Short review Gem May 10 to the 17th.

srgw

This review is to express my good and not so good points on my 1st. cruise with Norwegian.(40th anniversary and 63rd birthday) We were in the Penthouse suite 9170 (aside from broken safe which took two days to fix as it was replaced after notifying our concierge Carlos) the room, the suite perks, concierge,and steward were all excellent. :) As for the butler :( (Zahid), 1st: we were never instructed how to use the coffee maker, 2nd asked for small roast beef snack sandwiches as an afternoon snack was told don't have roast beef next day garden cafe had a 3 foot roast beef hero. 3rd. Loved Monderno pineapple asked butler if we could get some one evening was told no,asked concierge Carlos and he said it will happen. Next day pineapple delivered by butler. My opinion of the butler was he didn't seem to want to go out of his way since we weren't in the Haven. I feel we were not treated properly as a suite guest by our butler. All said and done we enjoyed the cruise and are looking to book another in 2015 on the Gem. ;)

We had Zahid last year and thought he was great. We were not in the Haven either (2 bedroom suite) and he took amazing care of us so I don't think it was specifically because you were not in the Haven. We told him at the beginning what types of items we liked for snacks and what we didn't and he brought a great assortment several times a day. Sorry to hear your experience was not good. We are sailing again in July and hoping that we have him again.

This review is to express my good and not so good points on my 1st. cruise with Norwegian.(40th anniversary and 63rd birthday) We were in the Penthouse suite 9170 (aside from broken safe which took two days to fix as it was replaced after notifying our concierge Carlos) the room, the suite perks, concierge,and steward were all excellent. :) As for the butler :( (Zahid), 1st: we were never instructed how to use the coffee maker, 2nd asked for small roast beef snack sandwiches as an afternoon snack was told don't have roast beef next day garden cafe had a 3 foot roast beef hero. 3rd. Loved Monderno pineapple asked butler if we could get some one evening was told no,asked concierge Carlos and he said it will happen. Next day pineapple delivered by butler. My opinion of the butler was he didn't seem to want to go out of his way since we weren't in the Haven. I feel we were not treated properly as a suite guest by our butler. All said and done we enjoyed the cruise and are looking to book another in 2015 on the Gem. ;)

We what'd Zahid last year and we also were in an aft penthouse cabin #9670. He did show us our to work the coffee machine. Don't feel it was the location. Usually you can't get anything from the specialty restaurants unless you pay. We in fact felt ignored by Carlos. He only came by once the whole cruise and never called us. Our butler we saw all the time and he made sure we had everything we needed.

The suite life with a bad butler aint so sweet. I would have had a very serious talk with the concierge about the butler and demanded a new butler if things didn't change very quick.

I definitely would have been talking to someone.

OP, I am glad that you were able to enjoy the cruise in spite of the issue.

Just an update sent a letter to NCL Maimi and received a reply this morning.

"Thank you for your recent letter.

As our goal is to provide our passengers with a cruise vacation that exceeds their expectations, it is truly rewarding to learn your overall cruise experience was a pleasant one.

All members of the Norwegian Cruise Line team work very hard to ensure our passengers leave us with only fond memories of their cruise experience. We are pleased to learn our staff and crew aboard the M/S Norwegian Gem treated you with the fine service and high standards, which have become synonymous with Norwegian Cruise Line.

We have taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of your correspondence to the Master of the M/S Norwegian Gem, so you can be sure your kind words regarding the staff will be passed along and they will be recognized for their fine work.

We anticipate that all our staff members will embody the Norwegian Cruise Line ideals of courtesy, enthusiasm and helpfulness. Please accept our apology for lack of information and customer service from our staff members. We are disheartened that the situation described negatively affected your time with us. We appreciate that you brought this matter to our attention. You can be certain that this matter will be addressed internally with the Hotel Director and his staff in order to prevent reoccurrences of this nature.

It was a pleasure to learn you found your Concierge Carlos friendly and accommodating. A copy of your letter is being sent to the Gem's Master so that he may also take note of your kind remarks and personally recognize our outstanding staff members. They will surely be glad to learn that the level of service provided positively influenced your perception of our cruise line.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond. As a gesture of goodwill, we are sending (under separate cover) an Onboard Credit Certificate in the amount of $200.00, with the genuine hope that you will allow us another chance to meet your expectations in the future. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back aboard soon."

It pays to follow up if you are not happy with the level of service you received. :)