Tube from Heathrow to Victoria station

Take the tube (Picadilly line) from Heathrow. Change at Hammersmith or Earls Court (easiest 2 stations to do it) onto the District line. You want a train heading for Upminster. Victoria is 4 stops after Earls Court. Trip takes about 55 minutes. Here's a map to help you out.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/standard-tube-map.pdf

Simon

Change at Hammersmith or Barons Court - it is just a cross platform change.
Indeed - I think that sddsddean must have meant Barons Court.

My preference is to change at Barons Court because the platform is narrower and you have less far to carry your bags there (only about 7 or 8 feet). Exceptions: If it's wet, there's more shelter at Hammersmith while you're waiting for the train. And during the morning peak, when it's easier to get on at Hammersmith. (A few weeks back I forgot to do this during the morning peak, and regretted it. Especially as I had a 32 kg bag and an 18 kg bag together with a carry-on backpack, another small bag, and a smaller duty-free bag. It wasn't the best time to take the Tube.)

Do not change at Earls Court - it involves steps/escalators etc.. Change at Hammersmith or Barons Court - it is just a cross platform change.

Sorry...slip of the finger...or mind! You choose!!:D

Simon

As much as we love the Underground, peak is from early morning until late at night.......;)

Kind of depends what you are used to - travelling the Tube every day, my definition is "get a seat = off-peak":rolleyes:. I do travel against the flow (out from Central London to the suburbs each day which helps immensely).:)

One 'good' thing about peak-time travel is that trains run about every 2 minutes - so you can easily let a few crowded trains go by with no serious delay to your journey.

Commuting is an attitude of mind - you will be crowded in a carriage - but just immerse yourself in your newspaper/ipad/ipod/i-thingy and it soon passes.

It also helps you cope with crowds/queues on a cruise ship - to me it is no biggie - the 'country bumpkins' just do not seem to be able cope with crowds like us townies.:D:rolleyes: