Serenade of the Seas Dining

Hi everyone,

For those who have recently sailed this ship, what were yours thoughts on the food? From the small sample size I have heard from, the food in the MDR was disappointing and there is an upcharge for lobster and filet on formal nights. They said it is worth it to spend more and eat at the specialty restaurants.

Also, what were you thoughts about the ship in general? Did you enjoy it and did it meet your expectations?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by AEGBRG

Food is so subjective. You might love what someone else hates. Having said that, you can certainly have the waiter bring you something else if you don't like something. Have two entrees if you want. Just try it and decide for yourself. You may decide to dine in a specialty restaurant one evening, or do what we did and take dinner in the Windjammer buffet - Serenade has a fabulous outdoor aft eating area. It's great. :)

She is in good shape. Have fun.

Hi everyone,

For those who have recently sailed this ship, what were yours thoughts on the food? From the small sample size I have heard from, the food in the MDR was disappointing and there is an upcharge for lobster and filet on formal nights. They said it is worth it to spend more and eat at the specialty restaurants.

Also, what were you thoughts about the ship in general? Did you enjoy it and did it meet your expectations?

Thanks in advance.

The basic MDR menu on the one of the formal nights does have the Fisherman's Platter which contains a 3-4 oz Lobster Tail and there is also a Beef Tenderloin item on the menu. Food is very subjective and with that said I have always found something I liked/enjoyed off the basis MDR menu.

The following items are also available in the MDR any night f of the cruise or a charge :

• 1 LB Main Lobster
  • Chops Filet
  • 1 LB Main Lobster and Chops Filet Combo

Food was great when we were onboard in March of this year. One evening we didn't care for the menu and ate in the Windjammer and enjoyed it and loved our talk with one of the Executive Chefs...he gave a few of us some cooking tips on how he does the prime rib...

We were on Serenade last month and I have to admit the food was disappointing on some nights. We sail regularly on RC and it wasn't the menu, it was the execution of dishes we had on Allure earlier this year, but were just not done well on Serenade.

I had a fish dish on the second night which was so overcooked as to be barely edible. I didn't bother making a fuss - there's always food to be had elsewhere. However, funnily enough the MDR dishes did seem to improve as the cruise (11 days) went on - it was the first cruise after the TA so maybe they'd taken some new crew onboard.

We also ate in Chops, Giovannis and Chef's Table - all of which were excellent.

The ship is in good shape - but I'm not someone who looks out for nit-picky things. We love the Radiance Class of ships, particularly the outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer.

We were on the Serenade last Christmas and really enjoyed her. We eat the majority of our meals in the Windjammer and were delighted to find it in the back of the ship with outdoor eating behind. We'll be on the Jewel in 2015 and can't wait to be on another ship with the Windjammer in the back!