Covered Caribe balconies

golfb4cruzing

We will be in the 700 range on the Caribe deck on our next cruise. This is our first Caribe balcony and am wondering how much is covered? Is there enough coverage where we can sit on balcony yet be out of the direct sunshine, should we choose to do so or need to? I couldn't find any pics or videos showing levels or percentages.

Thanks.

We will be in the 700 range on the Caribe deck on our next cruise. This is our first Caribe balcony and am wondering how much is covered? Is there enough coverage where we can sit on balcony yet be out of the direct sunshine, should we choose to do so or need to? I couldn't find any pics or videos showing levels or percentages.

Thanks.

Yes, lots of space to sit undercover. We hardly ever sit in the uncovered part, just like this accommodation due to having the larger balcony.

Thanks.

What ship?

It depends on what time of day it is and which side of the ship you're on. When we had our port side Caribe Deck balcony on the Ruby in March, it was sunny in the morning on the way down to Cozumel and sunny in the afternoon on the way back to Fort Lauderdale.

Sorry, had to step out today. We are going again on the Ruby but Caribe deck this time. Thanks for all the answers. It will be early November but I'm sure still very warm. Thanks Pam, I didn't know how large they were. Sounds excellent.

Edited by golfb4cruzing

A lot depends on which way the ship is facing as to how much sun you'll get out there. We purposely choose the side of the ship with the most afternoon (hottest) sun depending on our itinerary. DH can soak up the cancerous rays while I can stick my legs out to tan and keep the rest of my body in the shady coolness. It's the best of both worlds. :D

Thanks Pam, I didn't know how large they were. Sounds excellent.
Yes, these are preferred balconies by many people because they are very large and you have the best of both worlds.

With fair Irish skin with lots of pre-cancerous spots after years of being in the sun as a kid and young adult, I have to watch my sun exposure. I use Lubriderm with SPF15 every single day so I'm always protected before leaving the house. (They make a travel size.) I also use sunscreen if I'm going to be out in the sun and the combination is such that I haven't gotten a burn in years.