. A few chips and cracks in the tub and the jets weren't as powerful as Marina.

Canyon Spa said it belonged to Oceania. Oceania claimed it was the Spa's responsibility. That was really the only thing I observed because I used it one morning. The jets weren't strong enough at least for me. Everything else appeared pristine. Within the first 30 minutes of unpacking, I opened the closet and the knob came off as the screw wasn't long enough. It was fixed immediately. I suppose some things are ignored that are not really important. :)

Canyon Spa said it belonged to Oceania. Oceania claimed it was the Spa's responsibility. That was really the only thing I observed because I used it one morning. The jets weren't strong enough at least for me. Everything else appeared pristine. Within the first 30 minutes of unpacking, I opened the closet and the knob came off as the screw wasn't long enough. It was fixed immediately. I suppose some things are ignored that are not really important. :)

I would say it's an Oceania Ship, so it's up to them to see it was taken care of-no matter who paid for it to be done. Glad your having a great time, we just got off the Marina a few weeks ago--had a few mishaps, but so what the trip and the ship in general was great and we had a good time. Really enjoy hearing about your trip.

Rick

I would say it's an Oceania Ship, so it's up to them to see it was taken care of-no matter who paid for it to be done. Glad your having a great time, we just got off the Marina a few weeks ago--had a few mishaps, but so what the trip and the ship in general was great and we had a good time. Really enjoy hearing about your trip.

Rick

I agree but never got a definite answer. Decided to wait until I got home to my hot tub. Lol. We did have a great time. Saw familiar crew. I was impressed that the Maitre D made sure there was brewed coffee in the morning in Horizons. Its the little touch that mean so much. Glad you also enjoyed your trip on Marina.

For what it's worth, the ladies steam room was redone and it is GORGEOUS -- lots of tiny metallic mosaic tiles (on Regatta). I imagine it's the same on all three ships. Didn't have my camera with me. LOL

I decided to wait until I got home for that too since it is 109 here in Palm Desert. The whole valley is a steam room. :). Good for your skin.