Booking onboard

Herbie100

I am due to travel this weekend on the Aurora mini cruise. I understand that if I book a future cruise on board then "the 1st two passengers on each booking receive on board credit" for the future cruise. I want to book 3 cabins (want them together and includes disabled cabin so can't wait for saver offers). Will I be able to book this under 3 booking numbers (and hence get OBC for all 6 passengers) or am I being a bit optimistic?:confused:

You may make a new booking on board via the Loyalty & Future Cruise Managers. You may only book either direct or by using your original travel agent who made the booking you are travelling on.

The 1st two passengers on each booking receive on board credit, the amount of which depends on the length of the cruise.

2 - 7 nights on board = £25pp

8 - 14 nights on board = £50pp

15 - 21 nights on board = £75pp

22 or more nights on board = £100pp

The above info is from PO website and I might be wrong but you could book 3 cabins under one booking but like it says only first 2 get extra OBC. I am not 100% certain but dont think you would be able to book onboard 3 different cabins under different bookings if others are not on the cruise. My advice is to go and speak to Future Cruise Sales when onboard and possibly one way round it is not to book onboard but buy 3 Future Cruise Credits and then book when you get home individually using cruise credits and getting the same OBC bonus.

You can certainly buy Future Cruise Downpayments for others not on the cruise. You need their personal details. Peninsular number helps but not essential as they can search using name and date or birth. The cost is £50 per person.

The £50 goes toward the deposit on the cruise booked and you can book with any travel agent. You get the same extra on board credit as listed in the post above. The cruise must be booked within 12 months of the issue of the FCD but the cruise date can be later than that.

Brian

Thanks for the advice. I'll go prepared with everyone's details and see if it is possible to book there and then or get the future cruise credits and book on my return. Unfortunately, we can't wait for the saver fare as we need one disabled cabin so have to select the cabin number. Have considered waiting for the other 2 cabins but would rather have all the cabins together and choose the same dining option (rather than risk all being on separate dining times!) It's a price we're prepared to pay. Anyway, looking forward to 2 nights on the Aurora this weekend - never been on her before - and weather looking fab!:)

Well with 3 months to go, there are no lower end inside cabins left and the price is now £250 pp more than we paid. We got £200 OBC between us, so very glad we booked early.

Yes perhaps so at the moment but what P&O will do is "upgrade" early bookers and then sell inside cabins off cheap its not close enough 3months to get really cheap deals. Also it is not paying balance time yet and there will as always happens be cancellations and so many cabin grades will become available again.

From what I have read on here in the past (by people who require them) disabled cabins do tend to go fairly quickly , as there are not a huge number on each ship.

Which is why when everyone talks about which fare to pay, select or saver, they must have to bite their tongues, as they would probably NEVER have the option of waiting for saver fares.

We booked on-board for a future cruise on the Ventura for this Christmas/New year and booked an obstructed outside cabin. We received a total of £440.00 on board credit.

We later (6 months) made a reservation for our friend in an additional cabin and she received £70.00 OBC.

I have found that they can be flexible when it comes to OBC. But if you don't ask you don't get is my motto !!!

We booked on-board for a future cruise on the Ventura for this Christmas/New year and booked an obstructed outside cabin. We received a total of £440.00 on board credit.

We later (6 months) made a reservation for our friend in an additional cabin and she received £70.00 OBC.

I have found that they can be flexible when it comes to OBC. But if you don't ask you don't get is my motto !!!

The OBC P&O give for any cruise whenever booked can be flexible but the extra OBC given for booking onboard or using a FCC is extra and on top of whatever OBC is being offered at the time this amount is fixed and depends on length of cruise and is as follows-

2 - 7 nights on board = £25pp

8 - 14 nights on board = £50pp

15 - 21 nights on board = £75pp

22 or more nights on board = £100pp