High Volume of Children and Teenagers

Shadow205

Norwegian Cruise Line is informing you that sailings on the Norwegian ships throughout June to September are expecting a high volume of children and teenagers under the age of 18.

All parents are encouraged to register for the Splash Academy and Entourage programs as soon as they board the ship.

Due to the high volume of children and teenagers you could experience slight wait times at drop off and pick up. Please have yours and your child's key card available for pick up and drop off. you could experience slight wait times at drop off and pick up. Please have yours and your child's key card available for pick up and drop off.

I received an email today, above is part of it. I think it is useful information for those with children and for those who want to avoid the craziness of a ship full of kids. Is there a possibility that Splash Academy will be full and some kids won't get to participate? Does anyone know of that happening? TIA

Edited by Shadow205

Norwegian Cruise Line is informing you that sailings on the Norwegian ships throughout June to September are expecting a high volume of children and teenagers under the age of 18.

All parents are encouraged to register for the Splash Academy and Entourage programs as soon as they board the ship.

Due to the high volume of children and teenagers you could experience slight wait times at drop off and pick up. Please have yours and your child's key card available for pick up and drop off. you could experience slight wait times at drop off and pick up. Please have yours and your child's key card available for pick up and drop off.

I received an email today, above is part of it. I think it is useful information for those with children and for those who want to avoid the craziness of a ship full of kids. Is there a possibility that Splash Academy will be full and some kids won't get to participate? Does anyone know of that happening? TIA

Maybe I will get that all you can drink package. LOL

Edited by dogboy

On the Getaway last week... We signed our son up early in the afternoon of embarkation day. That evening when we went to drop him off at opening at 8:00pm, there was a gigantic line of about a gazillion people waiting. Some (like us) had already signed their kids up, and they were trying to corral us to one side to check our kids in, while trying to corral those who hadn't yet signed their children up the other direction. It was truly a zoo, but the staff was doing a good job trying to create some organization out of it. It definitely would have gone smoother had people registered their children in the afternoon, as suggested in that email.

Is there a possibility that Splash Academy will be full and some kids won't get to participate? Does anyone know of that happening? TIA

We had an issue with this on BA in February. We sailed President's Week and it was a very full ship with 1600 kids on board. They often held Splash Academy programming in venues other than the Splash Academy space due to high volume. However, there was one night when we were turned away because dd's age group was filled to capacity by the time we arrived.

No, not at all. Don't forget, there was a huge "free travel" promotion as well. I don't recall them ever sending out an email before. We travel mostly during spring break and holidays, and have had over 1500 kids on sailings before. It was never an issue.

Edited by SissasMomE

Thanks everyone for your replies/info. We are staying overnight in our old home town and will only have about an hours drive in the morning. Everyone is anxious to board the ship. I can't wait to see the grandkids expressions when they see how big it is. It's going to be a great family cruise.

I think (just experienced it) that Splash Academy is the BEST program they have! Oh, my goodness. I just can't praise Norwegian enough for that program. My grandkids were just absolutely having the best time of their lives. The program lasts many hours, and they wanted to be there the whole time.

We did have long lines (it was a kids sail free promotion) but we just got there early and were 1st or 2nd in line. Pack your patience. it's worth it for the kids. Memories for a lifetime :) :cool::D

Thanks everyone for your replies/info. We are staying overnight in our old home town and will only have about an hours drive in the morning. Everyone is anxious to board the ship. I can't wait to see the grandkids expressions when they see how big it is. It's going to be a great family cruise.

you're going to have so much fun!!! I'm excited for you, as I had 3 grandkids on our cruise and I just can't explain how much fun it was for all of us. As we drove to the Seattle pier, we showed them the Argosy and said "there's our cruise ship!" 'want to spend a week on that ship" lol and, they said "yes" then, as we drove Alaskan Way towards the Pearl, and we came around the corner you should have seen their faces when we said we'd been joking, and that was the real cruise ship :) :) :)

and, the BA is so much larger, their expressions will be even better :D

Edited by Traveller20074

you're going to have so much fun!!! I'm excited for you, as I had 3 grandkids on our cruise and I just can't explain how much fun it was for all of us. As we drove to the Seattle pier, we showed them the Argosy and said "there's our cruise ship!" 'want to spend a week on that ship" lol and, they said "yes" then, as we drove Alaskan Way towards the Pearl, and we came around the corner you should have seen their faces when we said we'd been joking, and that was the real cruise ship :) :) :)

and, the BA is so much larger, their expressions will be even better :D

Glad to hear that! Were are taking 4 grands ages 3, 5, 7,& 9 (plus their Mommy's, our DD's).

Sailing on the POA 1st of August and received it. I called and rep stated "approximately twice the usual number of children" have booked the POA this summer, how delightful. glad it is port intensive.:cool:

How lucky for those kids and families to be able to do such a magnificent vacation!!!!! Now that is delightful!!!

Kids belong traveling with their families and too bad if some don't like it.

How lucky for those kids and families to be able to do such a magnificent vacation!!!!! Now that is delightful!!!

Kids belong traveling with their families and too bad if some don't like it.

I agree 100% Crusin6! We were lucky enough to be able to take our DD's through out the Caribbean, cruising, renting villa's & resorts as they were growing up. Now that we have Grands, we plan to do the same with them. As far as those who don't like it, well, there are ships that don't cater to families. We chose the Getaway because of Splash Academy and we plan to have fun!

I agree 100% Crusin6! We were lucky enough to be able to take our DD's through out the Caribbean, cruising, renting villa's & resorts as they were growing up. Now that we have Grands, we plan to do the same with them. As far as those who don't like it, well, there are ships that don't cater to families. We chose the Getaway because of Splash Academy and we plan to have fun!

Agreed - 100%. Have a GREAT time!!