Land sickness!?

Mommu98

I have the same issue.

I adjust to the movment of floating vessels quick. When I get off, holy cow, hold on tight why is the toilet moving...

Some people take Bonine (sp?) after the cruise to lesson the symptoms.

Went on a 3 day from Long Beach to Ensenada, no sea sickness at all, but when we got off the ship, i felt the rocking of the ship for a week afterwards....any suggestions to help avoid this?

It's the flip side of sea sickness. And there are quite a few people who suffer from it. It's called mal de debarquement. Your inner ear is just readjusting to solid footing.

Some people have found relief by using the typical sea sickness remedies - Dramamine, Bonine, etc. It eventually does go away without intervention, but it can be bothersome to some. Sometimes it lasts longer than other times. I've always had a bit of the rolling motion after every cruise. Usually only lasts a couple of days, but once I was still rocking a month later.

I would say go see your Doctor and do not take medical advice from a cruise forum and people who may not be medically trained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh dear. And I was just going to make a suggestion!:eek:

OP, I had a terrible problem with rocking after a very rough cruise. As time goes by and I have more cruises under my belt, I no longer experience it. But I did use the scopolamine patch (under doctor's Rx, of course ;)) and it did help quite a bit.

I don't think one needs to see a doctor unless it's been several days and is not showing signs of improvement. There's no reason to not try an OTC medication or home version of the Epley Manuever. Unless the person has a contraindications to Bonine or Dramamine (which they would already know) trying it to see if it helps until the problem resolves itself isn't going to be harmful.

Of course if the rocking/dizziness gets worse, is accompanied by other symptoms, or doesn't clear on it's own after a few days, seeing a doctor would be appropriate.

Went on a 3 day from Long Beach to Ensenada, no sea sickness at all, but when we got off the ship, i felt the rocking of the ship for a week afterwards....any suggestions to help avoid this?

I've had this happen a few times. Since it lasted for a week afterwards, and if your next cruise (The one listed in your signature) isn't for quite a while yet, chances are you'll be at your doctor's office for one reason or another.....ask him or her about it. Even if you have to put a note on top of your calendar as a reminder, that's what I would do.

It might happen again, it might not....but it could be an inner ear issue that you'd want to have someone look at anyway.

I just realized we're on the same Wonder cruise!

Edited by MizDaisy