Which would you choose?

Looking at a cruise for Aug 2015 and think I have it narrowed down to two but can't decide which one (both are eastern):

Which would you pick and why?

Freedom of the Seas (out of Port Canaveral) (7 day)

- CocoCay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten

OR

Carnival Breeze (out of Miami) (8 day)

- St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

We are not drinkers or gamblers. We enjoy sightseeing, shopping and beaches.

The evening shows and going to the main dining room for meals are the highlights for us.

Thanks

Well, ordinarily I would say that 8 days is better than 7 days, and the Breeze itinerary has more "unusual" ports which are not on the typical eastern itineraries (we really liked St Kitts and Grand Turk)

But I really prefer the RCI product over the Carnival product, and reviews of the Breeze have constant complaints of crowdedness.

So, I would choose Freedom over Breeze based on reviews and on my personal experience with these two cruiselines. We preferred the MDR experience on RCI ships a thousand times better than on our carnival cruise (The tables in the dining room were way too close together, and service was not as attentive with the dining team responsible for 3 times more tables/diners than on our RCI cruises). RCI really shines in the entertainment department too - we were kind of bored on our Carnival cruise. My kids were 10 and 12 at the time, and they thought Carnival's club was too babyish - apparently a lot of other kids agreed because the club was underutilized in that age group, and there were a lot of unsupervised tweens/teens running about the ship. RCI does a great job with tweens/teens

Edited by DonnaK

That's a tough choice as having sailed twice on Breeze and once on Freedom. Freedom next month for us again but that's another topic. Anyways first the departure ports. I really enjoy Port Canaveral better than Miami. Fishlips restuarant right there on the channel in P.C. Is always fun the day before sailing...watch the ships leave really gets the cruise anticipation popping. however, Miami is happening as we all know but expensive. Only thing I hate about P.C. Is the logistics of getting there, rental cars, etc. Miami has a close port.

Entertainment, I would go with Freedom. I feel there is more to activities on RCI . Don't get me wrong, our first time on breeze was excellent as it was ll new to us. We had a blast. More pools on RCI than breeze but no huge water park if that is your thing. Food was equal for us. I like the breeze port of calls better with the cruise you are comparing. Price will be cheaper on carnival but I felt more crowded on carnival breeze than on freedom. Carnival breeze lido deck food area (main room) not outside by guys burger joint) is sooooooo crowded we just avoided it all together. Ok I'm ranting it's a tough call but I'm leaning towards freedom...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Looking at a cruise for Aug 2015 and think I have it narrowed down to two but can't decide which one (both are eastern):

Which would you pick and why?

Freedom of the Seas (out of Port Canaveral) (7 day)

- CocoCay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten

OR

Carnival Breeze (out of Miami) (8 day)

- St. Maarten, NA; St Kitts, WI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk

We are not drinkers or gamblers. We enjoy sightseeing, shopping and beaches.

The evening shows and going to the main dining room for meals are the highlights for us.

Thanks

Freedom has better shows and entertainment.( I love the Ice show) I also prefer Port Canaveral over Miami. (but I'm driving)

Carnival Breeze has better ports, food and is 8 days.

Unless price is a big factor I would choose Freedom.(I'm also biased because of being D+ on RCI)

Thanks everyone.

We have not been to any of these ports or on either of these ships. It is hard choosing as both ships have great features!

Easy...do one this year and the other next year! lol

Have you read the reviews for each ship? That might help you to decide

Edited by DonnaK

I'm one of those people not tied to a cruise line- with that been said I was on the breeze last yr. it's a great ship very new, love the ports it goes to. Not busy. I like big ships going on allure next yr. you will not be sorry on this ship. Can't wait till royal third and forth oasis comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app