Requesting Update on Westerdam's Neptune Lounge

sail7seas

Thanks, Tracie.

I'm no where near ready to cruise again right now but some friends invited me to join them to cruise some months from now. I am appreciative they included me. I'll see how things go between now and then. :)

I imagine it would be really, really hard for you, but as you have always enjoyed cruising so much this may be a way for you to make that first step. Having friends along with you onboard would be very supportive.

Thank you for the update.

In the morning did they have the pastries as well?

In the afternoon did they have the pound cake, cookies, chocolates?

Yes and yes. Anyone for a chocolate croissant.

Thanks, Tracie.

I'm no where near ready to cruise again right now but some friends invited me to join them to cruise some months from now. I am appreciative they included me. I'll see how things go between now and then. :)

Hi Sail-

Not sure what happened, but I will keep you and your well-being in my thoughts. You must cruise again so I can finally meet you!

Take care-

Tracie-Lynn

Thank you for the update.

In the morning did they have the pastries as well?

In the afternoon did they have the pound cake, cookies, chocolates?

I think its been stated for weeks now that there is nothing missing form the food assortment in the NL on the Westerdam. Can we finally put this thread to bed?

I think its been stated for weeks now that there is nothing missing form the food assortment in the NL on the Westerdam. Can we finally put this thread to bed?

We had not until now seen a photo of the way Westerdam's Neptune Lounge is setting out the muffins, donuts, bread, bagels etc Your photos were great and we appreciated them but you did not show us what I (for one) specifically wanted to see.

Thank you, Brazilgirl, for posting your photos. You have shown exactly what I wanted to see. :) Of all the Neptune Lounges we have enjoyed, this is a different display than in the others but looks lovely. I am happy to see the breakfast sideboard offerings have returned and hope they are again offering the afternoon cheese wedge, crackers, pound cakes etc

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, Brazilgirl.

We enjoyed the cruise very much. I will be posting a photo review when we get back to Brazil. I took these photos thinking of you all on CC as I know there have been lots of doubts about the NL. [emoji6][emoji6]Glad they were helpful.

We loved the huge cabin and the Balcony for Alaska. It truly made our cruise!

We enjoyed the cruise very much. I will be posting a photo review when we get back to Brazil. I took these photos thinking of you all on CC as I know there have been lots of doubts about the NL. [emoji6][emoji6]Glad they were helpful.

Thanks again and safe home to Brazil. :)

If you are not interested, why not pass the thread by? It's not mandatory to read since it seems to be very upsetting to you for some reason. It is not your decision to make when a thread is done. You only prolong it by posting to it after you said you were done with it. I try to to ever post such a thing unless I know it's a promise I'm going to keep.

Seems to me that it looks much fuller than it was on my cruise. Too bad they wouldn't have bacon in there (inside joke before anyone blows a gasket):D:p. Thx for the pics.

Edited by cruz chic

Perhaps someone has more to contribute to this subject. Is this thread somehow harming you in any way? If you're tired of it, why are you still reading and posting to it. And what useful information did your post really provide? :confused: Jeez, lighten up!

While this isn't the same as in the NL as I've experienced it on other ships, it's far better than was was reported at first. That is, one had to ask a serving person, or the concierge, for what one wanted, and they would go into the "back" and get it for them. I don't know what I want until I've seen the options (there is no menu, after all). I would have no problem asking for or pointing to, one of those, two of those, and I think I'll try that!

And yes, it's probably a test run to see if they save a few dollars on wasted food by having it served rather than self-serve.

And editing to add that in 32 days I'll be able to enjoy all the perks again, this time on the Rotterdam. I cannot WAIT!

Edited by magandab

Many of us are very appreciative of your taking the pictures and posting them here.

Also looking forward to your photo review.

While this isn't the same as in the NL as I've experienced it on other ships, it's far better than was was reported at first. That is, one had to ask a serving person, or the concierge, for what one wanted, and they would go into the "back" and get it for them. I don't know what I want until I've seen the options (there is no menu, after all). I would have no problem asking for or pointing to, one of those, two of those, and I think I'll try that!

And yes, it's probably a test run to see if they save a few dollars on wasted food by having it served rather than self-serve.

And editing to add that in 32 days I'll be able to enjoy all the perks again, this time on the Rotterdam. I cannot WAIT!

You are right -- it is far better than what many of us had starting last March. The concierges didn't even have any of the sideboard food for us to ask far. What was under the dome was it.

Seems to me that it looks much fuller than it was on my cruise. Too bad they wouldn't have bacon in there (inside joke before anyone blows a gasket):D:p. Thx for the pics.

Funny!! I love bacon! I solved the lack of bacon by ordering it from room service for my son who likes a hot breakfast and I would steal some before going to the NL for my breakfast . Worked like a dream!

Thanks for the well wishes , enjoying the coast of CA right nowe7a2e9yj.jpg

Funny!! I love bacon! I solved the lack of bacon by ordering it from room service for my son who likes a hot breakfast and I would steal some before going to the NL for my breakfast . Worked like a dream!

Thanks for the well wishes , enjoying the coast of CA right nowe7a2e9yj.jpg

Beautiful picture!

If you are not interested, why not pass the thread by? It's not mandatory to read since it seems to be very upsetting to you for some reason. It is not your decision to make when a thread is done. You only prolong it by posting to it after you said you were done with it. I try to to ever post such a thing unless I know it's a promise I'm going to keep.

Because it's like a car wreck, and it's interesting to see what what petty things people need to find to fill up their time with. Perhaps you should be less worried about my comments and more concerned if you could find the exact same food items on the exact same place on every HAL ship, truly important

Edited by avalon1025

Well, what may be unimportant to some is important to others. I for one am happy to see that the NL on the Westerdam has a toaster, and the small bagels. Part of my morning routine on a cruise is to enjoy a toasted bagel, lox and cream-cheese in the NL, and I am glad to see that this is once again available, at least on this ship. Hopefully on all the other HAL ships too.

Thanks to the OP for taking the time/effort to take and post the photos. I appreciate it.

ON cruiser,

From all the postings on this thread, I am trying to figure out what are the advantages of going to the NL for "breakfast" instead of having your breakfast delivered by room service or going to the Pinnacle Grill.

Do those who choose the NL or Pinnacle Grill going for the opportunity to have conversation with fellow passengers and staff?

My daughter and I have reservations in September and are "late risers" and, on previous trips on other ships, have room service and I enjoy eating on our balcony.

This will be our first trip on a HAL ship.

I get the impression that room service offers the same menu as the Pinnacle Grill or am I incorrect in that assumption?

Thanks to all who can answer my query.